. . Virtual tickets . . .link in 1st post..£160K Smashed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cracking idea. Really hope it happens.
Raise money for the foundation or similar (a bit for the fans museum would be class as well like), and would be an early chance to show the new owner what SAFC is all about. I'd jump at the chance to have a virtual ticket for the game, we've got to win at Wembley eventually and I want some form of ticket regardless of not being able to attend the bloody thing! If it raises money for good causes then all the better
We wont get people to pay for virtual tickets if the money is going to the club man. People already have SKY subscriptions etc. Fans have given the club season ticket money for this year already with nothing delivered in return and I reckon a fair few wont even ask for or claim any refund due to the circumstances.

The whole Idea of this is a charitable gesture that would be great for local charities. Its actually nothing to do with the club. If they got behind it would help hugely though. If done well we could generate national interest and get supporters of other clubs who are not invloved to chip in.

Could definitely try and get Portsmouth and Salford to do similar with their match being the day before. Hell, us and Portsmouth could do the usual dick measuring thing and see who can sell the most, just with the benefit of local charities benefiting

Last edited:

Thought everyone would be heading for a weekend in London invading CG and TS then watching it in the pubs round Wembley?
Trouble is the Met will be delighted to set an example of any Mackems or scousers (or Pompey /Mancs) hanging around Wembley/London, this will be Wembley's first weekend of fixtures for quite a while. Easy opportunity for them to get the Covid message across😭😭😭😭

Who is the lad who got elected as the spokesman? Maybe get him to raise this with the club? Get loads of publicity going and I reckon even a few mags would buy tickets.
Of course they would they love a bit of infiltration! (I'm sure they would btw, just for the craic and obviously for charity)
Cracking idea. Really hope it happens.
Raise money for the foundation or similar (a bit for the fans museum would be class as well like), and would be an early chance to show the new owner what SAFC is all about. I'd jump at the chance to have a virtual ticket for the game, we've got to win at Wembley eventually and I want some form of ticket regardless of not being able to attend the bloody thing! If it raises money for good causes then all the better

Could definitely try and get Portsmouth and Salford to do similar with their match being the day before. Hell, us and Portsmouth could do the usual dick measuring thing and see who can sell the most, just with the benefit of local charities benefiting
We HAVE bigger dicks, they ARE bigger dicks, just to clear that up 😄😉

Last edited:
It's a cracking idea. It would be good to get the club onboard, they could easily put a few prizes together for a random draw which would boost the sales as well. If they put say a couple of season tickets for next season (given that we won't sell out anyway), maybe a hospitality day where someone gets to meet some of the team or management, and a signed shirt from the final, I think they'd sell many more tickets. They could then name 5 charities in the city that they will split the money between. It would be a fantastic gesture and great publicity.

We wont get people to pay for virtual tickets if the money is going to the club man. People already have SKY subscriptions etc. Fans have given the club season ticket money for this year already with nothing delivered in return and I reckon a fair few wont even ask for or claim any refund due to the circumstances.

The whole Idea of this is a charitable gesture that would be great for local charities. Its actually nothing to do with the club. If they got behind it would help hugely though. If done well we could generate national interest and get supporters of other clubs who are not invloved to chip in.
This, I wouldn’t pay for a virtual ticket if the money was going to the club but would 100% if it was going to charity. It’s a brilliant idea like and hope something comes of it.

Just because he’s a billionaire doesn’t mean he’s going to throw a load of money into the club, we still have to be sustainable and in the current climate, we won’t be.

Well the fans donating hundreds of thousands to the club isn’t sustainable either
Thats a great idea, I think if the club picked the right charity and took none of the money themselves fans of other clubs might also buy tickets....
You know who are our owners are, right?

Last edited:
I’d definitely buy some tickets. Charity’s such as Foundation of light, Bradley Lowery foundation, local food banks, the Salvation Army etc. I’d be happy for the club to take a share but Charlie and stewy can keep their fingers out aswell, they get fuckall

Last edited:
Just as an additional note, I work for a different NE club CCO and the struggle for funding projects is an ongoing battle made even more challenging in the last year with Covid. An opportunity here to basically run a single project for an entire year or more, safeguarding jobs of local people.
Could you explain your last sentence ?

It's a cracking idea. It would be good to get the club onboard, they could easily put a few prizes together for a random draw which would boost the sales as well. If they put say a couple of season tickets for next season (given that we won't sell out anyway), maybe a hospitality day where someone gets to meet some of the team or management, and a signed shirt from the final, I think they'd sell many more tickets. They could then name 5 charities in the city that they will split the money between. It would be a fantastic gesture and great publicity.

Anything that involves a chance of winning something comes under lottery legislation rather than charitable giving and also means that donations can’t have gift aid applied (potentially and extra, free, 25% on top of the donation to the charity).

I’d imagine fans would happily get behind it without incentives anyway tbh. More so if it’s a fan-led thing rather than something with CM slimey opportunistic finger prints in it.

It probably won’t be as simple as this . The EFL will have charitable partners who they will be likely to be in a contractual relationship with . Their member clubs may not be allowed to fundraise for other charities directly using the final as a reason

Thought everyone would be heading for a weekend in London invading CG and TS then watching it in the pubs round Wembley?
I hope no one is seriously considering travelling down to London for the weekend unless rules change dramatically, which they might who know where we'll be at that time.

We'd be public enemy number one if thousands of us were seen partying in Trafalgar Square.

Such a shame as well as we'd probably have got close to 60k tickets for the final.

I hope no one is seriously considering travelling down to London for the weekend unless rules change dramatically, which they might who know where we'll be at that time.

We'd be public enemy number one if thousands of us were seen partying in Trafalgar Square.

Such a shame as well as we'd probably have got close to 60k tickets for the final.
We’ve got a good number of fans living in the big smoke. Nothing to stop them doing a bit exercise by getting to Wembley walking up Wembley way and hanging a few flags up 😎

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back