Weight Loss Thread 2021

Not been losing any weight. I've had a big race a couple of weeks ago, now that's over, I'm not constantly eating. I looked in the mirror yesterday after swimming and I was shocked, I need to sort my shit out. Even thought I got a good time in the race, I want to go faster so I really need to put some effort in.

Not been losing any weight. I've had a big race a couple of weeks ago, now that's over, I'm not constantly eating. I looked in the mirror yesterday after swimming and I was shocked, I need to sort my shit out. Even thought I got a good time in the race, I want to go faster so I really need to put some effort in.
As long as you don't like football you should be ok. Football and booze seem to go hand in hand and booze is just empty calories.

Good luck!

I've recently had an Invisalign brace fitted to straighten my teeth and have noticed the weight coming off much faster. This will be down to the fact I don't have little mini snacks throughout the day that I don't account for in my calories - it's a bit of a faff taking out the braces to eat. Quite an expensive way of losing weight like...

I'm taking the plunge and getting the process started next week, not so much fussed on my the appearance of my teeth but due to the overcrowding they're giving me quite a lot of aches and pains. Always looked after my teeth, never had a filling or a tooth out so thought now is the time to get them sorted. Taken a new credit card out to cover the cost, do you have any advice or tips to help please? Roughly how long did you have them in for and did you opt for a back brace or a retainer after the treatment had finished please. I don't like the idea of a permanent back brace like but glad I can get one sorted without having to have any teeth out.

June has been my worst month of the year for weight loss - two weekends with family and more beer drinking because of the football. I'm going to miss by end of June target by a few pounds but still over a stone lost since 1 Jan. Let's see if I can do the same, or better, in the second half of the year
Mate try getting periods every month... as long as the there is a downwards trend it's all good.
Don't be disheartened x

I'm taking the plunge and getting the process started next week, not so much fussed on my the appearance of my teeth but due to the overcrowding they're giving me quite a lot of aches and pains. Always looked after my teeth, never had a filling or a tooth out so thought now is the time to get them sorted. Taken a new credit card out to cover the cost, do you have any advice or tips to help please? Roughly how long did you have them in for and did you opt for a back brace or a retainer after the treatment had finished please. I don't like the idea of a permanent back brace like but glad I can get one sorted without having to have any teeth out.
I'm on 19 of 19 Invisalign's, so on my last one. I'll be getting a retainer once the treatment is finished. I've still got a couple of more appointments, which I assume are for the retainer, teeth cleaning + whitening. I'm kinda used to them now, so it'll be weird without them in! Found the whole process pretty straightforward really and I'm very happy with my now straight teeth, so glad I started it.

I'm on 19 of 19 Invisalign's, so on my last one. I'll be getting a retainer once the treatment is finished. I've still got a couple of more appointments, which I assume are for the retainer, teeth cleaning + whitening. I'm kinda used to them now, so it'll be weird without them in! Found the whole process pretty straightforward really and I'm very happy with my now straight teeth, so glad I started it.
Nice one I'm looking forward to getting mine sorted next week. Roughly how long have you been doing them for? Presumably once you've finished the retainer is only for use when you're asleep? Sorry if that was a daft question.

Nice one I'm looking forward to getting mine sorted next week. Roughly how long have you been doing them for? Presumably once you've finished the retainer is only for use when you're asleep? Sorry if that was a daft question.
It's taken 19 weeks so far - you get an Invisalign aligner per week, so I needed 19. People whose teeth don't require much straightening might only need say 7 weeks. That'll all be worked out in your initial consultation though.

Yes, once I've finished with the aligners, I'll just wear a retainer at night, so the teeth don't start moving back to where they may naturally want to go...

It's taken 19 weeks so far - you get an Invisalign aligner per week, so I needed 19. People whose teeth don't require much straightening might only need say 7 weeks. That'll all be worked out in your initial consultation though.

Yes, once I've finished with the aligners, I'll just wear a retainer at night, so the teeth don't start moving back to where they may naturally want to go...
Sounds good to me, the retainer sounds much better than a permanent back brace too...cheers for your help!

Back from a week's holiday. Today's weigh in 11 stone 1 pound 🙄. Trying to get under and stay under 11 stone is becoming trying. No holidays until end of August so I'm really going to go for it.

Good luck everyone. Onwards and downwards. 👍

Back from a week's holiday. Today's weigh in 11 stone 1 pound 🙄. Trying to get under and stay under 11 stone is becoming trying. No holidays until end of August so I'm really going to go for it.

Good luck everyone. Onwards and downwards. 👍

I was also on holiday last week and despite doing around 20,000 steps each day I still managed to put on 5 pounds through a lot of beer and food so currently having a detox week to recover.

Back