Vaux

Status
Not open for further replies.
but the outline plans just show the seaburn centre and pullman lodge space being replaced by a lot of 3 story boxes. And why are their no detailed plans about what will go into those spaces? this has been going on for ages, do we have anybody interested in taking a lease inside yet? if so, who? if not why not?
Because it's an outline plan and not a detailed plan FFS :lol::lol:

Seriously, do even a little research...ask a couple of questions. There is a lot in the public domain. Have you been to any of the workshops?

The outline proposal and accompanying video of the proposed seaburn development is the antithesis of inspiring.

We need landmarks down there not houses or square boxes filled with more places that sell shite food.

Start with the roundabout opposite the Marriott. Commission a piece of art/statue/sculpture/Trevi fountains Mark 2 on it...i dunno, f***ing something that will actually signal intent.

We actually need houses too

Comparison with London as a whole is laughable, but comparison of similar sized buildings in not.

Yes it is. London is one of the richest and most populous cities in the world. For buildings of a similar size they are going to hoy a lot more money at it down in the smoke.

Last edited:

The outline proposal and accompanying video of the proposed seaburn development is the antithesis of inspiring.

We need landmarks down there not houses or square boxes filled with more places that sell shite food.

Start with the roundabout opposite the Marriott. Commission a piece of art/statue/sculpture/Trevi fountains Mark 2 on it...i dunno, f***ing something that will actually signal intent.
There are already a number of businesses that attract people outside the area, the two I can think of straightaway are The Salt House Kitchen and (bear with me) Go Bananas

The Salt House (and to an extent Latimers and Martinos) represent the kind of high end cafe culture WDSC bang on about but instead they courted a corporate chain who seemed reluctant to move in to the finished shoebox.

Go Bananas isn't exactly glamorous but it fills a need that reaches out to the surrounding area. It's often packed and is used for market research because of the variety of people that turn up there.

In this case I'm not saying approach the owners but expand on that idea because it's ripe for development.

Better than boxes and corporate coin even if it is harder to implement

There are already a number of businesses that attract people outside the area, the two I can think of straightaway are The Salt House Kitchen and (bear with me) Go Bananas

The Salt House (and to an extent Latimers and Martinos) represent the kind of high end cafe culture WDSC bang on about but instead they courted a corporate chain who seemed reluctant to move in to the finished shoebox.

Go Bananas isn't exactly glamorous but it fills a need that reaches out to the surrounding area. It's often packed and is used for market research because of the variety of people that turn up there.

In this case I'm not saying approach the owners but expand on that idea because it's ripe for development.

Better than boxes and corporate coin even if it is harder to implement

Incorrect. Sunderland Council had nothing to do with the tenants

^^This, the most worrying thing is how those involved and thinking how good it all is. Striving to be mediocre at best.

Because it's an outline plan and not a detailed plan FFS :lol::lol:

Seriously, do even a little research...ask a couple of questions. There is a lot in the public domain. Have you been to any of the workshops?

We actually need houses too

Yes it is. London is one of the richest and most populous cities in the world. For buildings of a similar size they are going to hoy a lot more money at it down in the smoke.
So now we're getting the answer, we don't have the money, so we're going to build cheap boxes. And why do we need houses? I though Sunderland's population was decreasing?

And how many years has this been going on for, I remember one of the sessions at the Seaburn centre that must have been over 5 years ago. Surely, now you must have one interested party for a lease???

Incorrect. Sunderland Council had nothing to do with the tenants
So who did?

Last edited:
^^This, the most worrying thing is how those involved and thinking how good it all is. Striving to be mediocre at best.

So now we're getting the answer, we don't have the money, so we're going to build cheap boxes. And why do we need houses? I though Sunderland's population was decreasing?

And how many years has this been going on for, I remember one of the sessions at the Seaburn centre that must have been over 5 years ago. Surely, now you must have one interested party for a lease???

So who did?

We need houses because Sunderland's population is decreasing. It's really very obvious that there is a demographic of people who want aspirational homes in a great location that are perhaps not available in Sunderland and so people are leaving. The same goes for facilities, retails, leisure, etc. Do you want lawyers and brain surgeons to settle down in Marley Pots?

The Siglion deal was signed in November 2014 so not sure what it was you were looking at 'over 5 years ago'.

Yes, they have interested parties for a lease. Do you expect them to consult you before they sign them up? Maybe get your advice on colour schemes and fit out? I'm pretty sure that there are some commercial sensitivities to sort out before they go public. But if you even done a tiny bit of research or attended any of the workshop sessions, or even popped in to the echo building for a chat with Siglion you would know that they are looking to get the right commercial operators involved....they don't want poundland or B&M bargains or that type of thing.

