Wages

i do work away....
i had to wait for a deployment date for Afghan...i finally got one but decided 60 days away from the kids is too much

ive got a job with NATO if i want it Just Negotiating if i can have Friday and Monday off twice a fortnight

P.S. i love wimmen really and my Mrs is class

P.P.S if i end up in Europe are you going to buy me a pint/go for a cuddle

God Bless us everyone
Too much information, mate.

You do realise that this will be used at some future time to rip the piss out of you, don't you ?

some of the wages in the North are nothing short of disgusting

Senior IT Engineer £18-20k a year...fine if yer living at home but how the fuck are you supposed to afford to run a house support kids on that

no wonder food banks are on the rise
The threat of redundancy was hanging over me earlier this year, so I started to look around for similar roles as mine and the salaries were £15-20k less than what I was picking up at the time, I was looking at contracting and living away mon-fri to pull in decent money.

Luckily I was offered a new role in current organisation so managed to maintain things, but was shocked at some of the money on offer.

The threat of redundancy was hanging over me earlier this year, so I started to look around for similar roles as mine and the salaries were £15-20k less than what I was picking up at the time, I was looking at contracting and living away mon-fri to pull in decent money.

Luckily I was offered a new role in current organisation so managed to maintain things, but was shocked at some of the money on offer.

exactly what i have had to do, i know there is a role at DXC again thats paying £48k with shift allowance but its 12 hour night shifts... and you never know if your gonna get laid off

Similar to me atm......looking at redundancy possibly early next year and nothing much knocking about in the NE at present. As a last resort it will be somewhere like London or Aberdeen although I'd rather take a hit in salary to stay closer to home.

I take it home is spenny?

Where is it you work (location) and what would you class as a benefit?

i work at Hinkley Point C its on the arse end of nowhere about 40 mins south of bristol,

when i was at Avanade/Accenture we got Bupa, 100k death in service £1900 a year extended benefits Yearly bonus cycle and car schemes, free MS exam vouchers and freew bait once a month amongst other little perks but the salary were not the best

I take it home is spenny?

Where is it you work (location) and what would you class as a benefit?

aye mate but ive always worked in or around the NE till now apart from a small stint in aberdeen

Last edited:
i work at Hinkley Point C its on the arse end of nowhere about 40 mins south of bristol,

when i was at Avanade/Accenture we got Bupa, 100k death in service £1900 a year extended benefits Yearly bonus cycle and car schemes, free MS exam vouchers and freew bait once a month amongst other little perks but the salary were not the best

Nice one, thank you.

I get circa 33k a year, but I’m only 22. Work 24 weeks a year on a 2 on 2 off basis, get all travel to and from work paid for, get all food paid for at work. Uniform paid for. I’ve got 30k worth of external training courses booked in next 2 years which are industry recognised. Just trying to work out if I am being hard done by or not:lol:

Nice one, thank you.

I get circa 33k a year, but I’m only 22. Work 24 weeks a year on a 2 on 2 off basis, get all travel to and from work paid for, get all food paid for at work. Uniform paid for. I’ve got 30k worth of external training courses booked in next 2 years which are industry recognised. Just trying to work out if I am being hard done by or not:lol:

depends what your skillset is i suppose but id of been buzzing if i was on that at 22

unfortunately at 22 i was a complete fuckwit and was only interested in Drinking chasing fanny and being a billy big bollocks at the Football..

one of the jobs i have had to turn down was 75,000 a year TAX FREE will need a few crywanks to get over that one

Nice one, thank you.

At 22 mate you’ve got it class. Seems you can save, cracking salary for a lad of your age and commitment towards your future.

By the time you’re 30 you’ll have doubled your salary, guaranteed.

depends what your skillset is i suppose but id of been buzzing if i was on that at 22

unfortunately at 22 i was a complete fuckwit and was only interested in Drinking chasing fanny and being a billy big bollocks at the Football..

one of the jobs i have had to turn down was 75,000 a year TAX FREE will need a few crywanks to get over that one

Skill set at the moment is limited but growing all time, on constant courses that are externally recognised.

At 22 mate you’ve got it class. Seems you can save, cracking salary for a lad of your age and commitment towards your future.

By the time you’re 30 you’ll have doubled your salary, guaranteed.

I’m just starting to settle down after not really thinking about saving but starting to now and hopefully be moved out this time next year. Didn’t go to uni or anything like that so no student loan repayments or anything like that.

Back