Weight Loss 2019

Anyone else tracking macros? Started doing this the last week to shift the last stubborn 6pound (dropped 2 1/2stone in 2018) and I must say it’s shocked me as I thought my diet was on point :lol:

I dropped 16kg over the course of last year bud so it’s very doable!!! Keep at it
yep, around 2100 net cals a day (I eat what I burn running, measured off a heart strap)

Made up of 183g p, 175g c, 75g fat. As long as I hit my protein the carb and fat are flexible though

5.2lbs down in the first week, obviously mostly water

Last edited:

yep, around 2100 net cals a day (I eat what I burn running, measured off a heart strap)

Made up of 183g p, 175g c, 75g fat. As long as I hit my protein the carb and fat are flexible though

5.2lbs down in the first week, obviously mostly water

Good on ya man, keep with it! I’ve been doing it since thurs. First couple days were a mixed bag trying to figure it out(spent 40 minutes in Asda scanning on my phone:oops:) but the aim is 2000 calories, 40carb, 30 fat, 30 protein split. It actually feels like cheating :lol:
Been thinking of getting one of those heart straps after the joe rogan podcast competition he did with his mates. Anygood?

Good on ya man, keep with it! I’ve been doing it since thurs. First couple days were a mixed bag trying to figure it out(spent 40 minutes in Asda scanning on my phone:oops:) but the aim is 2000 calories, 40carb, 30 fat, 30 protein split. It actually feels like cheating :lol:
Been thinking of getting one of those heart straps after the joe rogan podcast competition he did with his mates. Anygood?
It’s useful for running, gives me all sorts of data and I know from experience it’s fairly accurate at working out how many calories I burn. I have a Garmin one linked to my garmin watch

In percentage terms my split is 39% p, 31% f, 30% c

Last edited:
After finishing off all the beers and food I got for Xmas I’m now motivated to loose some weight. Pretty much around 19 stone at the moment. Wanting to get it down to around 16 for summer holiday.

Main thing is to cut down on the booze. We eat quite health, always cook meals fresh, it’s just the drink. Can easily have 10 cans on the night and feel fine but with that comes crisps, chocolate and pork scratchings.

Walk to and from work each day (hour each way) but looking to join the gym as well. There’s one on the way to work which is 50 quid. As daft as it sounds I think I need to pay a bit more as I’m quite tight so will make sure I get my money’s worth.

Only problem is that have some quite boozy weekends lined up (London, Galway) this month but at least want to make a start

Just got weighed. I've done the naked weighing, early in the morning, before breakfast and after a wee malarkey because it's my first week and I wanted a boost and I've lost 3 pounds. I'm chuffed.
Started last Monday so should weigh myself today but want to wait till I have a big shit to get rid of weekend food!
It's got to shift at least half a pound, right?

:lol: The problem you have is no food or drink until you do or you'll undo all your good erm shitting. It's a tricky balance. :D
Had a shit. Weighed myself. 14st 10 1/4lb. Down from 15st 3 1/2lb in a week.
Obviously it's a piece of piss in the first week as half of that will probably be water lost.
Pretty pleased, though. Haven't started exercising yet. Might do a HIIT later and bit on the bike.
:cool:

Had a shit. Weighed myself. 14st 10 1/4lb. Down from 15st 3 1/2lb in a week.
Obviously it's a piece of piss in the first week as half of that will probably be water lost.
Pretty pleased, though. Haven't started exercising yet. Might do a HIIT later and bit on the bike.
:cool:

Speak for yourself re the piece of piss, I'm fed up already .:lol:

After months and months and months and, well you get the picture, of talking about starting a work-out, I finally started last night. I haven't worked out in eons, so I'm doing a light and basic program:

1o-minute cardio
Squats (no weight) - used a chair for balance on the last set
Vertical Pulls (will eventually be pull-ups)
Push-ups
Knee lifts (will eventually be leg lifts)
Tricep presses (using a chair - will eventually be dips)
planks (knee planks for now)

All body weight for now just to get my body moving and being active. Will probably do this for around 7/8 weeks, making progression with the resistance to build up strength. After that, I will add free weights and dedicated cardio days.

