Weight Loss 2019

Almost didn't work out yesterday. My body kept telling me that I'm tired, that resting for the day wouldn't be an issue, that I didn't feel good, but through it all I just kept getting ready, ignoring my body and my mind practically yelling at me to not work out. I didn't feel like working out at all. But I ignored it and just getting ready to work out. Every single part of me was begging me to just go and do something relaxing instead. Then, I put on my earphones, hit play on my music, and just started ignoring my own body, mind, heart, and soul that were telling me otherwise.

I had a really good work out and I felt great after I was done.

I read about that somewhere online (I don't recall the site), where it says that when every single cell in your body is begging you not to work out, you just ignore the voice. You keep getting ready and then you start. I didn't think that was a real thing when I read it, but I experienced it myself yesterday.

So, whenever you know you have to work out but everything is telling you not to. Just ignore it. Just keep putting on your gym clothes, lacing up your shoes, putting on your headphones... and then just start working out. You will be glad you did.

Good luck to all on here. Hope it's going well for you.

I'm here for support and encouragement if you need it.

I'm at this point right now. My legs are sore and my mind is telling me it wouldn't hurt to miss a day. Reading your post has guilted me into exercising.

PS. If I pull a muscle I'm blaming you ;)

Weekly weigh in

Project lose 6kg in five weeks.

9.1.19 minus 1kg
16.1.19 minus 1 kg
23.1.19 minus half kg

So 2.5 kg lost in three weeks

Next weigh in 30.1.19
Keep up the great work. That's awesome!

Really didn't want to go on the Wii fit today, but I read this and thought oh poo bags if he can do it then get your tushy on it.

I've done steps and jogging and unlike you Mr Monk I do not feel great. :rolleyes::lol:
:lol:

Believe me, you will eventually. I'm still sore as hell but I like the feeling. And, uh, no, I'm not a masochist. :lol:

I'm at this point right now. My legs are sore and my mind is telling me it wouldn't hurt to miss a day. Reading your post has guilted me into exercising.

PS. If I pull a muscle I'm blaming you ;)
:lol:

Make sure you stretch before and after working out. Doesn't have to be anything too intense but it's very important to do it. It's the best way to avoid injury. Are you doing weights or just cardio? Or both?

And just keep doing that, ignore your body when it's telling you not to work out. After awhile, your body is just going to give up resisting:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Make sure you stretch before and after working out. Doesn't have to be anything too intense but it's very important to do it. It's the best way to avoid injury. Are you doing weights or just cardio? Or both?

And just keep doing that, ignore your body when it's telling you not to work out. After awhile, your body is just going to give up resisting:D

Did weights tonight. I really need to do cardio though as my arms and legs are pretty toned but the rest of me is a fat mess. I walk around 23km a day at work on all terrain and sometimes (er I mean most of the time) when I get home I just can't be bothered to do any exercise. Mind you if I cut down on the junk I eat I know the weight will start to drop and I'll have more energy to get some cardio done.

Did weights tonight. I really need to do cardio though as my arms and legs are pretty toned but the rest of me is a fat mess. I walk around 23km a day at work on all terrain and sometimes (er I mean most of the time) when I get home I just can't be bothered to do any exercise. Mind you if I cut down on the junk I eat I know the weight will start to drop and I'll have more energy to get some cardio done.
You do a lot of walking so that's good, but you need to move your whole body with more intensity. You're doing weights so you don't really need a lot of cardio, maybe add a 10-minute cardio warm-up prior to lifting? That might get you enough cardio to help out. And, yes, of course, eating better always helps. This is my struggle as well. I love bread and it is the death of me.

If I can help keep you motivated, let me know. I'm on the same journey as you, pal, so I'm always glad to help!

23km....a day.....do you have any legs left?? How many pairs of shoes do you go through? :eek:

Not sure about awesome, but thank you anyway.

Posting (results) on here helps during the week when I look at a biscuit or something, because I dont want to post a weight gain, so I leave the biscuit alone.
Very true. It's the reason I decided to post on here, too. It keeps me honest and motivated.

And it is awesome. It's gain (err, I mean loss) in the right direction, so that is awesome, pal. Every little bit of weight loss is a victory. So be proud of every bit of it.

It's gone a bit quiet here this week! Has everyone fallen off the wagon? Are we all in a chocolate-induced coma?! :D

A decent week so far for me. Can fit nicely into my skinny jeans I got for Crimbo now.
The surprising thing so far is how I've managed to maintain consistent loss while eating plenty of food I would usually associate with weight gain.

Week 2 I made a big pot of soup with suet dumplings, ate it over 3 days and lost weight.
Week 3 I made a big pot of mince with suet dumplings, ate it over 3 days and lost weight.
Week 4 I made a big pot of panac with suet dumplings, ate it over 3 days and lost weight.

I think the obvious thing (apart from the fact I love me suet dumplings!) is my weight gain was definitely down to eating crap between meals. Now I've cut that out completely I've been able to simply have slightly smaller main meals (about 1/3 less) and still lose weight without sacrificing a lot and feeling starving all day.
Banging porridge and fruit down me every morning has easily kept me going till early afternoon as well.

Also, I finally moved all of the crap of the exercise bike, dusted off my free weights and made a Youtube playlist of some of Joe Wicks HIIT videos.
Monday is the day the exercise starts. God help me! :eek:

I've gone down from 225lb to 219lb over January, happy with the progress. Only exercise I do is walking

It's still 6 pounds so that's a great start. Onwards and downwards :)

It's gone a bit quiet here this week! Has everyone fallen off the wagon? Are we all in a chocolate-induced coma?! :D

A decent week so far for me. Can fit nicely into my skinny jeans I got for Crimbo now.
The surprising thing so far is how I've managed to maintain consistent loss while eating plenty of food I would usually associate with weight gain.

Week 2 I made a big pot of soup with suet dumplings, ate it over 3 days and lost weight.
Week 3 I made a big pot of mince with suet dumplings, ate it over 3 days and lost weight.
Week 4 I made a big pot of panac with suet dumplings, ate it over 3 days and lost weight.

I think the obvious thing (apart from the fact I love me suet dumplings!) is my weight gain was definitely down to eating crap between meals. Now I've cut that out completely I've been able to simply have slightly smaller main meals (about 1/3 less) and still lose weight without sacrificing a lot and feeling starving all day.
Banging porridge and fruit down me every morning has easily kept me going till early afternoon as well.

Also, I finally moved all of the crap of the exercise bike, dusted off my free weights and made a Youtube playlist of some of Joe Wicks HIIT videos.
Monday is the day the exercise starts. God help me! :eek:

So pleased it's working out for you. Good luck re the exercise, it kills me. :lol:

Back