Weight loss thread 2022

I seem to be on a kind of 5:2 diet right now - do really well during the week, salads at work, healthy meal in the evening and no booze - then back to normal at the weekends. The overall the trend is downwards but each weekend I put on half of what I had lost during the week.

Still hopeful of hitting my 6 month target of 25 lbs lost. Just need to have a few well behaved weekends.
exactly what I do, life is for living, not eating salads 24/7

I've have a slack 2 weeks or so with it being Easter. Never really tracked my food and never weighed myself. Thankfully still been able to get out running and even on the days I don't I tend to hit my step target of 11k. Got back on the scales yesterday to find I'd put on about half a pound which I was obviously over the moon we with. If I can maintain between 14st 1lb and 14st 4lb going forward I'll be happy. Our lass won't be away with work very much if all going forward which will help massively as no matter how much I tried I just couldn't keep on track when she was away.

Back on track after a wobble over Easter. Now at my lowest weight in 4 years. Next weekend could get messy so trying to have a healthy week in advance.

Off on holiday in July so the aim is to lose another 8-10 pounds by then.

Back on track after a wobble over Easter. Now at my lowest weight in 4 years. Next weekend could get messy so trying to have a healthy week in advance.

Off on holiday in July so the aim is to lose another 8-10 pounds by then.
Although I’m at my lowest weight in 25 years I’m really struggling
got down to 16st 10lb three years ago I’m finding it difficult I’m 17st 4 lb
we still try to walk 4 ish miles 3 to 4 times a week we just do our best
Struggling still trying to walk a few times a week 3/4 miles
Into the fouth year
Since I lost 35 pounds
Put on 7 pounds it’s getting difficult again
Bump

Last edited:
Although I’m at my lowest weight in 25 years I’m really struggling
got down to 16st 10lb three years ago I’m finding it difficult I’m 17st 4 lb
we still try to walk 4 ish miles 3 to 4 times a week we just do our best

Bump
What you actually struggling with

Keeping a sensible life style we are managing to a degree
however we do like our occasional days out and meals
we do our best
I too have my occasional days and do like the odd dine out. My life is structured around wellbeing nutrition and training. Discipline is what it takes 💯

Weighed myself this morning and i am about 16st 7. Heaviest I have been in my life like.

Getting down the gym tonight and getting the fitness pal on the go. To put this in perspective I was around 14.5 - 15st when COVID hit. A lot of drinking in the garden around that time through boredom and eating shite.

Goal is to be back down to 15st in 2-3 months. The booze is my main vice, especially in the week.

Weighed myself this morning and i am about 16st 7. Heaviest I have been in my life like.

Getting down the gym tonight and getting the fitness pal on the go. To put this in perspective I was around 14.5 - 15st when COVID hit. A lot of drinking in the garden around that time through boredom and eating shite.

Goal is to be back down to 15st in 2-3 months. The booze is my main vice, especially in the week.
That's a lot to lose in a short space of time. Take it easy and don't do anything drastic

Thanks marra. I won’t do anything drastic, just plenty of gym work and less food and drink going in my gob. Managed to get a good 4K done last night and a few weights. Already feeling a lot better
Its amazing what just one day of healthy eating and a session down the gym can make you feel like. I feel in a better mental space with just that like.

Last edited:
3.5 pounds lost in May. Not great but not too bad considering the massive bender in London.

If I can lose another 5 pounds in June ahead of my July hols then it will be a good achievement for the first half of the year.

Weighed myself on 16th May and was 16st 7lbs - as above

Been calorie counting since, hitting the gym 3-4 times a week and feel great. Weighed myself this morning and 15st 7lbs (ish).....Delighted with that.

Still allowing myself a few cans of a weekend aswell........If i can lose another 2 stone by Xmas I will be delighted.

Last edited:
Weighed myself on 16th May and was 16st 7lbs - as above

Been calorie counting since, hitting the gym 3-4 times a week and feel great. Weighed myself this morning and 15st 7lbs (ish).....Delighted with that.

Still allowing myself a few cans of a weekend aswell........If i can lose another 2 stone by Xmas I will be delighted.
I think it’s important to allow yourself stuff like that, a takeaway or whatever now and then. Makes it easier to carry on.

Just checked my fitness pal and was 226lbs this time last year when the gyms opened again. Got down to 198lbs end of may but back up to 203 after a holiday.

Finding it really hard to switch back to being strict after eating and drinking my face off for a week on holiday.

Away again in 8 weeks so trying to focus on that as a target to get back to around 198-196. Seem happy at that weight

been back a few weeks now from a cruise
I put weight on 17st13lb
been for a few walks and kept of the stodgy and drank very little
now 17st 4 lb
still work to do but we just keep trying to walk and watch our diet

Its so flippin tricky, feeling hungry, not fancying the fruit to snack on, and there's some crumpets, butter and jam waving at me that the bairns left out on the bench. I've got a stone and a half to lose ...... Its a struggle, serves me right for greedy gutsing it up to fat lad level.

Its so flippin tricky, feeling hungry, not fancying the fruit to snack on, and there's some crumpets, butter and jam waving at me that the bairns left out on the bench. I've got a stone and a half to lose ...... Its a struggle, serves me right for greedy gutsing it up to fat lad level.
If you're struggling, you need to be more strict. Easier said than done. How bad do you want to lose weight?

If you're struggling, you need to be more strict. Easier said than done. How bad do you want to lose weight?
How bad do I want to lose it? I’m not sure how to measure that, but I’m reasonably motivated at the moment.
I just lack the education to do so sometimes. Yesterday for my work packed lunch I took a ham and pease pudding sandwich in wholemeal bread, and bought some soup to go with it at work. in my head it’sa good decision, but is it actually?

Back