VW Campervan’s

Would love an old lwb Patrol to do something like this with it:
Had a couple when I was siting the mobile homes, did a tour of Andalucia with just camping gear in the back, one of the best trips ever done.
Go anywhere motor, had VW's in the past, ok long as you don't go on the beach or you'll be digging it out.

Would love an old lwb Patrol to do something like this with it:
Had a couple when I was siting the mobile homes, did a tour of Andalucia with just camping gear in the back, one of the best trips ever done.
Go anywhere motor, had VW's in the past, ok long as you don't go on the beach or you'll be digging it out.
I love the patrols. Great beasts they are.

It’s a big vehicle and I dare say would give a similar living area to a static van if done right.

The Mazda Bongo looks ripe for a mini van conversion.
Loads of nice bongo campers about,bit better value generally than VW’s but they’ve shot up in price too.
For those itk
What’s the going rate for a respray?
Seen one I like well within my price range but don’t like the colour.
Depends how good you want it to be, if you take a look at a few you’ll probably see that the panels are wavy as fuck and full of filler on a lot of them. A tidy up respray probably 1.5k, a decent but not inner panels etc spray maybe 2k, a proper stripped back full respray then significantly more.

Last edited:
If your on fb there are a few groups for t4s t5s and t6s , some camper vans for sale.
Was just about to post this. I’m in quite a few groups since I bought my T5 last September. @Wearside Wanderer II theres a van for sale in a group called ‘VW Transporters For Sale UK’. £7.5k. It’s the most reasonably priced van I’ve seen in ages. It’s in Newcastle. It’s a 2004 T5 with 140k on the clock. It’s a full camper with, sink, hob, full hook up. Hasn’t got windows in which is a bit weird for a full camper. Cosmetically it looks fantastic for its age. I cannot work out how to post a link on here.

I have friends who have one and while they do look fun, the whole "van life" thing doesn't appeal to me. Give me a nice hotel or B&B any day.

I have friends who have one and while they do look fun, the whole "van life" thing doesn't appeal to me. Give me a nice hotel or B&B any day.
They are excellent as a day van or for one night. Fishing or biking or even walking. The surfers love them. Somewhere to get changed and eat a meal in comfort.

Different things for different types of getaways tbh.

Obviously in terms of a comfy night, a proper hotel is far better.
But there's just something cosy about being in a field, with your own home-from-home.

Back