Wages

In the north east that's a decent salary regardless of your age.

As others have said though, depends on your outgoings/circumstances/lifestyle. Also, having worked on both sides, I'd aways sacrifice a good few grand for flexi time for example, so working conditions are as important as coin to me.

In fact as long as I can get on a couple of holidays a year, pay the bills and have a few quid for a beer or two I just want a piss easy job/life.

I've a 50 mile each way commute, decent cash mind but id take a 10k a year pay cut to be closer to home if I didn't have wfh available when i want it - which tbf is most of the week

In the north east that's a decent salary regardless of your age.

As others have said though, depends on your outgoings/circumstances/lifestyle. Also, having worked on both sides, I'd aways sacrifice a good few grand for flexi time for example, so working conditions are as important as coin to me.

In fact as long as I can get on a couple of holidays a year, pay the bills and have a few quid for a beer or two I just want a piss easy job/life.

Always have one a year at least, last year we had 2 and that was before I got a pay rise. I’m pretty rigid when I’m at work ie 2 weeks a month, but the other 2 weeks I can do what I want. Easy to plan for holidays and stuff.

My job is an absolute walk in the park 90% of the time, and it pays well. I enjoy being at work and I love being able to do what I want when I’m off.

Skill set at the moment is limited but growing all time, on constant courses that are externally recognised.

I’m just starting to settle down after not really thinking about saving but starting to now and hopefully be moved out this time next year. Didn’t go to uni or anything like that so no student loan repayments or anything like that.
If ya still at parents try and save as much as you can, If ya taking home £1700 a month and offshore half the time you should save a grand a month.

some of the wages in the North are nothing short of disgusting

Senior IT Engineer £18-20k a year...fine if yer living at home but how the fuck are you supposed to afford to run a house support kids on that

no wonder food banks are on the rise
Haha no doubt CCNA and MCSA required for that wage aswell :)

Where my lass (no) works, they advertised to replace someone for 8k a year less than the person who left was on. They have filled it too, which is why they do it - because people will take the jobs.

I'm heading down the contracting route - leave my current job mid feb so looking all the time and some of the salaries on offer for the type of experience required is pretty shit - especially in the IT sector up here.

most of the jobs are entry level 1st line stuff and the requirements are out of line. Looking likely i'll be on the road most weeks just to get a decent wedge.

Back