Vaccine passports to be announced in Scotland.

And as knowledge has developed and over 130k people have died in the UK your point is?
Frig trait yet again 😂 I suppose the point is the care homes and hospitals should have got their acts together, instead of pissing about with logistics of vulnerable elderly folk and not to mention the DNRs placed. If it had played out as protect the vulnerable and elderly, which was the goal then we would have seen figures on a par with a bad flu season. I realise it's not all care homes and not all NHS trusts, but to me many have let there people down.

Frig trait yet again 😂 I suppose the point is the care homes and hospitals should have got their acts together, instead of pissing about with logistics of vulnerable elderly folk and not to mention the DNRs placed. If it had played out as protect the vulnerable and elderly, which was the goal then we would have seen figures on a par with a bad flu season. I realise it's not all care homes and not all NHS trusts, but to me many have let there people down.
You obviously have a free pass from the mods so I'm out

You obviously have a free pass from the mods so I'm out
I don't think so, it's the facts isn't it. Unless you are on about the Frigg trait, which at this stage I'm not bothered about, do you want to know?Call it dot joining but its not a biggie.

Allow it at our peril. Once passports are implemented they will only be built upon and the app will never leave your phone. Don't want the booster jab, tough, don't want a flu jab if they mandate it, tough, your freedoms will be taken from you if you don't comply. They were already tempted to make this a condition for university lectures in the summer. How long before it reaches supermarkets, bars etc?

Allow it at our peril. Once passports are implemented they will only be built upon and the app will never leave your phone. Don't want the booster jab, tough, don't want a flu jab if they mandate it, tough, your freedoms will be taken from you if you don't comply. They were already tempted to make this a condition for university lectures in the summer. How long before it reaches supermarkets, bars etc?
You’ve got a choice, its up to you.

You’ve got a choice, its up to you.

So it's complete free choice and informed consent without any coercion? Of course it's not, stop pretending that it is and it will nevr be ok. If passports worked and the vaccine cuts transmission like they say it does then why does Israel, onto their 3rd shot, who have passports, have the highest cases per million in the world? A QR code certainly seems to have no effect there, why would it be different here?

So it's complete free choice and informed consent without any coercion? Of course it's not, stop pretending that it is and it will nevr be ok. If passports worked and the vaccine cuts transmission like they say it does then why does Israel, onto their 3rd shot, who have passports, have the highest cases per million in the world? A QR code certainly seems to have no effect there, why would it be different here?
Who said vaccines for Covid cuts transmission?
This is a public health issue, not freedom of choice, you have a choice to make.

Who said vaccines for Covid cuts transmission?
This is a public health issue, not freedom of choice, you have a choice to make.

Public health issue :lol:. If that were the case then not having the virus would be enough to get in places. It's long past public health and is 100% about control at this stage. I'm not even against the vaccines btw, take one if you want one. I don't think they're going to kill thousands or anything crazy like that. But once you've made your choice of taking one or not taking one then thats it, get on with your life. A QR code on your phone will not stop a virus and the choice isn't a free one. It's take a vaccine and have your freedoms or don't and have them taken from you. Thats a coerced health choice and if you're fine with that then theres something wrong with you. It's fine this time as you're happy to take the vaccine. Once that app is on your phone though whats to stop them doing it again? What if you don't want the next one or don't need it? What then?

To clarify, a year ago i'd have happily taken the vaccine. I will never take one whilst peoples freedoms are being withheld if they don't comply. It's sinister and sets dangerous precedent. It also made me very ueasy about what is actually going on behind the scenes. Especially now we're down to potentially allowing 12 year olds to take vaccines without parental consent. A school needs permission for paracetamol, but not a vaccine with no long term effect data for children? Don't sit right with me. The whole thing has went way beyond what is necessary.

Public health issue :lol:. If that were the case then not having the virus would be enough to get in places. It's long past public health and is 100% about control at this stage. I'm not even against the vaccines btw, take one if you want one. I don't think they're going to kill thousands or anything crazy like that. But once you've made your choice of taking one or not taking one then thats it, get on with your life. A QR code on your phone will not stop a virus and the choice isn't a free one. It's take a vaccine and have your freedoms or don't and have them taken from you. Thats a coerced health choice and if you're fine with that then theres something wrong with you. It's fine this time as you're happy to take the vaccine. Once that app is on your phone though whats to stop them doing it again? What if you don't want the next one or don't need it? What then?

To clarify, a year ago i'd have happily taken the vaccine. I will never take one whilst peoples freedoms are being withheld if they don't comply. It's sinister and sets dangerous precedent. It also made me very ueasy about what is actually going on behind the scenes. Especially now we're down to potentially allowing 12 year olds to take vaccines without parental consent. A school needs permission for paracetamol, but not a vaccine with no long term effect data for children? Don't sit right with me. The whole thing has went way beyond what is necessary.
Cut your nose off to spite your face then. It is only a matter of time before International Certificates of vaccination will be required to travel to or from many countries. No vaccination no can travel.

Agree with a lot of what you're saying. The last point - schools will need parental consent for a child to receive a vaccine. However, children are able to overrule their parents decision 'if they are believed to be competent enough' (Christ knows how that is to be measured) - according to Javid's latest.

Agree with a lot of what you're saying. The last point - schools will need parental consent for a child to receive a vaccine. However, children are able to overrule their parents decision 'if they are believed to be competent enough' (Christ knows how that is to be measured) - according to Javid's latest.

Children under 16 have been able to decide on medical treatment for themselves for years - Gillick competence guidance from a court case years ago set the precendent I think

Children under 16 have been able to decide on medical treatment for themselves for years - Gillick competence guidance from a court case years ago set the precendent I think
It'll be interesting to see how a judgement on pupil 'competence' is determined.

Back