Weight loss thread 2023

I've not been able to exercise as much as i'd like, so i've decided to focus a lot more on improving my diet. My main issue is the amount of bread i have and also constant snacking. So this week i've not had bread and have only ate at mealtimes. I've not bothered to weigh myself yet, i'm just trying to focus on improving my eating habits and then taking it from there.

I’ve probably been the most committed & determined as I’ve ever been at the minute.

The combination of having some free time to get some long cycles in, doing the NC500 earlier this month, cutting out alcohol & not picking at “healthy” snacks has seen me get into the 14s today for the first time since I was at school (I left in 2012).

Weighing myself and seeing myself at 16st 11 was a wake up call. 14st 13 today.

Any fitness coaches or out post on this thread? Or anyone who knows what they’re talking about haha

I’m currently eating anywhere between sort of 220/250 grams of protein a day and around 2500/2700 calories a day

When trying to lose timber is it better to drop the amount of protein you are consuming or are high protein diets better?

Any fitness coaches or out post on this thread? Or anyone who knows what they’re talking about haha

I’m currently eating anywhere between sort of 220/250 grams of protein a day and around 2500/2700 calories a day

When trying to lose timber is it better to drop the amount of protein you are consuming or are high protein diets better?
Sounds like your consuming a lot of protein. Do you do a lot of training?

How much protein do I need? Most adults need around 0.75g of protein per kilo of body weight per day (for the average woman, this is 45g, or 55g for men).

If you want to drop weight, cut the calories.

Sounds like your consuming a lot of protein. Do you do a lot of training?

How much protein do I need? Most adults need around 0.75g of protein per kilo of body weight per day (for the average woman, this is 45g, or 55g for men).

If you want to drop weight, cut the calories.
Yeah a lot tbf. 5/6 days a week most weeks. Never less than 4 days.

I’m going to try cutting down to about 2100/200 a day and decreasing protein intake to see if that makes a difference

I’m going to try cutting down to about 2100/200 a day and decreasing protein intake to see if that makes a difference
Cutting your calories by 20% doesn't sound ideal. I'm not a nutritionist but I like to think I've got a good understanding. I'd maybe slowly drop your calories. Maybe 100-150 a week and build up to the target. What weight are you and what's your target? Do you train for a goal or just to be healthy?

I'm at the doctors in the morning. I was diagnosed with diabetes a month ago type 2. Nurse said I need to lose 2 stone. I've changed my diet and I've noticed a difference already. It's really give me the incentive to live better
Well done. If only people realised it sooner. I started feeling the effects of poor diet and low activity and it started to show up in tests and stuff, high chlosresterol, dodgy bloods, made that change too but wish I’d done it earlier.

I keep bouncing off 200lbs, 20lbs lighter than I was and I’m in much better physical shape, but finding it hard to drop that next 10lb.

Had a terrible year last year with my back and piled weight on, comfort eating and not exercising.
This year 24lbs down, back is still knackered and can’t do any impact exercises or even walk for long. Bought a sit down stepper and cut out the crap and steadily losing a pound a week.
Can feel a bit improvement in my back with the weight loss but just want to be able to go for a walk, get on my bike and get back to where i was four year ago.

Well done. If only people realised it sooner. I started feeling the effects of poor diet and low activity and it started to show up in tests and stuff, high chlosresterol, dodgy bloods, made that change too but wish I’d done it earlier.

I keep bouncing off 200lbs, 20lbs lighter than I was and I’m in much better physical shape, but finding it hard to drop that next 10lb.
Cheers Joe. Aye it was exactly what i needed , a hard slap of reality. Although it was bad news I've tried to turn it into something positive going forward. I know a few people that are diabetic who think all they have to do is take the tablets and they'll be fine. Made no effort to change their lifestyle whatsoever. I don't understand that mentality at all

Depends on your body weight for grams of protein a day. Essentially you’ll want a higher protein/fibre diet, hitting these two is massive.

Richie Howey is the man on this, he’s the fat loss guru. Think he’s called @supersesh on here.

Honestly I’d just sign up to his programme, it’s only about 7 quid a month and he’s helped thousands of people lose fat.

Do not do this. If you’re smashing the gym 5/6 days a week you’ll want higher calories otherwise you’ll be craving your tits off in no time, being in a sensible calorie deficit is half the battle. Otherwise you’ll be crying out for food in no time.
Work out your TDEE, eat 500/1000 cals under this, track everything you put in your mouth, weigh yourself every morning. Hit protein and fibre goals consistently for 21 days and go from there.

Last edited:
I bought some scales today as my other ones were crap and were old. About a month ago I decided that if I don't buy it, I can't eat it and also make porridge every morning and snack on apples and nuts. That coupled with a 6 mile walk everyday has made me notice today that I've lost a stone. I'm well happy with that 😃😃

Late to the party and ice tried and failed many times to get into shape and I'm starting again today. Aiming to exercise 5 times a week and cut my alcohol intake down alot as that is getting out of control Combination of running and boxing based exercise.

Starting weight - 13st 4lbs.

First target is just to get under 13 stone. Hopefully by the end of July.

Late to the party and ice tried and failed many times to get into shape and I'm starting again today. Aiming to exercise 5 times a week and cut my alcohol intake down alot as that is getting out of control Combination of running and boxing based exercise.

Starting weight - 13st 4lbs.

First target is just to get under 13 stone. Hopefully by the end of July.
Skinny fucker.

Losing weight at the moment, but it’s making my kite more pronounced as the fat isn’t going from there just yet

Might give up and get back on the lager beers and XXXL pizza

start weight 16st 2 now 15st 7 after about 4 weeks using the nutracheck app which is excellent.. knows nearly everything there is you can eat.. to count the calories 1500 a day.. want to be about 11 stone.. hardest bit for me is between 7 and 11 in the evening im a propa chocka holic and a snacker..so theres none in the house cause i cant resist if its there.. doing some excercise bike as well not intense just light.. target is 2lb a week so far so good..

Back