Weight loss thread 2023

Darlo1973

Striker
Ha'way 2023.

Bit of a shock stepping on the scales yesterday morning after 2 weeks of food, drinking and being lazy so the first priority of the year will be shifting that seasonal excess. Still, I start the year 18 pounds than I was this time last year and at my lowest (mid-Nov), I had managed to lose 26 pounds - so the aim is to do at least the same this year. My main problem right now is lack of exercise during the winter (walking to/from the pub doesn't really count) and still wanting warm stodgy foods rather than salads.

Currently 232lb, want to be 210lb.
Loads of excuses why I'm this heavy but ultimately I'm to blame. I need to stay injury free (currently struggling to run), stop being greedy and cut back on booze.

Currently 232lb, want to be 210lb.
Loads of excuses why I'm this heavy but ultimately I'm to blame. I need to stay injury free (currently struggling to run), stop being greedy and cut back on booze.

I'm around the same atm....need to loose 12lbs before a couple of big cycling events kick in starting the end of March....just finnished week 1 of my zwift training program....my diet over the last couple of months has been shocking....that's my biggest weakness.

I'm around the same atm....need to loose 12lbs before a couple of big cycling events kick in starting the end of March....just finnished week 1 of my zwift training program....my diet over the last couple of months has been shocking....that's my biggest weakness.
Same as me! 12lb would be class.

Weighed in at 226lbs on January 1st, aim is to end the year around the 200 mark 🤞

Well, that's only a pound every 2 weeks. Sounds easy, but weight loss is never linear. The hard part is keeping going when you hit a plateau.

This week has gone OK. Forced myself to go for a walk at lunchtime or after work though I still can't get back in the habit of a morning walk when it's dark. 30 mins extra is bed is always more attractive. Went out for a few drinks last night as a friend has just got engaged but otherwise I've been off the drink all week.

Well, that's only a pound every 2 weeks. Sounds easy, but weight loss is never linear. The hard part is keeping going when you hit a plateau.

This week has gone OK. Forced myself to go for a walk at lunchtime or after work though I still can't get back in the habit of a morning walk when it's dark. 30 mins extra is bed is always more attractive. Went out for a few drinks last night as a friend has just got engaged but otherwise I've been off the drink all week.
Yeah that’s a weight I would be happy to get to and then stick at, it’s the sticking at it that is usually the hard part

Week one -1.3kgs or just under 3lbs. Happy enough with that. Didn’t drink but was minesweeping last of the Christmas food and didn’t do a lot of exercise. Got a long weekend in Madrid coming up and then back off the drink, sort the diet out and go to the gym every other day or so.

Week one -1.3kgs or just under 3lbs. Happy enough with that. Didn’t drink but was minesweeping last of the Christmas food and didn’t do a lot of exercise. Got a long weekend in Madrid coming up and then back off the drink, sort the diet out and go to the gym every other day or so.

Enjoy Madrid but it's not a city which goes well with weight loss so just go with the flow and worry about the excess when you get back.

Enjoy Madrid but it's not a city which goes well with weight loss so just go with the flow and worry about the excess when you get back.
That’s the plan! I’m calling it a UK dry January! It will only be one big session on Saturday. I arrive Thursday afternoon and will meet a couple of lads for a couple of beers. Friday will be plenty of walking and museums - again probably only a couple of beers as the other lads arrive pretty late. Sunday probably stay off it and then travel back Monday for a proper regime.

That’s the plan! I’m calling it a UK dry January! It will only be one big session on Saturday. I arrive Thursday afternoon and will meet a couple of lads for a couple of beers. Friday will be plenty of walking and museums - again probably only a couple of beers as the other lads arrive pretty late. Sunday probably stay off it and then travel back Monday for a proper regime.

No such thing as "only a couple of beers" in Madrid.

Ive not checked the scales since October and I was gutted then! Only just been back to the gym today (first time in two months). Absolutely terrible.

Back