Weight loss thread 2022

How bad do I want to lose it? I’m not sure how to measure that, but I’m reasonably motivated at the moment.
I just lack the education to do so sometimes. Yesterday for my work packed lunch I took a ham and pease pudding sandwich in wholemeal bread, and bought some soup to go with it at work. in my head it’sa good decision, but is it actually?
I find cutting out bread for me helped me drop weight. It's basically calories in vs calories out. Are you in a deficit?

How bad do I want to lose it? I’m not sure how to measure that, but I’m reasonably motivated at the moment.
I just lack the education to do so sometimes. Yesterday for my work packed lunch I took a ham and pease pudding sandwich in wholemeal bread, and bought some soup to go with it at work. in my head it’sa good decision, but is it actually?
Do you track your calories?

No, I don’t currently track calories. I k just try to cut out all the rubbish from my diet.

Same here. Calorie counting is fairly easy if you live off processed and pre-packaged food but can be a pain if you are cooking fresh as you need to weigh and track every ingredient.

I just missed my end of June target by a couple of pounds but still lost 24 pounds in the first half of the year. If I can repeat that by Christmas then I will be very happy

Same here. Calorie counting is fairly easy if you live off processed and pre-packaged food but can be a pain if you are cooking fresh as you need to weigh and track every ingredient.

I just missed my end of June target by a couple of pounds but still lost 24 pounds in the first half of the year. If I can repeat that by Christmas then I will be very happy
Well done mate, this post just gave me a fresh kick to stay on the straight and narrow, let's keep it going. I've got a holiday in 5 weeks, half a stone off by then would be a huge achievement for me.
While I know tracking calories is a ball ache what is surprising is how high in calories some healthy foods are so you do have to be careful to have everything in moderation.
Thanks, I might try and loosley do it .

Well done mate, this post just gave me a fresh kick to stay on the straight and narrow, let's keep it going. I've got a holiday in 5 weeks, half a stone off by then would be a huge achievement for me.

I'm on holiday now so the healthy eating and moderate drinking is on hold for 2 weeks. It will be interesting to see how much I've put on when I get back but a post-holiday detox should clear it.

Ive followed this thread for a while, I havent made a major attempt to lose weight, but I have changed my lifestyle to a better one, and since February I've found it fairly painless. Ive slowly, but steadily lost weight by having a better diet, cutting back on beer and getting back into running and distance walking.

Problem is. Ive kind of hit a bit of a wall. Im a little above where I'd like to be, but I really would struggle to dedicate much more time to exercise, and the diet has been cut back to the point where I really am struggling to see what else I can do. It feels like my body has said "fuck this" and no longer wishes to lose anything after months of slow and steady weight loss

Now Im not unhappy at this weight. Im proud of myself and I feel great, but to get so close to where I want to be and to be stuck is annoying me no end.

Should I be thinking about reducing portion sizes? Perhaps thinking about dedicating my exercise time to something other than running/walking? ive seen on other forums that changing exercise regime might be useful

Last edited:
Ive followed this thread for a while, I havent made a major attempt to lose weight, but I have changed my lifestyle to a better one, and since February I've found it fairly painless. Ive slowly, but steadily lost weight by having a better diet, cutting back on beer and getting back into running and distance walking.

Problem is. Ive kind of hit a bit of a wall. Im a little above where I'd like to be, but I really would struggle to dedicate much more time to exercise, and the diet has been cut back to the point where I really am struggling to see what else I can do. It feels like my body has said "fuck this" and no longer wishes to lose anything after months of slow and steady weight loss

Now Im not unhappy at this weight. Im proud of myself and I feel great, but to get so close to where I want to be and to be stuck is annoying me no end.

Should I be thinking about reducing portion sizes? Perhaps thinking about dedicating my exercise time to something other than running/walking? ive seen on other forums that changing exercise regime might be useful
Add in some resistance training. Are you calorie counting?

Add in some resistance training. Are you calorie counting?

I'm not counting every calorie. I did initially. But now I'm sticking to the diet that has worked well and I've not really deviated from it.

The big thing I've noticed is the weight has hit a limit. But also for a long while my running was steadily improving. Gradually in an hour on a treadmill, I was running further and further. It feels like that's reached its limit.

My outdoor run was getting quicker. That'd levelled off as well

My wife jokes I've reached "peak physical fitness" but truth is I'm still above target. I'm at a much more healthy weight. But I can't seem to reach that last stretch.

If this is it, and I maintain where I am, I'm over the moon. I'll be proud of what I've done. But it's tearing me to pieces not quite hitting that goal!

I'm not counting every calorie. I did initially. But now I'm sticking to the diet that has worked well and I've not really deviated from it.

The big thing I've noticed is the weight has hit a limit. But also for a long while my running was steadily improving. Gradually in an hour on a treadmill, I was running further and further. It feels like that's reached its limit.

My outdoor run was getting quicker. That'd levelled off as well

My wife jokes I've reached "peak physical fitness" but truth is I'm still above target. I'm at a much more healthy weight. But I can't seem to reach that last stretch.

If this is it, and I maintain where I am, I'm over the moon. I'll be proud of what I've done. But it's tearing me to pieces not quite hitting that goal!
I find when I train to run marathons, I don't lose weight but I tone. If you want to lose weight you'll have to drop calories.

If you want to improve your running, check out the running thread.

Weighed myself this morning and i am about 16st 7. Heaviest I have been in my life like.

Getting down the gym tonight and getting the fitness pal on the go. To put this in perspective I was around 14.5 - 15st when COVID hit. A lot of drinking in the garden around that time through boredom and eating shite.

Goal is to be back down to 15st in 2-3 months. The booze is my main vice, especially in the week.
Had a little weigh in this morning. Down to 15 stone 3. Very happy with that like. Been slow progress last couple of weeks as had a few social things going on. Cant wait to get into the 14 stone bracket. Goal is 13 stone eventually.

You’ll lose it in less than a fortnight. It’s just additional water weight. I lost 10 lbs the fortnight after I came back off holiday.

Yes, the was certainly a lot of water in all of that beer and wine consumed. Going back to low carb and no alcohol on school nights should get me back on track.

On the good side, I was doing an average of 20,000 steps a day while I was away which would have offset some of the weight gain.

Had a little weigh in this morning. Down to 15 stone 3. Very happy with that like. Been slow progress last couple of weeks as had a few social things going on. Cant wait to get into the 14 stone bracket. Goal is 13 stone eventually.
14 st 11 this morning. Not bad considering Ive had a weeks holiday and not been to the gym for a couple of weeks.

34lbs off since the start of June:)

Back