Weight loss thread 2022

I'd have be more vigilant about what I put in if that's the case. At the moment, I'd have to do a significant more cardio to burn what I put in!
Well, not loads, but a bit more. I suppose the weight machines help in that regard as they build muscle. I'm looking to shift the fat than lose weight I suppose.

To give you an idea, according to my Garmin my estimated calories burned at my last marathon was 2632. Weight management is primarily done in the kitchen, not the gym.

That sounds amazing mate. How realistic is this headset thing? I have no concept of it....🤣
It's surprisingly good given it's just stitched together images from Google Street View. It works best when you're out on an open road in the countryside. It's a bit rubbish in towns and cities though. But it's full 360 degree view and it moves relatively smoothly. You can get a Quest 2 headset for about 300 quid just now, loads of great apps for it. There's a great golf game on it called Golf+, really immersive. I'm a sucker for VR stuff though, always have been.

Packing back on weight now , broke my collarbone so even cooking a proper meal is a pain . Stuck around the house most of the day picking at food out of boredom .

Significant milestone this morning. 20 lbs lost for the year so far and halfway to where I want to be by the summer.

I'll be back in the NE next weekend which means a couple of days of my mam's stodge cooking so I'm planning a very strict week in advance. Knowing her she will notice I've lost weight so make me even more chips.

Significant milestone this morning. 20 lbs lost for the year so far and halfway to where I want to be by the summer.

I'll be back in the NE next weekend which means a couple of days of my mam's stodge cooking so I'm planning a very strict week in advance. Knowing her she will notice I've lost weight so make me even more chips.

That's a very good effort mate. Would love to lose that much off me but i'm stuck in the 'lose 1 pound a week' phase. Clothes fit looser and muscle is alot better though, just hate feeling heavy.

That's a very good effort mate. Would love to lose that much off me but i'm stuck in the 'lose 1 pound a week' phase. Clothes fit looser and muscle is alot better though, just hate feeling heavy.

1 pound a week is still a good long term average - it's 3.5 stone over a whole year!

Rather than 1lb per week, think of things as a % of body weight instead. 0.5-1% is a good general recommendation.

Got the all clear from the hospital today for my broken collarbone . Might actually join the gym . Lost weight since iv been off but fairly sure plenty of that is muscle . 11 stone 2 this morning on the scales which is a stone down from Christmas.

I wish I was 11 stone 2.
Still plenty fat on me from not being able to do anything for the last 6 and a half or 7 weeks . My left arm (bad hand) is much stronger now than my right from trying to do jobs on the farm with one hand. That's why I'd join the gym want to get my strength back a soon as possible but no way could I do push ups yet with the shoulder as still a bit sore .

Hope you have a quick recovery .

Bit the bullet and joined the gym today . Only spent an hour there , was enough . Why people spend all day there and spend most of it walking around doing fuck all I will never understand .
Cheers. Only started having a sore throat today but the test came back positive straight away.

We spend no more than an hour at the gym now. 10-15 minute warm up then work 4 muscle groups then home. Anything else is wasted time like you say.

Cheers. Only started having a sore throat today but the test came back positive straight away.

We spend no more than an hour at the gym now. 10-15 minute warm up then work 4 muscle groups then home. Anything else is wasted time like you say.
That's my plan in and out . If I want to hang around il go to the sauna or steam room not walking around the place doing fuck all only looking at themselves in the mirror. If I had to spend hours there il have given up by next week .

Fell off the health wagon over the weekend so feel a bit bloated this morning but I think the occasional indulgence can be good for you as long as you get back on track again rather than just give up.

Bit of a nightmare couple of months, not making excuses ( well I am lol ) covid, family illness and money issues lead to a lot of stress and worry which ended up going back to some bad habits, drinking and lazy eating. Put on all my lost weight plus some interest, got to 230lbs!

So last couple of weeks its been to try and get back on track, stuck in the house, boredom has been a problem, when bored I tend to want to eat.

checked this morning and down to 217.5lbs, it seems the binge eating dropped off quite quickly again, i think when I eat carbs I tend to hold a lot of water, I think its wheat that my body doesn't like. I refrained from posting earlier as was a bit embarrassed at how bad my slip up was, but reading this thread got me to get back on track.

think it was 225lbs ish when I first posted on here and my 6 month goal was to get to 200lbs, going to miss that, so my new goal is t try and hit 180lbs by Dec 31st. 8 months to drop 37lbs, a little more than 1 lbs a week, a touch high but as they say aim for the stars! lets just hope for no more hiccups.

I seem to be on a kind of 5:2 diet right now - do really well during the week, salads at work, healthy meal in the evening and no booze - then back to normal at the weekends. The overall the trend is downwards but each weekend I put on half of what I had lost during the week.

Still hopeful of hitting my 6 month target of 25 lbs lost. Just need to have a few well behaved weekends.

Back