Vikings (TV series)

😄 I was sold when the Roman character tried to escape early on and laid a twig across a tiny stream for him to cross on. When he could easily just have stepped across it.

Aye hes gutted coming from a then cultured Rome to the dark ages as a Viking slave.

Hope dont have too long to wait for the 4th season.

I started a thread on it a while back. Didn't get much reaction so I thought not many people liked it.

You seen norsemen on Netflix?

Comedy piss take of the old Viking ways. Its brilliant I only recently found it and binge watched it.

Same here. I couldnt work out if it was funny or just crap but found myself wanting to watch episode after episode.

Lots of funny bits, when they're executing someone on a pole and they're at the bottom chatting about what they're going to have for tea or when the Vikings are having a meeting to discuss work life balance during expeditions to England.

Same here. I couldnt work out if it was funny or just crap but found myself wanting to watch episode after episode.

Lots of funny bits, when they're executing someone on a pole and they're at the bottom chatting about what they're going to have for tea or when the Vikings are having a meeting to discuss work life balance during expeditions to England.

Its brilliant there taking the piss out of some of the old Viking traditions and it's trying to show them as thick as a castle wall.

Hence why the Roman tries to out smart them.

Final ten episodes begin 30 December. Three weeks from now.

looks like i'll have to avoid this thread until early March

Episode Airtime on SBS
Episode 1 - King Of KingsWednesday 6 January 8:30PM
Episode 2 - All Change​
Wednesday 6 January 9:20PM
Episode 3 - The Signal​
Wednesday 13 January 9:30PM
Episode 4 - Lost Souls​
Wednesday 20 January 9:30PM
Episode 5 - All At Sea​
Wednesday 27 January 9:30PM
Episode 6 - The Final Straw​
Wednesday 3 February 9:30PM
Episode 7 - The Raft of Medusa​
Wednesday 10 February 9:30PM
Episode 8 - It's Only Magic​
Wednesday 17 February 9:30PM
Episode 9 - The Lord Giveth​
Wednesday 24 February 9:30PM
Episode 10 - The Last Act​
Wednesday 3 March 9:30PM

Would you (collectively) say it's worth a watch then?
Mrs K and me have been looking for a new series we'd both enjoy for ages and haven't stumbled across anything yet.

I'm up for watching Chernobyl and The Queen's Gambit but I'll probably have to give her a decent synopsis before she commits to it and falls asleep 10 minutes in :lol:

Aye the first half of series 6 but only the first episode of the second half.
They're all up now

Would you (collectively) say it's worth a watch then?
Mrs K and me have been looking for a new series we'd both enjoy for ages and haven't stumbled across anything yet.

I'm up for watching Chernobyl and The Queen's Gambit but I'll probably have to give her a decent synopsis before she commits to it and falls asleep 10 minutes in :lol:

The first 2-3 seasons are excellent. The rest are watchable but it’s been running out of steam.

There are some wad-tastic lasses in it which should help convince your missus.

Back