Uber Ride - London

Bloke working for minimum wage (if that) wants to reduce the chances of catching a virus that is spreading like wildfire. What a dickhead, eh?

Bloke working for minimum wage (if that) wants to reduce the chances of catching a virus that is spreading like wildfire. What a dickhead, eh?

Same happened to 4 of us, as wasn’t clear on the app … he left( £8 quid cancellation fee iirc) we got another bigger cab C’est la vie 🙂

What's the crack with uber in the Westminster area? Are there standard ones or just the fit posh ones that cost a fortune?

Will be there once or twice a month for work commitments as of October and haven't a clue how to get about. Any tube stations near there that go to King's Cross?

Never used Uber before, but will in London in a fortnight or so with the family, and was wondering if London based SMBers could give me the lowdown. Is it worth using Ubers instead of public transport? There will be 4 of us - am I right in thinking that we will have to order Uber XL (from my limited research). Any advice welcomed.
We were there at the beginning of August and used Uber a few times, canny price etc, although one of the foreign drivers did say I had a canny belly on me like

What's the crack with uber in the Westminster area? Are there standard ones or just the fit posh ones that cost a fortune?

Will be there once or twice a month for work commitments as of October and haven't a clue how to get about. Any tube stations near there that go to King's Cross?

Getting around central by tube is a piece of piss tbh. Download CityMapper.

Prefer to use a black cab
Cheerful cockney geezers
In each of the last 4 cab rides I’ve taken, the driver has willingly chosen to racially abuse someone without a prompt

You can get to KX from Westminster in ~20 minutes

You’re never really more than a couple hundred yards from a tube station and the same goes for any location you want to get to.

Just download CityMapper - piece of piss getting around

Last edited:

Best way to get to know London is to walk or take the bus. You'll soon get your bearings. Cheaper too and easier to pop into a pub as you are passing.

In each of the last 4 cab rides I’ve taken, the driver has willingly chosen to racially abuse someone without a prompt

You can get to KX from Westminster in ~20 minutes

You’re never really more than a couple hundred yards from a tube station and the same goes for any location you want to get to.

Just download CityMapper - piece of piss getting around
Not my experience
Hey ho

Back