Weight loss thread 2023

Chia seeds weren't in the list I looked at mind.
Definitely it seems physically impossible.

Then fibre one bars have 5 grams in. Protein shake I use has 7 per shake. Apples have a bit but struggling after that
They're about 1 third fibre by weight, so if your after 40 grams of fibre you need 120 grams of chia seeds.
They're about 1 third fibre by weight, so if your after 40 grams of fibre you need 120 grams of chia seeds.
About 600 calories as well mind.

Last edited:

Hard work this fiber carry on like

Just get your veg in you as well and you’re good to go, while the others are saying how many calories in chia seeds, the offputting thing for me to pile them on my breakfast is the price, a bag lasts me a few weeks. If you’re hitting 20-25g daily I’d say it’s a win. Wouldn’t worry about it too much 😂

I don’t know what to make of this situation atm like.

My weight isn’t changing but clothes are quite clearly fitting me a lot better than they were a few weeks/ months ago

I know they say when strength ( in a fashion) training don’t focus so much on scales but appearance etc but it’s demoralising as fuck when the scales hardly move haha

I don’t know what to make of this situation atm like.

My weight isn’t changing but clothes are quite clearly fitting me a lot better than they were a few weeks/ months ago

I know they say when strength ( in a fashion) training don’t focus so much on scales but appearance etc but it’s demoralising as fuck when the scales hardly move haha
Remember muscle weighs more than fat but takes up less space.

Remember muscle weighs more than fat but takes up less space.
That’s what I’ll keep telling myself mate 😂😂

I just think you feel better about it when you see the scales moving like but there’s definitely changes in the way I look and the way things fit etc.

I’ll keep at it haha

That’s what I’ll keep telling myself mate 😂😂

I just think you feel better about it when you see the scales moving like but there’s definitely changes in the way I look and the way things fit etc.

I’ll keep at it haha
Do you feel and look better?

It’s demoralising like when you’ve trained hard all week and the scales don’t reflect but there’s so many other factors like which impact it but nevermind 😂
Mate honestly ive been in a calorie deficit, training every day for 5 weeks, lost 21lb, absolutely smashing thinking this is great, caved on Saturday and got a kfc, woke up the next day 6lb higher, absolutely demoralising but went straight back at it and was only 1lb up the day after, our bodies are a weird thing like. Loads of thing can effect what we weigh so dont take it too badly, get back on the horse mate.

Started my weight loss about 6 weeks ago and lost 13lb so far. Just mainly cutting out crap so far as I have a massive sweet tooth and comfort eat when stressed. Decided to just cut them out completely. Feeling good with my progress and haven't had any urges. Currently 216, hoping to hit 185. Starting this a couple of months before Christmas likely not the best idea. Just need to work more fitness into.it.

Started my weight loss about 6 weeks ago and lost 13lb so far. Just mainly cutting out crap so far as I have a massive sweet tooth and comfort eat when stressed. Decided to just cut them out completely. Feeling good with my progress and haven't had any urges. Currently 216, hoping to hit 185. Starting this a couple of months before Christmas likely not the best idea. Just need to work more fitness into.it.
Well done mate. Don't stress too much about Christmas. Give yourself a bit leeway.

I've decided to start again this week as i'd had let it slip for a few months and put on a few pounds. The big thing for me is trying to stop the unnecessary snacking. My meals generally aren't too bad, but i eat so much shit in between. If i can cut them and aim to do 2/3 5k runs each week i'll start to see some improvement. I've got my brother in laws wedding in April next year - the target is to lose 2 stone in time for that.

Managed a 5k on tuesday night. Normally my first one back is a real struggle, but this wasn't too bad. So hopefully that's a sign that my fitness hasn't declined as much as i thought.

I've decided to start again this week as i'd had let it slip for a few months and put on a few pounds. The big thing for me is trying to stop the unnecessary snacking. My meals generally aren't too bad, but i eat so much shit in between. If i can cut them and aim to do 2/3 5k runs each week i'll start to see some improvement. I've got my brother in laws wedding in April next year - the target is to lose 2 stone in time for that.

Managed a 5k on tuesday night. Normally my first one back is a real struggle, but this wasn't too bad. So hopefully that's a sign that my fitness hasn't declined as much as i thought.
Stopping the snacking for me, in particular sugar based snacks has been massive for me.

Really let things slip over the last couple of months following being away on holiday in October so I'll probably finish the year about where I started after a good first 6 months.

Also just had my annual pre-diabetes blood test. HbA1c is a little up on last year so need to start afresh in the new year.

I decided to join a gym while lying in bed in New Year's Day this year. I was weighing around 15st at the time. A type of skinny fat but carrying far too much of it especially around my waist.

Since joining I've been doing spinning classes, plus half an hour on the rowing machine while occasionally using the cross trainers 4 times/week and I've gradually lost 3st over the course of the year.

I also started using hello fresh which got me cooking every meal from scratch as I was often eating stuff like pizzas far too often.

Clothes fit me well again and I feel so much better for it.

Must admit that there were several times throughout the year where it felt like progress was incredibly slow, and at times completely static, but perseverance was the key. I'm really pleased though that I kept at it.

Might start to introduce some weights in the new year although I've never really had a clue where to start with them.

I decided to join a gym while lying in bed in New Year's Day this year. I was weighing around 15st at the time. A type of skinny fat but carrying far too much of it especially around my waist.

Since joining I've been doing spinning classes, plus half an hour on the rowing machine while occasionally using the cross trainers 4 times/week and I've gradually lost 3st over the course of the year.

I also started using hello fresh which got me cooking every meal from scratch as I was often eating stuff like pizzas far too often.

Clothes fit me well again and I feel so much better for it.

Must admit that there were several times throughout the year where it felt like progress was incredibly slow, and at times completely static, but perseverance was the key. I'm really pleased though that I kept at it.

Might start to introduce some weights in the new year although I've never really had a clue where to start with them.
Well done mate. Staying consistent is very hard to do but is key to keeping the weight off longterm. I'm pretty good at getting the weight off but always fall back into bad habits. I'll try again next year. :lol:

Back