Vaux

Status
Not open for further replies.
The most worrying part is the clowns thinking an outline plan is actually whats going to get build

....and moshy still refusing to tell us all what's actually good. From his silence he obviously thinks the promotory looks fantastic (I think it looks shite)

You've hit the nail on the head here.

At least Mosher is half-way informed about some of this stuff. Most of the people complaining on here haven't got the first clue about what's going on and how the planning process work...and they have no interest in finding out, they just want to moan about the f***ing council

tbf I think the move away from the city is because of the price of housing on the out skirts. Ex mining villages i.e. around Durham. Mates just bought a house in shotton. Four bed detached brand new for a steal.

Housing in Sunderland isnt that expensive anyway. If anything people are wanting out of the pit villages and theres a reason why houses there are a steal.

The most worrying part is the clowns thinking an outline plan is actually whats going to get build

....and moshy still refusing to tell us all what's actually good. From his silence he obviously thinks the promotory looks fantastic (I think it looks shite)
WDSC being honest for once, if you don't think hoying up boxes with no clear sense of purpose or direction is worthy of praise then you're a clown

You probably think Streetscape was the act that won BGT last year

WDSC being honest for once, if you don't think hoying up boxes with no clear sense of purpose or direction is worthy of praise then you're a clown

You probably think Streetscape was the act that won BGT last year

None of that relates to what i said.

Why not every other city then?
Because over the last ten year there as been loads of houses built around in these small pit villages. Easington, shotton, boldon, peterlee, sacriston, and people get more for there money. As a city we have a lot of land lying empty last year where people once lived.

Housing in Sunderland isnt that expensive anyway. If anything people are wanting out of the pit villages and theres a reason why houses there are a steal.
Eh? Nee chance? My pals son paid £110k in sacriston for a house about a year ago. Same house at ford estate is £140k. Not all cases mind but who is buying the houses in the pit villages if they want out?

OP is about Vaux. It's been a f***ing nightmare since day one. Let's not forget that.

Last edited:
Because over the last ten year there as been loads of houses built around in these small pit villages. Easington, shotton, boldon, peterlee, sacriston, and people get more for there money. As a city we have a lot of land lying empty last year where people once lived.

Eh? Nee chance? My pals son paid £110k in sacriston for a house about a year ago. Same house at ford estate is £140k. Not all cases mind but who is buying the houses in the pit villages if they want out?

OP is about Vaux. It's been a f***ing nightmare since day one. Let's not forget that.
There's no difference between Sunderland and other cities in that respect. The population is not dropping because they're moving to Seaham, Sacriston and Shotton

There's no difference between Sunderland and other cities in that respect. The population is not dropping because they're moving to Seaham, Sacriston and Shotton
Why then?

Why then?
And who's buying these houses borros?

Why then?

Also seems to me like you hob nob with the council
I pay my council tax just like you so I will say what I want.
The labour council is poor.
It's run by councillors who in my opinion run it for there own gain. So much so even London press write sarcastic pieces on them and all the while they have people like you who defend them to the hilt. You think ya know everything because you volunteer for a few things.
They get paid thousands for this shit and ask for volunteers. And you volunteer for bubbly and smoked. Salmon canopies. Get in the trenches mate av told ya about two people I know who av moved to Durham.
Good job Washington is Sunderland cos I know about five who av moved to teal farm because of price. The next project your on giz a shout and I will volunteer and I will speak my mind and see how far I get. Out the f***ing door that's where. I turned up at a meeting for the sea front and asked for bin on the pier and the rep said that a different story.

Last edited:
Why then?

Also seems to me like you hob nob with the council
I pay my council tax just like you so I will say what I want.
The labour council is poor.
It's run by councillors who in my opinion run it for there own gain. So much so even London press write sarcastic pieces on them and all the while they have people like you who defend them to the hilt. You think ya know everything because you volunteer for a few things.
They get paid thousands for this shit and ask for volunteers. And you volunteer for bubbly and smoked. Salmon canopies. Get in the trenches mate av told ya about two people I know who av moved to Durham.
Good job Washington is Sunderland cos I know about five who av moved to teal farm because of price. The next project your on giz a shout and I will volunteer and I will speak my mind and see how far I get. Out the f***ing door that's where. I turned up at a meeting for the sea front and asked for bin on the pier and the rep said that a different story.