The point was to start. That has been the challenge, so getting started was a big deal. Now just have to keep it going.

Xmas/New year saw me balloon from 183lb to 197lb. After finishing off leftover sweets n booze now down to 192lb today. Aim is to reach 175 but at age 57 and knee replacement cant blast the gym like i used to. Will power , bike and reducing the booze is my way forward. Will give an update after 3 weeks, although after looking at weather may be a tad cold for biking.

After months and months and months and, well you get the picture, of talking about starting a work-out, I finally started last night. I haven't worked out in eons, so I'm doing a light and basic program:

1o-minute cardio
Squats (no weight) - used a chair for balance on the last set
Vertical Pulls (will eventually be pull-ups)
Push-ups
Knee lifts (will eventually be leg lifts)
Tricep presses (using a chair - will eventually be dips)
planks (knee planks for now)

All body weight for now just to get my body moving and being active. Will probably do this for around 7/8 weeks, making progression with the resistance to build up strength. After that, I will add free weights and dedicated cardio days.

The point was to start. That has been the challenge, so getting started was a big deal. Now just have to keep it going.

Keep going, the hardest thing as you've realised is to start, now you've started and told the world.....well us lol you'll have to keep going. You can do it.

Xmas/New year saw me balloon from 183lb to 197lb. After finishing off leftover sweets n booze now down to 192lb today. Aim is to reach 175 but at age 57 and knee replacement cant blast the gym like i used to. Will power , bike and reducing the booze is my way forward. Will give an update after 3 weeks, although after looking at weather may be a tad cold for biking.

It's too cold for me at the mo but unluckily I have a cross trainer which I'm sure was invented by the Devil himself. I've seen online that there are exercises you can do indoors if it's too cold for you and you've a mind to do them.

Last edited:
Keep going, the hardest thing as you've realised is to start, now you've started and told the world.....well us lol you'll have to keep going. You can do it.
Thanks, pal. When I was younger, I used to work out regularly, and doing it yesterday after all that time felt really good. I am sore today, even though I took it easy, which tells me how bad out of shape I actually am. But I feel good and I know that as I continue, I will feel better.

Thanks, pal. When I was younger, I used to work out regularly, and doing it yesterday after all that time felt really good. I am sore today, even though I took it easy, which tells me how bad out of shape I actually am. But I feel good and I know that as I continue, I will feel better.

That's what I said to myself today when I hobbled down the stairs and then couldn't lift my arms. I'm now aware of muscles I never knew existed! :lol:

Then why hasn't it left??? If you are asking me it's set up a tent and is intending on staying in my body. :evil:
Actually, soreness from working out should only be present for the first few days when you first start working out. How long have you been doing it? You also have to be careful that you're not pushing yourself too hard.

Sorry, not sure if you already posted it on here, but what's your work out, if you don't mind me asking?

Actually, soreness from working out should only be present for the first few days when you first start working out. How long have you been doing it? You also have to be careful that you're not pushing yourself too hard.

Sorry, not sure if you already posted it on here, but what's your work out, if you don't mind me asking?

I don't really have a defined workout. Because of my medical conditions I can only do a little bit so hand on heart my weight loss will mainly be down to "starvation" Due to my arthritis and weakened muscles I'm in discomfort anyway and any exercise just adds to it. I'm not going crazy but I know to push a bit will result in my body protesting, but it is what it is. ;)

Right, I need some motivation. Got a challenge on with a mate, we both need to lose 20% body weight by end of June 2019. I am 6ft 0" and started on 1 Jan at 17st 6lbs (244lbs). Haven't been well all year (chest infection) but have been on a few 4 mile walks. Have lost 4lbs in last two weeks (only another 44 to go!) Is walking a good way to carry on or do I need to step it up? (can jog about 2 miles in 20mins but it kills my knees).

Back