VW Campervan’s

Cool or not.

I know a few on here have one?

Seem to be at a premium price seen as nee one can go anywhere with any certainty.
30/40/50k for some, Christ I would need a mortgage to get one of them.
got me eye a couple as I’m not moving house now so gonna hoy some savings around.

Cool or not.

Seem to be at a premium price seen as nee one can go anywhere with any certainty.
got me eye a couple as I’m not moving house now so gonna hoy some savings around.

With travel restrictions, holidaying in the UK is at a premium so the costs of ownership has increased significantly.
When everyone returns to their week in Benny, the arse will fall out of that market and you’ll get one for a steal if you’re willing to wait two years.

With travel restrictions, holidaying in the UK is at a premium so the costs of ownership has increased significantly.
When everyone returns to their week in Benny, the arse will fall out of that market and you’ll get one for a steal if you’re willing to wait two years.

aye mindful they will drop considerably once flights are back on the go.
Got some inheritance burning a hole and some lockdown treble time from the missus sitting there waving at me 😀

Cool or not.

seen as cool but just too small to be really practical - especially if you are doing more than a weekend or have a couple of kids. Having the ability to stand up and walk about in a camper brings a whole new dynamic and comfort.

Convert yourself you will save thousands. Theres loads of DIY info on the internet.
The prices are crazy now but thats probably because of lockdown and the daft price of the new vw california.

I had a t5 caravelle, initially to convert to a camper but it worked better for us the way it was. The rear seat made a bed with an extension. Swivel bases for the front seats are around £150 and make the space much better to use, a must imo.
Had mine 2 year and used it daily as my main car. Sold it in lockdown for 2k more than it cost me.

I reckon I could make a very very tidy profit on mine. Bought as a panel van and a friend converted it for me for a good price. But it would be pointless as I'd only need to buy back in to the market.

Yes they're not as practical as a proper motorhome - but the majority of people who own them use them as their daily driver. I'd get it on my drive at my new house but when I bought it I lived on a terrace and wouldn't have been able to park a motorhome. And I needed a car for getting to work every day so would have needed to also own another car. The VW does both camper and 'car'.

For just one night getaways we can park up whereever - loads of pubs let you stop for free if you eat or drink there. Or just find secluded spots. If staying longer I've got an awning we can attach to the side to give more living space. It's great for days out - being able to park up in nice places and being able to bring the kitchen sink with you.

But, the money does stop at buying it. You keep on spending on them. I was never 'in to cars' and wouldn't have dreamed spending money modding them. But I can't stop with the van. Looks class mind.

Usually always spot a few beauts along Seaburn most days.

£50k plus fuel, maintenance, tax, insurance, site fees and possibly storage? Obviously you'd get some of your initial outlay back when you sell, but I'd sooner just book an Airbnb.

My daughter bought a new one when there was only 3 of them in the family . Now there's 4 and it simply isn't big enough . Even with a git big £2000 awning . The van itself was £55,000 , divint bother . Much better off with a big old caravan .

Everyone one has a VW, common as muck, I wouldn’t fancy another one now. I’d go for a Merc and convert that.
A mate bought a Vito. Absolute pile of shit and he sold it a month later.

A did once hire a Sprinter and liked that. But would still prefer a Crafter. That will be my next project. A Crafter conversion.

Old ones are cool but not practical.
Newer Transporter ones are not so cool but a good piece of kit. Hoping to get one of the latter soon. Seen a nice one the other day but it was white which isn't my colour.

Back