Weight Loss 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I am the same high as the good captain, only 35lbs heavier.

Looking for a 80-100lb loss this year.
What’s your plan Chief? You following a plan or just trying to eat healthy?

Weighed myself at work 5 pm today. Got 5 weeks to lose 6kg. Doable? Perhaps, but I need to be right on it. Next weigh in is 9.1.19
I’d recommend DietBet.

You bet on yourself to lose 4% of your weight in 4 weeks.

I'm trying to kick myself back into fitness.

Lost weight before getting married 18months ago and hoyed it all back on and more. Working from home on set split shifts certainly didn't help my health or mental state.

Got myself out of that job now and have a holiday to look forward to in Sept which id like to lose 3 stone for. Other reasons that I'd like to be healthy again and is the biggest focus I'll have as we are looking to adopt and I don't want to be the fat mamma too embarrassed to run round the park or go swimming etc.

I've just started dry January and also RED January. In previous months I'd barely do any steps but in 2 days I've already done over 20k.
8hrs in Blackpool helped that mind!
Good luck in all you are doing to help yourself.
Good luck, and good luck with the adoption too! Staying healthy for your kids is a great motivator. What’s your plan to lose the weight?

Last edited:

Good luck, and good luck with the adoption too! Staying healthy for your kids is a great motivator. What’s your plan to lose the weight?

Thank you.

Mainly getting kick started by doing Dry January and RED January. Reducing the deal we eat. Ideally sticking to around 1400 calories then taking it down to 1200 once in a routine.

Thank you.

Mainly getting kick started by doing Dry January and RED January. Reducing the deal we eat. Ideally sticking to around 1400 calories then taking it down to 1200 once in a routine.
Is that enough calories for you? 1200 is low if you’re running. I find I lose more if I increase my exercise and eat more. Same calorie deficit.

Bit fed up, had breathing problems and nausea with stumbling yesterday and no, no drink involved

Would have blamed the booze or fags, but teetotal and don't smoke.

In bed, from 5 last night, did my walk prior and felt really crap. Had a bath this morning, got out of the bath coughed up loads of gunk and was sick.

Got dressed and rang Doctor's surgery got immediate appointment. Seems like have lung congestion back in both lungs. Back on strong antibiotics, no walking for a while, hmmmmph.

Review Doctor's app for next Thursday. Seems like the one step forward and two steps back syndrome has struck with me again. Back in bloody bed, feeling down and missing my walk already.

Oh well, get health sorted and get back as soon as I can diet and walks. Done it before, can do it again. Rant over, sorry but feels better just getting it out of my system Apologies, we all have our own problems to deal with.

Bit fed up, had breathing problems and nausea with stumbling yesterday and no, no drink involved

Would have blamed the booze or fags, but teetotal and don't smoke.

In bed, from 5 last night, did my walk prior and felt really crap. Had a bath this morning, got out of the bath coughed up loads of gunk and was sick.

Got dressed and rang Doctor's surgery got immediate appointment. Seems like have lung congestion back in both lungs. Back on strong antibiotics, no walking for a while, hmmmmph.

Review Doctor's app for next Thursday. Seems like the one step forward and two steps back syndrome has struck with me again. Back in bloody bed, feeling down and missing my walk already.

Oh well, get health sorted and get back as soon as I can diet and walks. Done it before, can do it again. Rant over, sorry but feels better just getting it out of my system Apologies, we all have our own problems to deal with.
Hope you feel better soon mate. Woke up with a Stinking cold myself today so feeling annoyed the momentum has been taken away.

Hope you feel better soon mate. Woke up with a Stinking cold myself today so feeling annoyed the momentum has been taken away.

Horrible really, just starting to get back into it as well. We will both get there just take a little bit longer. Not going to get in a hump mind, just start again when I can, stressing is not going to get me well any quicker.

What’s your plan Chief? You following a plan or just trying to eat healthy?

Going back to what I know. Low fat diet, plenty of protein and throw in a healthy dose of spinning.

Simply looking to burn more calories than I intake for an overall net loss. Worked a couple of years ago when i was a trimmer 230lbs so planning on repeating that.

Is that enough calories for you? 1200 is low if you’re running. I find I lose more if I increase my exercise and eat more. Same calorie deficit.

I'm not doing any running just yet, if at all. If I do end up doing some running I'll up it a bit more. Going from zero exercise to a little bit is enough for me for now.

Thank you.

With @HellsBells here, that is awfully low. I'm dieting on 1800 at 10k steps per day at 190(ish)lbs (darent look at scales :oops:)

Sorry, I thought RED January was running?

Do you know what your normal calorie burn in a day is? (TDEE?)

It is, although it is anything as per the website. Essentially it's exercise every day.

Normal calorie burn is very low. I've pretty much h done nothing for 18months (did 5k in November) been plagued by a lot of injuries so haven't been able to do much which hasn't helped the weight gain.

With @HellsBells here, that is awfully low. I'm dieting on 1800 at 10k steps per day at 190(ish)lbs (darent look at scales :oops:)

It may well be but I'm not going straight to 1200 as I first mentioned I'm going to bring it down slowly (I'm hoping to push for 10k steps per day or minimum of 20 mins walking or 1 x fitness app session. I'm the same 190(ish+)lbs too). :oops::(

A bit of trial and error in the beginning for me. I'm not set to anything calorie wise to be honest. Tracking it now and then but once I know where I'm comfortable then I'll look for into it

Last edited:
It is, although it is anything as per the website. Essentially it's exercise every day.

Normal calorie burn is very low. I've pretty much h done nothing for 18months (did 5k in November) been plagued by a lot of injuries so haven't been able to do much which hasn't helped the weight gain.

It may well be but I'm not going straight to 1200 as I first mentioned I'm going to bring it down slowly (I'm hoping to push for 10k steps per day or minimum of 20 mins walking or 1 x fitness app session. I'm the same 190(ish+)lbs too). :oops::(

A bit of trial and error in the beginning for me. I'm not set to anything calorie wise to be honest. Tracking it now and then but once I know where I'm comfortable then I'll look for into it

1400 is still quite low , the problem being that you eat "too clean" and end up bingeing also if you eat too low calories you lose weight too quickly and it affects your metabolism.

Much easier to stick to if you don't feel like your on a "diet"

Well after going from 18 stone to 14st 10lbs last year (managed to hit my target in September) I've weighed myself last week and I'm back up to 16st 11lbs :lol:, that's 2 stone I've put on in 4 months. I'm starting to think my natural weight is higher than I want it to be, given that I am 6ft 4" and of a broad build.

Anyway, we go again, this time I just want to get back to 15 stone 0lbs hopefully by March then this time try and keep eating the same foods instead of resorting to old ways.

Need to shift a stone and a half by may for the marathon, want to be down to 13 stone by then. I haven’t been that light since my wedding 11 years ago.

Started walking again today, still on antibiotics but going stir crazy, coughing up crap, but wrapped up well and although cold was ok. Feeling a bit shitty now mind, probably a bit too soon. But there you go what's done is done. Hopefully no repercussions from it! Diet, meh! Not eating loads of crap, but not on diet as yet! Motivation seem's to have taken a walk at the minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back