Wages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Absolutely cracking money for someone in their early twenties mind.

I'd never even had a full time job when I was that age. I reckon I'd be dead now if I'd access to that sort of cash back then.

Whey you f***ing did didn't you. Daft arse. :lol:

After engaging in a conversation about benefits:lol:

But aye, done plenty drinking and just wasted it on a car and all that crap. I’ve decided that I’ve got to grow up now.

Do you not work in that industry now? Some of the degrees on offer when I was at college were fantastic. “Festival management” or “museum curatorship”. No doubt they’ll have transferable skills but f***ing hell.

Work in advertising and marketing as a copywriter, so sort of, yes.

Probably could have had exactly the same opportunities had I just tried to get a job immediately after my bachelors though.

Work in advertising and marketing as a copywriter, so sort of, yes.

Probably could have had exactly the same opportunities had I just tried to get a job immediately after my bachelors though.

My sister(no) did a masters in history before doing her teaching qualification like. Could’ve done that straight from her bachelors, but having a masters might have helped when it came to getting a job like.

:lol::lol: Fuck off man, ya 22. If your not spending any spare cash at the end of the month on hookers and blow, you don't deserve to be earning that much.

I’m spending the spare cash at the end of the month on nice clothes and stuff like that, very sad I know:lol:

Those activities you mentioned seem far too exoctic for me.

My sister(no) did a masters in history before doing her teaching qualification like. Could’ve done that straight from her bachelors, but having a masters might have helped when it came to getting a job like.

I’m spending the spare cash at the end of the month on nice clothes and stuff like that, very sad I know:lol:

Those activities you mentioned seem far too exoctic for me.

you have not lived till you have fucked an Eastern European hooker in a cocaine fuelled orgy or just a 1 on 1 session full of Bugel

some of the wages in the North are nothing short of disgusting

Senior IT Engineer £18-20k a year...fine if yer living at home but how the fuck are you supposed to afford to run a house support kids on that

no wonder food banks are on the rise

Talking to my Mate the other night about the same thing.
How people, particularly a family can survive on £25k per year shocks me.

Sadly I think it is going to get worse and businesses will pay what they can get away with. Went to Grimsby Saturday and it is certainly cheaper up North.
Doing everything in my job for my kids and their future however it concerns me where all this is going.
I worked my bollocks off after I left school at 16 with a few O levels. Studied from home whilst Company sponsored me and it paid off. I would not have got the job without a degree now and that is the changing business World.

It’s certainly depressing out there and some real sorry sights on your doorstep.

Been at the same large IT company 9years now and these sort of threads and "shit wage" comments are starting to catch my wage such is the lack of rises over the years. If it wasn't for on call topping mine up I'd be long gone.

Sigh.

Is that a jazzed up title for a help desk or is it an actual engineering role? When I was in IT Recruitment those roles were paying $90-110k depending on the scope. Then again, a decent tech support (1st or 2nd level can make $50k here)
Everything costs tuppence here mate. £18k will be entry level help desk though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back