Weight loss thread 2022

Late to the party. Just moved back to UK and want to lose 20kgs. Will cut right back on the booze and joined a gym so I‘ll see how it goes.
Tracking calories on my fitness pal as well.

Peaked at 220lbs, currently around 208lbs, trying to get down to about 200lbs but not that arsed as long as I can reduce body fat percentage. Feeling stronger than I have for a while.
I'm really struggling. I was quite a heavy bloke seriously overweight, couldn't run half a mile. I'd lost 18lbs.. Was hitting the gym regularly, started hitting the 2 mile mark running on the treadmill, then I suffered a foot injury playing football with my boy and I started eating so much crap that I've piled all the weight back on.

Is there any advice on how to stop the cravings of eating chocolate, crisps etc, as my confidence is back to an all time low. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Whatever you do needs to be sustainable. Don’t try and cut everything out as there is absolutely no need and your chances of failure are massive if the chances you make are too extreme.

Calorie deficit is the only way to lose weight. As Dan said, protein is key, have a protein shake and a protein bar when you’re hungry. Stop buying biscuits and crisps as if you aren’t there you can’t have them. Cut down on booze, booze makes everything harder, the amount of calories I can consume on an all dayer is unreal and when you calorie count you can build the odd drink in to your daily calorie intake easily. Choose different drinks, instead of pints, slimline tonic or Coke Zero with a single shot spirit is virtually calorie free, compared to over 200 calories in a pint. 8 pints is your entire daily calorie intake.

You need to do about an hours intensive work out to burn the calories from a chocolate bar.

Last edited:
Peaked at 220lbs, currently around 208lbs, trying to get down to about 200lbs but not that arsed as long as I can reduce body fat percentage. Feeling stronger than I have for a while.

Whatever you do needs to be sustainable. Don’t try and cut everything out as there is absolutely no need and your chances of failure are massive if the chances you make are too extreme.

Calorie deficit is the only way to lose weight. As Dan said, protein is key, have a protein shake and a protein bar when you’re hungry. Stop buying biscuits and crisps as if you aren’t there you can’t have them. Cut down on booze, booze makes everything harder, the amount of calories I can consume on an all dayer is unreal and when you calorie count you can build the odd drink in to your daily calorie intake easily. Choose different drinks, instead of pints, slimline tonic or Coke Zero with a single shot spirit is virtually calorie free, compared to over 200 calories in a pint. 8 pints is your entire daily calorie intake.

You need to do about an hours intensive work out to burn the calories from a chocolate bar.

Calorie counting has worked a treat for me in the past. I'm just finding it harder with the snacking this time. I've started cycling to work a couple of days a week. I'm going to focus on snacking far less on an evening now and see how that goes.

As far as booze goes I rarely drink, I'm probably out about 3-4 times a year and don't drink on match days. Just the snacking like I say.

Put on a few pounds as I've had man flu and I always go back to eating comfort food and being lazy when I'm ill.

Going away on holiday in 3 weeks time so need to shift some of the excess by then.

Back doing intermittent fasting it's about the only thing that seems to work for me . Fact iv been working late every evening for the last week has made it easier as iv been away from the house and too busy to be thinking of snaking .

Currently at 93kg and around 24% body fat. Started back at the gym a couple of weeks ago and can already see the fat starting to shift. Haven't done a lot of calorie tracking yet but just cut out all the shit.

Would highly recommend the Workout app that gives you a training plan for each session. Videos of the exercises. You log the weight, reps and sets. It's helped me get over that initial hump of "what do I need to do?"

I'm really struggling. I was quite a heavy bloke seriously overweight, couldn't run half a mile. I'd lost 18lbs.. Was hitting the gym regularly, started hitting the 2 mile mark running on the treadmill, then I suffered a foot injury playing football with my boy and I started eating so much crap that I've piled all the weight back on.

Is there any advice on how to stop the cravings of eating chocolate, crisps etc, as my confidence is back to an all time low. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Dont have them in the house would be my advise, I'm someone that craves crunchy stuff all the time and can bang through a pack of oatcakes or any sort of crisp bake savory biscuits, if they not there and you have to go out and get them tends to stop the consumption if not the craving.

Dont have them in the house would be my advise, I'm someone that craves crunchy stuff all the time and can bang through a pack of oatcakes or any sort of crisp bake savory biscuits, if they not there and you have to go out and get them tends to stop the consumption if not the craving.

Aye I agree if they aren't there you can't eat them. It's the othe half's fault. She keeps buying them

My diet has been shite this year. Currently 230lbs, I want to be 215lb before the end of the year. Going to cut back on alcohol and junk food and kets.

I’m upto 210lbs. Want to get down to around 180lbs which I was a few years back(before covid and becoming a dad).

Been looking at doing 16/8 fasting. I’m exercising around 3-4 times a week but my diet has been shite.

I’m upto 210lbs. Want to get down to around 180lbs which I was a few years back(before covid and becoming a dad).

Been looking at doing 16/8 fasting. I’m exercising around 3-4 times a week but my diet has been shite.
Diet is key like. You can do all the exercise in the world but if you're still consuming more calories than you're burning you will continue to put weight on.

For me, I cook with far too much oil. Just using one cal spray instead of olive oil makes a massive difference to my weight. Almost 9000 calories in a litre of olive oil. 900cal per 100ml.

Just bit the bullet and finally signed up to MAN v FAT football. Cant wait.

I just cant keep up a gym routine but I have and always do enjoy a kick around. Seems Like a good scheme.

Anybody have any experience of it?

Had to run off the treadmill after 4k today as nearly shat myself

Not even been boozing this week!

Still, I probably lost more from the shite than I did from the running…

I think I'm going to declare 2022 officially over as the next 2 weeks are just going to be a mess.

Overall I've lost 20 pounds this year, though the lowest I got was 25 pounds down in early November. The crappy weather lately has cut down on the exercise and during winter stodgy foods are more attractive than salads.

Pretty happy with that progress. Just need to keep it going next year.

Back