UK Daily figures update for April 5th

• Thread starter Deleted member 6694
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6694

Deaths increased by 619 from 4313 to 4,932 rising 14.4%

Cases increased by 5,903 from 41,903 to 47,806 rising 14.1%

Tests increased by 12,334 from 183,190 to 195,524 rising 6.7%

As of 9am on 5 April 2020, 195,524 people have been tested, of which 47,806 were confirmed positive.

As of 5pm on 4 April 2020, of those hospitalised in the UK who tested positive for coronavirus, 4,932 have died.

Logon or register to see this image

Last edited by a moderator:

Lower deaths per day, but rate of new cases going up a fair bit after yesterday’s drop....although 20% more testing done maybe not such a bit increase...

Last edited:
Lower deaths per day, but rate of new cases going up a fair bit after yesterday’s drop....

That could just be - and is likely to be - caused simply by testing more people
Deaths increased by 619 from 4313 to 4,932 rising 14.4%

Cases increased by 5,903 from 41,903 to 47,806 rising 14.1%

Tests increased by 12,334 from 183,190 to 195,524 rising 6.7%

As of 9am on 5 April 2020, 195,524 people have been tested, of which 47,806 were confirmed positive.

As of 5pm on 4 April 2020, of those hospitalised in the UK who tested positive for coronavirus, 4,932 have died.

Logon or register to see this image

Where are these numbers from?

Last edited:
A fall in the number from yesterday?
I've updated it to show percentages in an image. Aye dropped again thankfully! I shit myself at first as is said 1,111 deaths and thought "fuck I don't wanna post that!". Then I realised I'd put in 1,111 as a test of the automated process in Excel to just create the post when GOV updates it's website! :lol::lol:

It’s just England’s death figures that have been released, if I’m reading it all correctly?

EDIT: 555 deaths in England. Yours may be complete.

Last edited:
There’s been a pattern of the figures released on Sundays (and Mondays) being less than the days preceding them. I’d assumed there’s less processing capacity over the weekend so this was reflected in the numbers released. That’s a total guess though and I hope they are accurate and it is a reduction from yesterday.

That could just be - and is likely to be - caused simply by testing more people

Where are these numbers from?
the official release figures from the government. My excel updates the same minute they release them so if I'm about I just copy n paste cells onto here to make the post ;)

Crazy that were up to nearly 5k deaths. Seems like yesterday we was at about 100.

I don't know why i just have this bad feeling the slight drop for one day means nothing and its going to sky rocket over 1k a day.

Seriously hope im wrong.

the official release figures from the government. My excel updates the same minute they release them so if I'm about I just copy n paste cells onto here to make the post ;)

What is the actual source, the link etc?

Your graphs would be better served by slowing the cumulative number of cases on a log scale.

There’s been a pattern of the figures released on Sundays (and Mondays) being less than the days preceding them. I’d assumed there’s less processing capacity over the weekend so this was reflected in the numbers released. That’s a total guess though and I hope they are accurate and it is a reduction from yesterday.

Sorry hadn't seen this when i posted.

Back