Visiting Bristol Rovers fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

hello Fella’s.

I’ll be coming up next weekend for the match just wondering where’s a decent place for a few drinks before and after. Must admit this was the first fixture I looked for when the fixtures came out with you being the biggest side with the biggest stadium. Shame it’s 10 days before Christmas. Are away fans still housed right up the top because I read something that you was closing the top tier but not sure.

We’ve sold over 1,000 tickets already and should be knocking on 2,000 come next Saturday which isn’t a bad following with us being bottom 4. I predict a 3-1 wins for you guys

All the best

As always with this question, depends what sort of drinker you are and what you drink. I like real ale/traditional sort of pubs, so for me it would be Ivy House, Chaplins near bus station, Dun Cow, Fitzgeralds, Fire Station in the town centre near the Empire Theatre , then Ship Isis just off the town centre. There are also 3 Wetherspoons in the town centre as well, Cooper Rose, Williams Jamieson and Lambton Worm.

I find this useful when planning away days

Ivy House, Sunderland

My local pub down on the sea front is always well filled with away supporters some wearing colours and it’s well known in away clubs recommendations. Never any problems. It’s called The Harbour View, has six handpulls serving real ale, probably now the best real ale pub in Sunderland plus all the other fizzy stuff. It’s about 15-20mins to walk to the ground from the pub but the owner puts a match day bus on which leaves 30mins before KO, costs a quid and drops you off right st the ground. Hope that helps.

As always with this question, depends what sort of drinker you are and what you drink. I like real ale/traditional sort of pubs, so for me it would be Ivy House, Chaplins near bus station, Dun Cow, Fitzgeralds, Fire Station in the town centre near the Empire Theatre , then Ship Isis just off the town centre. There are also 3 Wetherspoons in the town centre as well, Cooper Rose, Williams Jamieson and Lambton Worm.

I find this useful when planning away days

Ivy House, Sunderland
Lambton Worm no longer a Wetherspoon’s pub, just for info

Last edited:
My local pub down on the sea front is always well filled with away supporters some wearing colours and it’s well known in away clubs recommendations. Never any problems. It’s called The Harbour View, has six handpulls serving real ale, probably now the best real ale pub in Sunderland plus all the other fizzy stuff. It’s about 15-20mins to walk to the ground from the pub but the owner puts a match day bus on which leaves 30mins before KO, costs a quid and drops you off right st the ground. Hope that helps.

My (matchday) local. I can vouch for the above. Do you get in on matchdays mate?

Why've you posted this now mate?

We're playing Bristol Rovers away. The original thread was about the home game in December.

Odd bump mate.

Not been in there in ages. Better than the Dun Cow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back