. . Virtual tickets . . .link in 1st post..£160K Smashed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trouble is the Met will be delighted to set an example of any Mackems or scousers (or Pompey /Mancs) hanging around Wembley/London, this will be Wembley's first weekend of fixtures for quite a while. Easy opportunity for them to get the Covid message across😭😭😭😭
And that’s without the gravy stained bastards rocking up to watch us as usual too

Just as an additional note, I work for a different NE club CCO and the struggle for funding projects is an ongoing battle made even more challenging in the last year with Covid. An opportunity here to basically run a single project for an entire year or more, safeguarding jobs of local people.

What's a CCO? (Genuine question).

What's a CCO? (Genuine question).

Club community organisation.
Could you explain your last sentence ?

So any CCO or foundation is a charity, therefore they rely on donations and in most cases funding from external sources (councils, the Premier League, EFL) to run projects in the community. Generally the funding goes into staff wages and then having enough in the pot to buy equipment for the project, put on events for the project etc etc. If we were to buy 50k tickets and £10 a head we'd be into the realms of securing the future of a couple of projects within a CCO for at least a year, and thus the jobs of the people who work within those projects.

Last edited:
Thats an incredibly bitter attitude.

I won’t forget, I was there and it was blatant cheating by Aldridge & co. But their actions would never be a reason to deprive worthy charities of help.

I accept it is a bitter attitude. I am treating this as two separate, but associated, issues.

1. Is the idea of getting a cherished ticket stub and contributing to charities (local)

2. Is my utter contempt for blatant cheating that I cannot forgive.

I am happy to be a part of the former but I would rather we did it ourselves.

And anyway - it’s my birthday - don’t get on my back today! Let’s share a virtual beer and hope for our first glorious Wembley win since 1973.

@Roger

This is a brilliant idea and I genuinely hope the club has the facility to get it going. Mind it looks awful and is a none starter if it’s about the club making money. Cover costs. The rest charity and I’m in.

Helping the club out as a one off at a difficult time?

Anyhow that aside, great idea and a fantastic cause.

The already-very well-off owners could pay back some of the money they 'borrowed' and wrote off before the working-class fans put their hands in their pockets

Mags at our games again? :evil:

I would donate to the right charity if this was the right idea, to be honest I didn't know the game was on last night, only found out this morning as one of the lads at work is a SAFC fan....

I wouldn't watch as I haven't watched one of these finals yet, have no interest in it, don't be so negative about someone wanting to support a charity by making it about a football rivalry man....

I think its a great idea and I would purchase a virtual ticket.

Foundation of Light / Beacon of Light, local Fooodbank and young Bradley's charity say. Im sure we would all get behind it.

I'd buy one of it is going to charity.

If it goes anywhere near Donald or the other bluffer as a means of justifying revenue then there is no chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back