UK Daily figures update for April 5th

• Thread starter Deleted member 6694
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
That could just be - and is likely to be - caused simply by testing more people

Where are these numbers from?
Aye as you say tests went up but then the percentage of positives also went up. It was 39.7% yesterday and today it's 47.8%. Again it could be owt but it's probably Birmingham and Sheffield ;) Joke, plus it's hard to make anything from cases and tests, though I will see once they've updated the numbers which areas have increased cases the most % wise.

New cases is the first that needs to drop, assuming sufficient testing in the right areas is happening

the government could start to release numbers around people who are self isolating 7/14 days if they have used the online form ?

Sadly I think the UK is now at the over 500 deaths a day stage - i don't think you can over interpret daily differences too much at this point in time
In Scotland there were only 2 cases reported today - and 40+ the previous day
Often better to look at longer 3, 5, and 7 day period trends to get a broader picture

What is the actual source, the link etc?

Your graphs would be better served by slowing the cumulative number of cases on a log scale.
I know what you mean about log scale but for the daily % total increase I don't think it needs it as it's dropping. A bit drop from 19.6% to 14.4% today as I was hoping it would be less than 16% at most. Hopefully this keeps trending and drops and doesn't shoot up tomorrow and if it does, it's just a outlier or whatever you call them!

I posted the stupid preview image instead of this!

Logon or register to see this image

Last edited by a moderator:
Crazy that were up to nearly 5k deaths. Seems like yesterday we was at about 100.

I don't know why i just have this bad feeling the slight drop for one day means nothing and its going to sky rocket over 1k a day.

Seriously hope im wrong.
Italy and Spain have been affected far worse than us and neither went into 1k a day.

I know what you mean about log scale but for the daily % total increase I don't think it needs it as it's dropping. A bit drop from 19.6 to 14.4 today so hopefully that keeps trending and drops and doesn't shoot up tomorrow!

I posted the stupid preview image instead of this!

Logon or register to see this image

A log scale better displays the growth in the cumulative number of cases.

Can you please share the exact details of where you're getting these figures from?

Did it not go down last weekend as well and then jump up on the Monday due to the way they are recorded. Hope not.

Crazy that were up to nearly 5k deaths. Seems like yesterday we was at about 100.

I don't know why i just have this bad feeling the slight drop for one day means nothing and its going to sky rocket over 1k a day.

Seriously hope im wrong.
Might go to a billion a day. Hope I’m wrong :rolleyes:

A log scale better displays the growth in the cumulative number of cases.

Can you please share the exact details of where you're getting these figures from?
The graph in the image isn't showing the cumulative number of cases so I think you're confused :confused: It's showing the DEATH % and the CASE% columns which are the daily % total increase as I said ;). Source as I said is the GOV website that the public can see, haway man do I really need to give you a link?

Just jesting mate ;) :lol:

Here you go

The dashboard hadn't updated when the OP posted this thread, so there's a spreadsheet posted online by the DH that is updated each day. I'm just asking for the address to that.
The graph in the image isn't showing the cumulative number of cases so I think you're confused :confused: It's showing the DEATH % and the CASE% columns which are the daily % total increase as I said ;). Source as I said is the GOV website that the public can see, haway man do I really need to give you a link?

Just jesting mate ;) :lol:

Here you go

What I'm saying is that the best way to display the cases is the cumulative numbers on a log scale. I'm not confused - that's the best way to display the information.

I do not understand what you are trying to display using the metrics of "death%" and "case%".

Last edited:
The dashboard hadn't updated when the OP posted this thread, so there's a spreadsheet posted online by the DH that is updated each day. I'm just asking for the address to that.
I’m pretty sure he’s said before he gets them off that page and his original post has a copy/paste of the text on that page.

Guardian reporting 621 new deaths
Also from the Guardian rolling updates

the NHS England figures – which make up the bulk of UK deaths – reflect the day on which the death was reported, not the actual date of death, which is usually days, sometimes weeks, before it appears in the figures

I've no idea how that affects the graphs and trends, some of you number crunchers may be able to shed some light

Idiots thinking that death rate is going down so that the lockdown will be eased next week 😂 I’d say we’re in for at least another 3 weeks of lockdown

Was a reduction in rate last Sunday unfortunately. I suspect it's slower reporting methods at weekend. Expect jump tomorrow when lateish reports come in & get counted.

But any sign of not accelerating is some glimmer of good news.
If there is going to be a jump I think it’s more likely to be Tuesday. I think that’s what’s happened previous weeks. Tomorrow will be the figures processed/recorded today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back