Weight loss thread 2023

Lost 16lbs a since start of December. Looks like I’ll be going out on Friday but I’m a bit gutted it’ll temporarily stop my progress

I was a big sweet eater, cakes and biscuits constantly.
Since 1st Jan, no sweet treats, and no alcohol.
Start weight 13 stone 7lbs
Now 13 stone 4lbs
Takes bloody time time doesn’t it. I want to get down to 12 stone 7lbs …. But losing patience.

Weighed myself between Christmas and New Year and was 97kg / 213lbs. Been stable at that sort of weight for a while.

Not had a drink since New Year’s Eve so expect I’ll be a bit down on that, albeit my strength is massively increasing this Jan.

Theoretically my bench should be back at about 130kg for a 1rm based on what I’m doing for reps.

Seems I’ve been massively underestimating what not drinking can do for you physically.

I was a big sweet eater, cakes and biscuits constantly.
Since 1st Jan, no sweet treats, and no alcohol.
Start weight 13 stone 7lbs
Now 13 stone 4lbs
Takes bloody time time doesn’t it. I want to get down to 12 stone 7lbs …. But losing patience.
Apologies for spamming, but need something to keep me going, so update here: 13 stone 1lb now, haway the weight loss. 6lb off.

Last edited:
6 pounds down so far this year which is pretty good considering I had a couple of naughty weekends. Tend to lose 3-4 pounds during the week where I'm trying to be as low carb as sensibly possible without being stupid about it and then put 2 on over the weekend. At least the trend is downward and having an occasional weekend blowout helps to keep things sustainable long time.

I've got a long weekend in Portugal at the end of the month which I expect to be very naughty so it would be good to lose another 6 pounds before then.

Apologies for spamming, but need something to keep me going, so update here: 13 stone 1lb now, haway the weight loss. 6lb off.
After a run yesterday, so probably dehydrated, it’s the first time I’d seen the number 12 stone on the scales in 4 years. 12 stone 13 3/4 🤣 . Come on .

To others in the group, haway, let’s get this done this time.

Last edited:
Failed last year big time, couple of reasons for this I guess, between lack of money and my mental health issues, but if first we dont succeed try again.

So starting again from tomorrow, will do the whole measurements and weight thing tonight and will try and keep updated every Sunday night, at least this time the rest of the family are on board, so I am hoping easier this time around.

Failed last year big time, couple of reasons for this I guess, between lack of money and my mental health issues, but if first we dont succeed try again.

So starting again from tomorrow, will do the whole measurements and weight thing tonight and will try and keep updated every Sunday night, at least this time the rest of the family are on board, so I am hoping easier this time around.

It's important not to obsess about weighing yourself every day as levels of hydration can make a couple of pounds difference. Once or twice a week is enough. Support from friends and family it also important. No use being good yourself if others keep putting cake in front of you.

I've been feeling the most motivated I have in a year, but I've been either ill with some type of respiratory virus, or injured with a torn calf for all but a couple of days since boxing day. I'm trying to keep motivated. I was just about to go to the gym again and do light leg weights and work on upper body, but now I'm laid up ill again.

The best I can do is calorie counting at the moment and injury has been a godsend in a way, as it has forced me to reduce my alcohol intake as I've not been able to walk much. I always lose weight when I'm not drinking as i feel nicely satiated before reaching maintenance calories most days.

It's important not to obsess about weighing yourself every day as levels of hydration can make a couple of pounds difference. Once or twice a week is enough. Support from friends and family it also important. No use being good yourself if others keep putting cake in front of you.
I agree, especially for women who menstruate and can get a 4 week average that way.

That said, I do weigh almost daily as I record it on Garmin and prefer the smoother graph lines for monitoring progress. It also helps me maintain other healthy habits as the more I record, the more I'm likely to.

Not been using the scales, but dropped 2 inches from my gut, started at 44 when I posted on this thread, now down to 42.

Its always the same, when I eat a "normal diet" my gut bloats out, soon as I drop the carbs it settles down, mind had a bad weekend, was feeling shite so had beer and comfort food.

Another 6 inches to go, hoping to get this done this year. Also need to get fit, which is the most important thing for me.

Done a before and after side by side photo from 6 months ago to now, quite a buff difference, it’s given me a boost that what I’m doing is working, sometimes it feels like progress is too slow but I can see a decent change in that time.

Done a before and after side by side photo from 6 months ago to now, quite a buff difference, it’s given me a boost that what I’m doing is working, sometimes it feels like progress is too slow but I can see a decent change in that time.
My progress is so slow now, almost nothing to half a pound a week

Starting a diet today.

Weighed in at 217lbs.

Goal weight is 161lbs, might be higher if I put on some muscle, but I don't have much right now, mainly just fat to be honest.

I've got 2 dates I want to lose weight for...Tenerife in May, and then a Hot-Tub lodge trip with some friends in September.

If I can hit 2lb a week, I'll hit my goal for the lodge in September, which I'd be over the moon about.

I've used My Fitness Pal in the past and had success, so I'll be using that again, as well as hitting the gym 2 or 3 times a week.

Wish me luck!

Hoping to start a more healthy eating plan from next week to shift some beef, the plan is no drinking during the week and then only in moderation apart from match day. 1 takeaway on a weekend instead of the usual 2 or 3.
I'm guessing I have far too many carbohydrates at the minute, almost every meal has potato of some form or pasta, and the amount of bread I get through is ridiculous.
So I'm looking at cutting right back on carbs, no bread no potato, concentrate on veg, chicken, salmon and such like.
1 thing I'm stuck on is breakfast cereal, I assumed cereal was low carb but seems that may not be the case, usually I would have all bran or bran flakes.
Any recommendations for a low carb cereal ?

Hoping to start a more healthy eating plan from next week to shift some beef, the plan is no drinking during the week and then only in moderation apart from match day. 1 takeaway on a weekend instead of the usual 2 or 3.
I'm guessing I have far too many carbohydrates at the minute, almost every meal has potato of some form or pasta, and the amount of bread I get through is ridiculous.
So I'm looking at cutting right back on carbs, no bread no potato, concentrate on veg, chicken, salmon and such like.
1 thing I'm stuck on is breakfast cereal, I assumed cereal was low carb but seems that may not be the case, usually I would have all bran or bran flakes.
Any recommendations for a low carb cereal ?
Why don't you change your breakfast?

Back