Vaccine passports to be announced in Scotland.

Does it not make sense though?

The delta varient can still spread very easily amongst the vaccinated. Those that were vaccinated didn't need a negative test.
Surely the most blinkered person can see a problem here in terms of covid transmission?

The groundless statement insisted that all of those infectious were unvaccinated and had negative tests. Where does it say this in the evidence/article?
It doesn't and it doesn't support your statement either, but you chose to post an antivax statement without support. I just pointed out how groundless your statement was and therefore how little credence it deserved

It doesn't and it doesn't support your statement either, but you chose to post an antivax statement without support. I just pointed out how groundless your statement was and therefore how little credence it deserved
How doesn't it? And how is it an antivax statement?! :eek:

Are you just one of these that screams anti-vaxxer at people on the internet?
As bad as the anti-vaxxers

The science shows that the Delta varient is still very transmissible amongst the fully vaccinated.

The post above said that those that were infectious were all among the unvaccinated. This seems extremely unlikely given the unvaccinated were all tested for covid, while very few of the vaccinated were tested. Both groups could have the virus and pass it on. The vaccinated would be slightly less likely to do so, but given that they weren't tested for covid are more likely to be the ones that are infectious.

Is it worth dealing with these issues, or are you just going to randomly shout anti-vaxxer at people as part of your little culture war?

I've been to two places where they said I needed proof of vaccination to get in - none of which checked when we got there

I suspect it's a lot harder to implement than they think

How doesn't it? And how is it an antivax statement?! :eek:

Are you just one of these that screams anti-vaxxer at people on the internet?
As bad as the anti-vaxxers

The science shows that the Delta varient is still very transmissible amongst the fully vaccinated.

The post above said that those that were infectious were all among the unvaccinated. This seems extremely unlikely given the unvaccinated were all tested for covid, while very few of the vaccinated were tested. Both groups could have the virus and pass it on. The vaccinated would be slightly less likely to do so, but given that they weren't tested for covid are more likely to be the ones that are infectious.

Is it worth dealing with these issues, or are you just going to randomly shout anti-vaxxer at people as part of your little culture war?
There was nothing in the article to support your statement. You made a post implying there was little value in vaccine/vaccine passport.

I simply pointed out you had nothing to base your statement in by making an equally groundless post by just changing a few words.

Do you seriously believe there was no one who faked a negative test to get in? Or does that not fit "your little culture war"

Gonna be interesting to see how this is policed, for example every SAFC home game will have ~30,000 people. Will they be cross referencing people's covid pass with photo ID? If not what is to stop people using other people's passes?

Feels like unless it's done properly it will be ineffective.
Mate who sits next to me at the match has not been jabbed. He's already said he will just use a screenshot of someone else's vaccine passport. Surely it won't be that easy to get around otherwise its pointless.

There was nothing in the article to support your statement. You made a post implying there was little value in vaccine/vaccine passport.

I simply pointed out you had nothing to base your statement in by making an equally groundless post by just changing a few words.

Do you seriously believe there was no one who faked a negative test to get in? Or does that not fit "your little culture war"
The science suggests double vaccinated spread the virus almost as well as unvaccinated.
It's therefore not groundless to think that the people who had not been tested for covid before the festival probably made up most of the infectious cases.

If you think this means covid passports have little value, you may have a valid point.
If the fact that covid can be passed on nearly as easily by double vaccinated, then it suggests that a passport is not a substitute for testing.

The science suggests double vaccinated spread the virus almost as well as unvaccinated.
It's therefore not groundless to think that the people who had not been tested for covid before the festival probably made up most of the infectious cases.

If you think this means covid passports have little value, you may have a valid point.
If the fact that covid can be passed on nearly as easily by double vaccinated, then it suggests that a passport is not a substitute for testing.
Only if you trust people who are unvaccinated and have therefore demonstrated their selfishness and lack of concern for others, not to take the tests to continue to do what they want regardless if the consequences.

My friend in Scotland was told he'd possibly be prevented from going abroad in the future, but decided just to reject a call up from the national side.

The difference is, is that the unvaccinated tend to be infectious for a lot longer than vaccinated when infected.

Logon or register to see this image

As usual people are using te fact the vaccine doesn’t stop transmission 100% as a stick to beat it with.

The vaccine was introduced to reduce your risk of serious illness/ death and happily it did significantly reduce transmission of original covid but Delta is able to break through this in terms of infection but not serious illness

The passport serves a few purposes as when restrictions are lifted cases go up its inevitable

(1) It forces people who are wavering to get it
(2) It will reduce transmission and case numbers at events
(3) Anyone who catches it at an event is unlikely to get seriously ill

The passport is used to protect people from serious illness and death as we know there will be transmission at events like festivals

No its idiots like you who are keen for people to be discriminated against, that will effectively put people out of business, its idiots like you that have no real knowledge about what is going on who will read the sun and put your arm out for a jab to get everything back to normal who have no idea what the bigger picture is. But aye well done.
So tell us where the "real news" can be found

No its idiots like you who are keen for people to be discriminated against, that will effectively put people out of business, its idiots like you that have no real knowledge about what is going on who will read the sun and put your arm out for a jab to get everything back to normal who have no idea what the bigger picture is. But aye well done.
What is the bigger picture. I would like to know, in order to have an informed opinion regarding vaccination.

Last edited:

Back