Two main reasons seem to be the themes of most of the reports on the subject. Lack of career opportunities and lack of housing. I guess the Siglion venture tries to address both. Bring business into the city and have homes that the people who work in those businesses will want to live in.

Siglion invited me in for a chat (They have invited many residents in) and I had a short chat with the CEO. He's originally from down south but he was saying how he has to go to tyneside for medical care and for many other things because those professionals would rather live in Newcastle.

With a bit of development there's every reason for people to want to live here, particularly because we have a beautiful coastline 5 minutes from the city centre....even if you work on Tyneside, Sunderland should be a place that people want to come home to live in.

Some interesting musings from him:

http://www.bqlive.co.uk/north-east-...an-transforming-the-sunderland-skyline-27690/

I don't hobnob with the council mate ....never met any of them. I know you have a running battle with them but I have no issues with them so long as they improve this city...don't even care if the get some champagne and caviar out of it if they deliver results.

Teal Farm is a good example of what we're talking about here...people want to move there to get a nice house even though it stinks of shit and is infested with flies. Put the same houses in Seaburn and you would be inundated with people wanting to move there. Look at the Bett/Avant homes built next to the rifle range....prices from £285k to £500k and £100k more than the same houses in Marton which is a reasonably nice suburb of middlesbrough.

I have no problem whatsoever with anyone wanting to improve Sunderland.

Reactions: 42

That completely backs up my point.
The price of a house isnt just the size of it. Its also access to transport links, enployment opportunities, leisure facilities, reputation of local schools etc.

Now my house is a new build. Theres been the same type built in a number of places in east durham in recent times. The price difference is smaller than your example so Sacriston must be worse than i originally thought. Lets be honest it kind of in the middle of nowhere. Doesnt have great transport links to anywhere other than Durham probably which in itself is quite poor for shopping. You pay for what you get. If you just want big house on the cheap and arent bothered about the rest, then great you can get a bargain in the pit villages. I reckon most people want a bit more. Thats why they generallt flock to the cities.

Funny I always had you down as one of the better posters on here. Seems you're just as big a weapon as the other dipshits on here.

Whereas sticking your fingers in your ears going 'la la la la' makes you a great poster, eh?

Care to actually answer questions?

Last edited:
That completely backs up my point.
The price of a house isnt just the size of it. Its also access to transport links, enployment opportunities, leisure facilities, reputation of local schools etc.

Now my house is a new build. Theres been the same type built in a number of places in east durham in recent times. The price difference is smaller than your example so Sacriston must be worse than i originally thought. Lets be honest it kind of in the middle of nowhere. Doesnt have great transport links to anywhere other than Durham probably which in itself is quite poor for shopping. You pay for what you get. If you just want big house on the cheap and arent bothered about the rest, then great you can get a bargain in the pit villages. I reckon most people want a bit more. Thats why they generallt flock to the cities.

Whereas sticking your fingers in your ears going 'la la la la' makes you a great poster, eh?

Care to actually answer questions?
What question for God's sake ? It's hard to discern anything cogent from your inane babble to be fair.

Go on, ask away ....

Doesn't hoy his duds at gadgies though
As opposed to whom?

What question for God's sake ? It's hard to discern anything cogent from your inane babble to be fair.

Go on, ask away ....

As opposed to whom?

For the FIFTH time ffs :rolleyes: the Promotory
Thoughts?

No doubt you'll just ignore this one like the last 4

Haven't read thread, will do tomorrow as it looks lively and it's about an important issue. However one thing that strikes me is that Sunderland may be a good city for the mayor model, to cut through local long standing political structures that may perhaps (I stress perhaps) have a touch of the moribund about them. Would love to see someone like Paul Callaghan as mayor. Strikes me as a bloke who a) loves Sunderland and b) is visionary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back