We need to spend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do transfer fees not count in turnover?

So McNair, Asoro and Kazhri creates £15m. Assuming the latter two go as reported.
You can spend transfer money received on buying other players. Or you can use 60% of it as income. That is players wages and similar. So 15m becomes 9m usable. A big difference when you are talking big numbers.

I don't want to pick holes in the Chairman's' statements, however he did say that the club could afford to keep all of the high earners if they wanted to and still go about normal business. So, although that has now changed to we can keep x, if we sell y, you'd think we could have sorted our business and not had it held up by outgoings. Financially, man-power wise, not so sure.

I get the impression he was trying to show a strong hand so other clubs wouldn't offer derisory amounts. I think he was hoping two or three would go fast for big fees which would allow him to leverage that against the others.

As much as he says we could continue as normal with all those staying I'm sure he doesn't want to.

We aren’t in debt now and no way are our current costs more than turnover for next year.

What bollocks.

The wage bill is still there. The costs we have are still there. The judgement on the Alvarez case is still there. Just because Short wiped out his debt, that doesn’t magically make every cost and expense disappear :lol:

We aren’t in debt now and no way are our current costs more than turnover for next year.
So what is your income?

About 7 to 8m ST sales?
TV money has all but gone.
Cup runs?

Outgoings

1 player on 40k a week is 2m. That is a quarter of your income.

What bollocks.

The wage bill is still there. The costs we have are still there. The judgement on the Alvarez case is still there. Just because Short wiped out his debt, that doesn’t magically make every cost and expense disappear :lol:
I didn’t say it did, but our income will be way more than our costs this year, if our wage bill is at the £17m that has been quoted we are well within the rules.

So what is your income?

About 7 to 8m ST sales?
TV money has all but gone.
Cup runs?

Outgoings

1 player on 40k a week is 2m. That is a quarter of your income.
We have over £35m in parachute payments our turnover will probably be £50m.

Can pay as much as you want, if players don't want to join us they won't join, we are in a shit league, we are not going attract much quality.
Yes but we should still be able to attract the best players currently playing in L1 or L2, similarly to when we signed Whitehead and Lawrence.....

Really? Our biggest expenditure is wages and they haven't gone down an awful lot.
I thought the quoted figure is around £17m for the current wage bill. We have lost a fair few players since last season. I would estimate our wage bill would have to be up at £30m+ to be breaching the rules. Not that I think we should be aiming for a wage bill anything like that high.

I didn’t say it did, but our income will be way more than our costs this year, if our wage bill is at the £17m that has been quoted we are well within the rules.

£17 million? :lol:

It’s about double that at the minute :lol:

So far we have made a right mix of signings. Hard to judge how it will eventually pan out. Our scouts and manager might know something others dont but 2 players we have signed are well regarded on the circuit as being just not good enough and 1 of the signings in particular has caused many eyebrows to be raised given how poor the player is, how much over the odds we have decided to pay him and the length of his contract when he is simply unreliable and questionable charecter.

Unless the quality of signing improves and i actually think it might this will be no stroll to promotion.

I don't know what your current wage bill is. I don't know what the parachute payments are. All I know is they reduce then disappear. And you must be close to losing all of it.

If they are running your club right they will be planning ahead. That includes what happens if you don't get promotion first time.

Yes chairmen can inject money into clubs. But loans are not allowed at this level. Neither is running up massive debts. The money has to be a gift. Has he got major money just to gift to your club?

Some fans need to realise and to get in the situation we are in, gone are the days of £5-10 million pound signings, £300k upwards gets us the top players in our league, maybe a bit more for a decent forward! That would blow a lot of teams out of the water in this league! Donald said in his first podcast we'll spend as little as possible this season to get out of the league which means spending as little of the parachute money as possible meaning IF we get up we'd have a bigger budget to have a go in the the Championship!

Don’t forget July the 1st borini 5.6m and lens 6.6m were sold. Then McNair 5m+ then Khazri 10m and asoro 2m. That nearly 30m.

I don't know what your current wage bill is. I don't know what the parachute payments are. All I know is they reduce then disappear. And you must be close to losing all of it.

If they are running your club right they will be planning ahead. That includes what happens if you don't get promotion first time.

Yes chairmen can inject money into clubs. But loans are not allowed at this level. Neither is running up massive debts. The money has to be a gift. Has he got major money just to gift to your club?
I think off the top of my head parachute payments are about £35m this year and £15m next year.
I agree with what you are saying we need to live within our means, it seems our current wage bill is probably in the high teens, £17m has been quoted obviously nobody knows for sure.
That means roughly speaking according to the rules we could run at the current wage bill for two years. Clearly that’s not what we want to do and the wage bill has to come down. The issue is at the moment is we seem to be in a bit of a stand off with a number of the high earners and what happens if they don’t go, or go very late in the window.

Don’t forget July the 1st borini 5.6m and lens 6.6m were sold. Then McNair 5m+ then Khazri 10m and asoro 2m. That nearly 30m.
I think we also owed £20m+ for old transfers this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back