VAR

Don’t see an issue with it. It’s only doing what the match referee and linesmen should be doing.

If the referees and linesmen were getting their decisions right and enforcing the rules properly, then there’d be no need for VAR to correct their decision and enforce the rules properly, for them.

Problem is it’s not doing it consistently - city should of had a clear penalty in first half - why didn’t it correct that.

Don’t see an issue with it. It’s only doing what the match referee and linesmen should be doing.

If the referees and linesmen were getting their decisions right and enforcing the rules properly, then there’d be no need for VAR to correct their decision and enforce the rules properly, for them.
For an official to get every decision right is impossible. it's impossible even with VAR, as we see pundits, all former top players, arguing over slow motion playbacks all the time.
Refereeing errors have been part and parcel of the game since it started and a margin of error should be accepted.

Because the correct decision was made and I wanted Spurs to win.
The only way VAR will be deemed to work will be if they analyse every single decision (which for me will make it worse) and get every single decision correct (this will never happen) in the meantime the fluidity and spontaneity of football will be lost.

I understand it was handball but it doesnt half take the enjoyment out of the game, give in ten years there will be a generation of fans who do not celebrare goals. I agree with the op, its going to ruin football

Back