Visiting Bristol Rovers fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

hello Fella’s.

I’ll be coming up next weekend for the match just wondering where’s a decent place for a few drinks before and after. Must admit this was the first fixture I looked for when the fixtures came out with you being the biggest side with the biggest stadium. Shame it’s 10 days before Christmas. Are away fans still housed right up the top because I read something that you was closing the top tier but not sure.

We’ve sold over 1,000 tickets already and should be knocking on 2,000 come next Saturday which isn’t a bad following with us being bottom 4. I predict a 3-1 wins for you guys

All the best
Colliery Tavern is right next to the ground, Wheatsheaf is 5 mins walk away. Both welcoming to away supporters>
A short walk across the bridge and you're in the city centre with loads of busy friendly pubs. Lambton Worm is a wetherspoons too and gets canny lively too.

hello Fella’s.

I’ll be coming up next weekend for the match just wondering where’s a decent place for a few drinks before and after. Must admit this was the first fixture I looked for when the fixtures came out with you being the biggest side with the biggest stadium. Shame it’s 10 days before Christmas. Are away fans still housed right up the top because I read something that you was closing the top tier but not sure.

We’ve sold over 1,000 tickets already and should be knocking on 2,000 come next Saturday which isn’t a bad following with us being bottom 4. I predict a 3-1 wins for you guys

All the best
Only one choice. The Colliery Tavern right opposite the SOL. Reasonable beer but great company. Away fans welcome. Burgers and that stuff outside together with additional bars, but lots of it tented.

You are welcomeed by me, I watched both of your teams when I lived in the Limpley Stoke Valley several decades ago.

Hogans (about a 15 min walk from ground) is a vibrant up and coming little gastro bar. Serves a decent selection of ales and really nice food at affordable prices. They have a match day special on where if you enter and hold your arms out and say (who wants it then?!) which is the pubs motto, you get entered into a prize draw and could win 10 pints.

Lovely place Bristol! But not as good as Bath! haha

Does Bath have a football team?
It does. But most of the wannabe Londoners who live there can be snotty nosed. I once worked in Bath but chose to live in the Limpley Stoke Valley a few miles south of those prescious gits for six lovely years.

As a result of the snot, Bath City is not well supported. A shame because it's a nice statium and the fans are great.

Yeah it is. Peacock is alright but has gone downhill on my last couple of visits, less choice.

Mexico 70 is great for quick good tapas style and gas gas wylam beer on.

Yeah Mexico 70 is canny if you just want a sup as well.

At the other side of town there’s The Manor, Sam’s Bar, Justice, Sloan’s and the Church Door.

As has been mentioned most pubs and fans are welcoming to visitors.
If you want a punch up, most pubs on the route into town or the stadium will be happy to help out. Try the Tram Car in Southwick or south of the river there's Oddies on Hylton Rd which should be accommodating.
Great stuff.

Reactions: sol
hello Fella’s.

All the best
That'll do for bomber

I'm heading to Bristol for the return game, is it alright for away fans around your ground? Where's decent for drinking? Bristol it's self is a great city to be fair, up there with the Liverpool's, Newcastle, Edinburgh and Manchester's for drinking sessions

He hasn't replied yet, so I will. There aren't that many pubs close to the Memorial Ground, and the ones that are don't have a reputation for being terribly welcoming to away fans. Best bet will be to drink in the city centre, then get a bus along the Gloucester Road - there are plenty of these, and it's a flat rate £2.50 fare, unless you download the First Bus app and buy e-tickets, which brings the price down a bit.

He hasn't replied yet, so I will. There aren't that many pubs close to the Memorial Ground, and the ones that are don't have a reputation for being terribly welcoming to away fans. Best bet will be to drink in the city centre, then get a bus along the Gloucester Road - there are plenty of these, and it's a flat rate £2.50 fare, unless you download the First Bus app and buy e-tickets, which brings the price down a bit.

Excellent cheers GOM I appreciate that. Surprised that Bristol Rovers fans aren't over welcoming? In my head they're a set of chilled out folk down on the Somerset border.

Colliery Tavern is right next to the ground, Wheatsheaf is 5 mins walk away. Both welcoming to away supporters>
A short walk across the bridge and you're in the city centre with loads of busy friendly pubs. Lambton Worm is a wetherspoons too and gets canny lively too.
LW was sold by Wetherspoons about 6 months ago.

Was being done out last week, not sure if it's reopened?

Excellent cheers GOM I appreciate that. Surprised that Bristol Rovers fans aren't over welcoming? In my head they're a set of chilled out folk down on the Somerset border.

It's more a question of a lack of pubs, I reckon, although, like any club, they have their quota of dickheads.

If you are out and about early, The Lambton Worm or Jameson's in town is a good bet.. If you want to get closer to the ground leading up towards kick off then the Wheatsheaf (with nutty comedian Wee Phillie upstairs) or the Colliery Tavern (2 minutes walk to the away end) should be good for you..

I don't think the worm is a wetherspoons anymore, but I could be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back