Vikings (TV series)

Just finished it. The time and age spand is out of control and I reckon the best time to have stopped this final series would have been after the second episode. The rest of the episodes have both good and bad spells. Overall I enjoyed all six series but agree with @Charmless Man about the first two-three series being excellent. They were hard acts to follow.
Probably never will be.

They are on Netflix in Scandinavia though I have never understood that with it being an HBO series. Second part of final series isn't up there yet but all the previous series are.

Last edited:
Love it. It’s not historically accurate nor is it meant to be, but it was entertaining. Stirred my interest in Viking and Saxon history around that time too.

Love it. It’s not historically accurate nor is it meant to be, but it was entertaining. Stirred my interest in Viking and Saxon history around that time too.

I think if you look away from that and just watch it as it is without thinking too much about timeline facts then it is very much worth a watch. Am glad I watched it. Athelstan was always my favourite character. His growing bromance with Ragnar made wonderful telly.

Also, we have been talking about this series since 2014. How time flies.

Last edited:
I think if you look away from that and just watch it as it is without thinking too much about timeline facts then it is very much worth a watch. Am glad I watched it. Athelstan was always my favourite character. His growing bromance with Ragnar made wonderful telly.

Also, we have been talking about this series since 2014. How time flies.
Yes the speech when he said his goodbyes actually made me cry brilliant acting

Yes the speech when he said his goodbyes actually made me cry brilliant acting

The episode in one of the early series set in Northumbria where Ragnar goes up to Athelstan and they talk about Ragnar sailing back home. When he asks Athelstan if he wants to come with him or 'stay with your people' had me tearing up, too. I know it sounds very silly but I saw myself in Athelstan's place and if ever asked the same question I would be in inner turmoil, too. Having a foot on both sides at that point made it the perfect scene for me. It was almost too emotional for me to watch. Of all the episodes in all the series that one stands out for me still. The bonding between the two of them was just so good.

Had heard but not watched it. Binged all 6 series over the last 8 weeks when inducing realised I had Amazon prime on me telly.

Tremendous series. One of my favourites. Loved the last episode to finish it all.

Back