UK Daily figures update for April 5th

• Thread starter Deleted member 6694
  • Start date
I don't think there's much value in graphically displaying just a few days. Isolating any parts of an overall trend will not display the overall pattern. As you could see from graphing the percentage change over just a few days, the line was up and down and all over the place.

As a personal preference I do not like taking an arbitrary number of deaths and setting the chart from there. I find that fishy.

Tell me if you think otherwise but I'm of the belief that we are past the inflection point of the period of exponential growth and growth in the number of deaths is slowing.
Pleased to here you agree with the arbitrary number of deaths thing. Though wasn't it France who had 1 death way back in January? I showed my mate the graph thing explaining how by selecting the starting point that you could move the lines left or right to show a different rate compared to other countries. I also showed him France given it stayed along the bottom for ages and wouldn't even show on the chart the amount of days up until today! :lol::lol:

Yes I am of the same belief and that's why I used the daily growth to try to show this, albeit not clearly. I did have a trend line on it also along with another 3 day average version but didn't save it as it gave a smoother curve but as the recent curve has been smooth itself I left it. I'll knock one up to show you what I mean so you can let me know what you think ;)

My concern is that weekend thing and that's why the percentage change is like it was last weekend. I tried 'predicting' the deaths using last weeks blip (it is outlier isn't it if using a plot graph) as I was going to say this to the 3 posters who mentioned it in this thread. I decided against it as it could be hitting mid 800's by Tuesday and that was being hopeful as it could be higher and we possibly even see 900's earlier than next weekend that I'm expecting! If indeed some deaths haven't been reported due to the weekend thing then the rise come Monday/Tuesday like last week going from 200's to 500's may well make some think it's getting worse. As long as that curve is dropping and starts to gain momentum then I'll be thankful.
@Frijj I've pissed about with the log scale on left for 5 mins now but can I fuck get it to do want I want it to do so here it is :lol: I can definitely see a drop off (along with last weekends blip) and like I said you can't sometimes see this when you look at the whole of the data in a log scale (not us but people in general). If I do a 4 day average it eliminates the weekend drop but still shows signs of drop off.

Logon or register to see this image

Last edited by a moderator:

Back