Also on Vaux Building 1 they have tenants lined up...there has just been an announcement that part of the budget for interior fit out has been pushed into the 2018/19 financial year to suit the requirements of the tenants.

Seriously...why not find out a little bit about it before moaning?

So who did?

Eh??? The bloke who owns the building of course. Why would you think the council would be lining up tenants for a building they don't own?

Last edited:
We need houses because Sunderland's population is decreasing. It's really very obvious that there is a demographic of people who want aspirational homes in a great location that are perhaps not available in Sunderland and so people are leaving. The same goes for facilities, retails, leisure, etc. Do you want lawyers and brain surgeons to settle down in Marley Pots?

The Siglion deal was signed in November 2014 so not sure what it was you were looking at 'over 5 years ago'.

Yes, they have interested parties for a lease. Do you expect them to consult you before they sign them up? Maybe get your advice on colour schemes and fit out? I'm pretty sure that there are some commercial sensitivities to sort out before they go public. But if you even done a tiny bit of research or attended any of the workshop sessions, or even popped in to the echo building for a chat with Siglion you would know that they are looking to get the right commercial operators involved....they don't want poundland or B&M bargains or that type of thing.

Also on Vaux Building 1 they have tenants lined up...there has just been an announcement that part of the budget for interior fit out has been pushed into the 2018/19 financial year to suit the requirements of the tenants.

Seriously...why not find out a little bit about it before moaning?

Eh??? The bloke who owns the building of course. Why would you think the council would be lining up tenants for a building they don't own?
I heard a whisper boris mate maybe you can shed a bit light on it. I heard the council have been poaching tennants from doxford international? Any truth in that?

Do you want lawyers and brain surgeons to settle down in Marley Pots?
Well done, you've just proven to be even more of a helmet than you already were.

Im guessing you live down seaburn way? Cos that kind of supercillious remark is typical of the self important, arrogant aresholes that pervade SR6.

I heard a whisper boris mate maybe you can shed a bit light on it. I heard the council have been poaching tennants from doxford international? Any truth in that?

I've heard the same rumours if you're talking about Fusion?? I have no insider knowledge but I think it would be a good thing.

I used to work for Convergys in Newcastle, and they were a call centre provider supporting multilingual services to clients and you had a lot of young people there living and spending their money (all the local pubs were full after work) roundabouts. Would be great to have that kind of buzz on Vaux but I think Fusion might be slightly lower end business.

Well done, you've just proven to be even more of a helmet than you already were.

Im guessing you live down seaburn way? Cos that kind of supercillious remark is typical of the self important, arrogant aresholes that pervade SR6.

:lol: :lol:

I do indeed marra but I'm just over the border in Roker since 12 months ago.

OK so I have perhaps over-egged with this example (Sorry to the good brain surgeons and lawyers of Marley Potts) but if you have a bit of coin in your pocket you are going to want the nicest house you can get in the nicest area possible, with the best facilities. People are living and working in Newcastle, just 12 miles down the road, because it has more going for it. Sunderland is the only UK city with a population that declined in the last census...those with social mobility are (in some cases) leaving. We need to give them the homes and career opportunities that we just don't have in Sunderland today. The rest is your opinion versus mine of what constitutes good development....I applaud progress, you demand excellence. I am saying that excellence will not happen overnight and it will take a number of attempts to get there...don't throw your toys out of the pram at the first milestone.

tbf I think the move away from the city is because of the price of housing on the out skirts. Ex mining villages i.e. around Durham. Mates just bought a house in shotton. Four bed detached brand new for a steal.

I do indeed marra but I'm just over the border in Roker since 12 months ago.

OK so I have perhaps over-egged with this example (Sorry to the good brain surgeons and lawyers of Marley Potts) but if you have a bit of coin in your pocket you are going to want the nicest house you can get in the nicest area possible, with the best facilities. People are living and working in Newcastle, just 12 miles down the road, because it has more going for it. Sunderland is the only UK city with a population that declined in the last census...those with social mobility are (in some cases) leaving. We need to give them the homes and career opportunities that we just don't have in Sunderland today. The rest is your opinion versus mine of what constitutes good development....I applaud progress, you demand excellence. I am saying that excellence will not happen overnight and it will take a number of attempts to get there...don't throw your toys out of the pram at the first mile
I applaud progress, you demand excellence.

In your world those ideals are mutually exclusive.

In my world they go hand in hand.

What about a rusty crane?

The most worrying part is the clowns thinking an outline plan is actually whats going to get build

....and moshy still refusing to tell us all what's actually good. From his silence he obviously thinks the promotory looks fantastic (I think it looks shite)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back