Weight Loss Thread 2021

I have but I'm thinking it'll be less of jolt on my (56yr old) joints if I'm a bit lighter.

Same here. I tried C25K but I was too unfit and overloaded to make any progress. Instead I've been trying to get in my 10,000 steps a day. Don''t always do it especially with the weather being crap recently but I'm feeling the benefits. 10,000 steps in one go is quite a lot so I've been mostly splitting it between a walk before starting work and again to clear my head after finishing. I've just got back from 4800 steps around the estate.

I'm within touching distance of losing 20 lbs since I started. The aim was to lose 25lbs before the end of June so it's still possible. I need to lose about 50 lbs in total so that will be the half way mark for the year. The one thing I've learned from previous weight loss attempts is to take it slow with small achievable targets. Crash diets and going fitness crazy never last for long and you always rebound. Sensible eating (with the occasional treat) and keeping active is much more sustainable over the long term.

Same here. I tried C25K but I was too unfit and overloaded to make any progress. Instead I've been trying to get in my 10,000 steps a day. Don''t always do it especially with the weather being crap recently but I'm feeling the benefits. 10,000 steps in one go is quite a lot so I've been mostly splitting it between a walk before starting work and again to clear my head after finishing. I've just got back from 4800 steps around the estate.

I'm within touching distance of losing 20 lbs since I started. The aim was to lose 25lbs before the end of June so it's still possible. I need to lose about 50 lbs in total so that will be the half way mark for the year. The one thing I've learned from previous weight loss attempts is to take it slow with small achievable targets. Crash diets and going fitness crazy never last for long and you always rebound. Sensible eating (with the occasional treat) and keeping active is much more sustainable over the long term.

Good going.

I swapped 10k steps to persue "active10". You'll see better returns from 3 x active 10 walks than you will from 10k steps. Ideally just walk as quick as you can for 3 x 10m walks. I'm doing 60 mins active walking most days (weather permitting) which I've built up to over a month or two. 3.5 mile walk with hills and stairs mixed in. Feeling much fitter and stronger!

Good going.

I swapped 10k steps to persue "active10". You'll see better returns from 3 x active 10 walks than you will from 10k steps. Ideally just walk as quick as you can for 3 x 10m walks. I'm doing 60 mins active walking most days (weather permitting) which I've built up to over a month or two. 3.5 mile walk with hills and stairs mixed in. Feeling much fitter and stronger!

Unfortunately I'm exiled in East Anglia so no hills around here .

Trying to do 3 miles after work each day - just back from 3.5 miles as the sun was out for a change - which I will mix up between gentle ambling and power walking sections of 100m or so to get the blood pumping. The most dangerous part now is walking past pubs and resisting the temptation to pop in.

Well done. But it’s a pretty drastic lost. Hopefully you are doing the sensible way.
I dont calorie count at all i just try to use my own judgement. Ive pretty much felt ok but i must admit yesterday i felt wrecked all day, think i may be in a bit of a calorie deficit. Im not an expert in dieting but am i right in thinking that in the earlier stages of a diet if your not consuming enough calories your body will use your excess fat for energy ? And if that is the case as the fat disappears if your still not consuming enough calories for day to day activities, fatigue and tiredness are inevitable ?

Just got back from a weekend in the NE - first visit since last August and 4 days of my mam's cooking and treats so I daren't step on the scales. Need few days of detox and exercise to recover from the stodge but it was well worth it.

The great weigh in continues and to my great surprise I've lost 3 pounds. I'm not convinced by the Wii fit as my goal is to lose a pound a week using the my fitness app but I'll take it.

I'm well chuffed I'm under the 11 stone mark as I've not been this weight for sometime.

Although I'm now officially 10 stone 12 (maybe), my next goal is only 10, 10 as I'm on holiday next week and 10,10 is officially a normal BMI. I know BMI isn't the be all etc but it would be nice to achieve.

Good luck everyone. Onwards and downwards.

The great weigh in continues and to my great surprise I've lost 3 pounds. I'm not convinced by the Wii fit as my goal is to lose a pound a week using the my fitness app but I'll take it.

I'm well chuffed I'm under the 11 stone mark as I've not been this weight for sometime.

Although I'm now officially 10 stone 12 (maybe), my next goal is only 10, 10 as I'm on holiday next week and 10,10 is officially a normal BMI. I know BMI isn't the be all etc but it would be nice to achieve.

Good luck everyone. Onwards and downwards.
go gurl

I find setting targets by any measure really helpful

I lost a tonne of weight last year then decided to sulk and eat swiss roles from the wrapper and put it all back on and more, back on it for a week now and have lost 9.8lbs of I'm sure mostly water

I'm doing this as cancer gallops through my family and sugar is the enemy but the weight loss was kind of addictive and enjoyable and tracking it kept me on the straight and narrow with it

go gurl

I find setting targets by any measure really helpful

I lost a tonne of weight last year then decided to sulk and eat swiss roles from the wrapper and put it all back on and more, back on it for a week now and have lost 9.8lbs of I'm sure mostly water

I'm doing this as cancer gallops through my family and sugar is the enemy but the weight loss was kind of addictive and enjoyable and tracking it kept me on the straight and narrow with it

Thanks Cat. I fell off the wagon mid April for a month as dieting is boring 😁

I set small targets so I can achieve them, feel good I've achieved them and then set another.

As you say setting a target focuses the mind and keeps you on it.

I'm so sorry to read about the cancer and if your diet can keep that at bay then that's wonderful and you get to lose weight as a bonus. 👍

Good luck.

June has been my worst month of the year for weight loss - two weekends with family and more beer drinking because of the football. I'm going to miss by end of June target by a few pounds but still over a stone lost since 1 Jan. Let's see if I can do the same, or better, in the second half of the year

June has been my worst month of the year for weight loss - two weekends with family and more beer drinking because of the football. I'm going to miss by end of June target by a few pounds but still over a stone lost since 1 Jan. Let's see if I can do the same, or better, in the second half of the year

We all have blips. Don't beat yourself up, just get back on the wagon and go again.

Good luck!

Back