VAR

It’s worked all wrong and seems like the lads in VAR office don’t know what they are allowed to let go or overturn decisions etc, As the time between the offence and actually correct decision is too long and adding unnecessary drama to the game imo.

It should only be used IF a team captain or manager requests and they have two calls a game.

If they use it and is correct they keep their two calls but if its incorrect they lose said call. It could be used for offsides goals or penalty against decisions

That should be it

This would literally solve the problems over night.

That’s just plainly not true. The new rule is only if the handball leads to a goal, as in today’s case. The rule is different for defending teams, and is a reworded version of the old rule needing a deliberate handball or accidental with an unnatural position. Simple reality is that you could have a situation where the ball hits a defenders hand, deflects onto an attackers hand, both accidentally, then down to someone who scores and the goal would be disallowed and only the second handball penalised but not the first
I stand corrected mate, misinterpreted the 'handball means handball' mantra

No. Which is why the rule is so poor. Can’t have a different rule for different players based on location and consequence

The Germans have had it two years already. Likewise the Italians. Both despise it. Cricket is different as there are natural breaks of play and the decisions made are factual, such as lbw and whether it hit the bat, whereas football is subjective.
This but in cricket the teams have so many appeals about decisions and every single wicket is not scrutinised and the umpires decision is upheld unless overruled by crickets equivalent of VAR at the request of the team questioning the validity of the decision.

This but in cricket the teams have so many appeals about decisions and every single wicket is not scrutinised and the umpires decision is upheld unless overruled by crickets equivalent of VAR at the request of the team questioning the validity of the decision.

What I prefer about the cricket is the soft decision and the umpires call. It gives the infield umpires the final decision on everything but absolute shockers which is how VAR should work - should only be overturned when something is obviously wrong.

What I prefer about the cricket is the soft decision and the umpires call. It gives the infield umpires the final decision on everything but absolute shockers which is how VAR should work - should only be overturned when something is obviously wrong.
[/QUO
In football it seems to just be used when goals are scored. What about situations when foul play prevents goals from being scored or assistant referees incorrectly flagging for offside.

My thing with tonight’s decision is. How soon has the ‘handball’ got to be directly before the goal. Say Jesus played that backwards after it had deflected off his hand. The ball was played around the middle and they break and score anyway - there was still a handball in the buildup.

Imagine loving VAR
Don’t see an issue with it. It’s only doing what the match referee and linesmen should be doing.

If the referees and linesmen were getting their decisions right and enforcing the rules properly, then there’d be no need for VAR to correct their decision and enforce the rules properly, for them.
Can you not see how it negatively impacting the game? Its ruining the single best thing of football I.e. celebrating a goal and you cant see anything wrong with it?

VAR is an excellent, much needed and long awaited addition to our beautiful game, that bods are refusing to accept simply because they don't like change.

Just watched MOTD, and guess what? Not a single soul didn't/couldn't celebrate in case a goal got disallowed.
Not one.

And every major decision correct.

People just hate advancements

VAR is an excellent, much needed and long awaited addition to our beautiful game, that bods are refusing to accept simply because they don't like change.

Just watched MOTD, and guess what? Not a single soul didn't/couldn't celebrate in case a goal got disallowed.
Not one.

And every major decision correct.

People just hate advancements

They got the Sterling penalty incident wrang

Like I posted elsewhere no way that handbal would have been given as a penalty

Thems the rules now. How are people still needing to be told this? So, your issue is with the law not the decision.

As for the Rodri incident I very much doubt you will see more than 5 incidents this season where a penalty is given by VAR. It would literally have to be a decapitation in the box for VAR to step in on penalties. They are pretty much using it for matters of unequivocal fact. They won't use it for pens as they will be terrified of inconsistency.

Thems the rules now. How are people still needing to be told this? So, your issue is with the law not the decision.

As for the Rodri incident I very much doubt you will see more than 5 incidents this season where a penalty is given by VAR. It would literally have to be a decapitation in the box for VAR to step in on penalties. They are pretty much using it for matters of unequivocal fact. They won't use it for pens as they will be terrified of inconsistency.

Best part yesterday Neville & Tyler were moaning about VAR yet these were constantly banging on about it in past years

Now they want it tweaking

The Premier league is mostly made up of teams playing boring football desperately trying not to be beaten, the boring football had a few controversial moments and talking points, VAR has taken that away.

Watched the post match debate on sky with neville and Carragher and they said the opposite, in that managers are being naive and as a result their teams are giving themselves no chance. Pointed out how ridiculous it was that Norwich went to Anfield and played open, and got pasted. Said the same about villa having a go at Tottenham.
Stops all the cheating and bias from corrupt referees.

Love it me

It doesnt at all haha.

Last edited:

Back