We need to spend.

Not for the sake of it and not whilst we have unsustainable wages on our books, it’s not like they haven’t said this previously.

What I was suggesting was to to spend for the sake of it ?

They have said they are prepared to keep players and won’t be held to ransom.

I’m aware there is still huge wage cutting to be done.

Fact is SD stated we don’t need to be sell to buy, yet here we are. ( having already freed up a lot of wages and generated transfer fees )

What I was suggesting was to to spend for the sake of it ?

They have said they are prepared to keep players and won’t be held to ransom.

I’m aware there is still huge wage cutting to be done.

Fact is SD stated we don’t need to be sell to buy, yet here we are. ( having already freed up a lot of wages and generated transfer fees )
I never said you did,you asked my opinion on spending and I gave it. I never mentioned you saying anything, are you just looking for an argument?

Exactly we aren’t anywhere near 60% of turnover.

How do you know? We have got Rodwell and McNair off the books but we still have Cattermole, N'Dong, Kone, Khazri, Oviedo and others on big premier league money. McGeady will be on decent cash, McMananan also.

We need to move players on before we spent on more than the odd player and it's not easy given how shit the above are.

I never said you did,you asked my opinion on spending and I gave it. I never mentioned you saying anything, are you just looking for an argument?

Not at all , you called me out as bedwetter.
I don’t think I have said anything that indicates that.

My request to spend comes for a chronic lack of quality in the squad.

How do you know? We have got Rodwell and McNair off the books but we still have Cattermole, N'Dong, Kone, Khazri, Oviedo and others on big premier league money. McGeady will be on decent cash, McMananan also.

We need to move players on before we spent on more than the odd player and it's not easy given how shit the above are.
Our turnover will be £50m+ the owner reckons the wage bill is about £17m. No chance we are anywhere near our limit.
We don’t need to move players on but it’s a sensible approach. Although not sure what happens if we haven’t shifted any in a couple of weeks.

Not at all , you called me out as bedwetter.
I don’t think I have said anything that indicates that.

My request to spend comes for a chronic lack of quality in the squad.
Fair enough, we have 4 weeks to bring in people and we’ve only seen these players in one game at start of pre season. In my opinion that is “bed wetting” If we still lack quality on August 4th il be right there with you, until then I don’t expect you to agree with my assessment of your opinion but it is what it is mate.

Our turnover will be £50m+ the owner reckons the wage bill is about £17m. No chance we are anywhere near our limit.
We don’t need to move players on but it’s a sensible approach. Although not sure what happens if we haven’t shifted any in a couple of weeks.

Our turnover won't be over £50M. We get about £25M in parachute payments but zero from TV. There's no chance we'll make £25M from match tickets etc. If we made £40M we could have a wage bill of £24M tops. We might be nearer to making £35M, this would only make our wage bill just over £20M. Sign 1 player on £10K a week would add 500K to our bill. 6 would take it over £20M. Then what do we do in January if we need a couple of players?

He said that he was assuming to get the wage bill around £12m. If its at £17m we need three more high earners leaving. Looks like Kazhri is the first, and a large transfer fee helps.

I imagine Kone will be gone soon too.
Ross was asked re transfers after today's match and said that the only imminent one was the Asoro deal.

Our turnover won't be over £50M. We get about £25M in parachute payments but zero from TV. There's no chance we'll make £25M from match tickets etc. If we made £40M we could have a wage bill of £24M tops. We might be nearer to making £35M, this would only make our wage bill just over £20M. Sign 1 player on £10K a week would add 500K to our bill. 6 would take it over £20M. Then what do we do in January if we need a couple of players?

It's actually 45% of the equal PL distribution, so around £38m. This will drop to 25% next year - around £18m. And that's our lot.

Parachute payments are more like £35m.

I see Coventry City got beat 2-0 off Sutton utd on Saturday...f***ing dead certs for relegation now then!! Some right f***ing missrrable twats on this thread...100% happy with the new owners!!! I am willing to actually see where we are christmas time before f***ing whinging about anything and everything....TITS !!
You deserve to wear the Special Supporter’s Hat tomorrow.

Paying over the odds to get players here who don't really want to come is exactly why we are in this mess yet some still want to do it.

I honestly think people are just addicted to transfers/big fees. How haven't we learned this lesson yet?

Of course we need players in but anyone saying we should go out and spend when we have a huge wage bill as it is can't be very bright. It's been laid out in the most simple terms. We have a big budget for this league, but most of it is currently tied up on wages for players who want away yet won't go.

The owners said from the off that spending more than is required to get out of this league is a waste. With the right manager, scouts, etc we should be able to do it on a couple of million. Here's hoping we have them on board.

We are going to have a slow start accept it, we still need to offload half a dozen players minimum and bring in replacements then they need time to Gel, will be at least Oct before we start showing any form.

You'd still expect us to be beating teams in this league to signatures and signing one or two of the better quality players in league one at least. Perhaps my expectations are too high...

Most of the players we've signed have been involved in previous promotions from this division, or have I got this wrong?

Back