Weight loss thread 2023

Popped into this thread a few times and find that people talking about what's worked for them is actually quite motivational for me. Not necessarily gunna do the same things, what's right for people is very individual - but thanks for the unknowing support you've given.
Suffer badly with migraines which then stops me exercising, whilst craving carbs in recovery. Am 58, put on over a stone in the last year, BMI of nearly 35 and possibly pre diabetic. Just started (again) and lost 3lb so far this week. I hate being this fat, lethargic and all the aches and pains that go with it.

I knew i was overweight a while back and wanted to do something about it. First weighed myself 3rd July (my birthday was 2nd so i allowed myself to enjoy that first!) and i was 111kg which was the biggest i've been. This morning i weighed 105.6kg so it's encouraging to see i'm going in the right direction.

I've not been able to exercise too much this month yet, so that reduction is mainly eating a whole lot better and not snacking between meals. Other than the first few days i've not felt like i'm eating less. Shows the importance of eating well at mealtimes and I don't really need much in between.

Hoping to go for a few runs before the end of the month and then hopefully if i can get out twice a week that should keep me ticking along. I'd love to get below 100kg as i've not been that low for a long time. If i could settle somewhere around 95kg i'd be buzzing with that

Injury has massively effected the waist line. Got suit for a family wedding and trousers are biggest waist I've ever had. Time to do something about it! Been off drink pretty much for nearly 2 years. Time for the war on cards and sweets to begin!

Down 20lbs from my heaviest and can get in to loads of clothes that wouldn’t fit before. Feels pretty good, about another 10lbs will do, that will get me down to my wedding weight some 15 years ago. Fitter and stronger now than I’ve been at any time in my life.

Struggled with my weight massively since covid/pneumonia but a visit to the doctors last month gave me the kick up the arse I needed.
Started at 109.4kg last month and weighed in at 101.9kg this morning. The target is 86kg which is where I was at before lockdown. Feels good getting the weight back off though, best I’ve felt.

Just started a diet over a week ago after edging over the 20st mark..
Using an app to help me calorie count my meals and I've lost 10lbs so far, well aware that this will slow down..
Target weight is 17st and I've given myself till the back end of January to try and achieve it..
Hoping to save some cash as a plus, too easy to spend a fortune in greggs/maccies..
Just hope I can stick to it..

Just started a diet over a week ago after edging over the 20st mark..
Using an app to help me calorie count my meals and I've lost 10lbs so far, well aware that this will slow down..
Target weight is 17st and I've given myself till the back end of January to try and achieve it..
Hoping to save some cash as a plus, too easy to spend a fortune in greggs/maccies..
Just hope I can stick to it..
im using the nutracheck app bit like my fitness pal but better.. has almost everything you can eat in its data base very good

im using the nutracheck app bit like my fitness pal but better.. has almost everything you can eat in its data base very good
Aye mate that's the one I have. Used up my free week about a year ago and it did work but I didn't want to pay so I just stopped using it..
Just got it again and payed for the year so there's another incentive to use it 👍

What’s the best way to get fiber into your diet like without adding loads of calories.
They suggest eating 30/40 grams a day but seems pretty difficult

Was just looking at the list of high fibre foods and it does seem quite hard to get 40 grams of fibre without dedicating a lot of calories to it.
Definitely it seems physically impossible.

Then fibre one bars have 5 grams in. Protein shake I use has 7 per shake. Apples have a bit but struggling after that

I’ll give them a whirl cheers mate.

How much do you put in 😂😂

Depends how much fiber you want 🤣🤣🤣 I just use a teaspoonful bud. I’m not counting calories on the daily(got my intake to 3k and left it at that as eating same food everyday more or less ) so if you’re following something find out how much you need and weigh it out

Last edited:

Back