Tudor watches

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just had a look at it, it is, stunning. Now to save 3k ...
Don’t buy an omega speedmaster whatever you do. Mine quickly fell apart (bezel fell off and the winding mechanism broke). Now it sits in a draw as a reminder of what a prat I was to waste so much money on a watch. I wear a £20 sekonda that I can wear in the pool and sea and not care about. Much the better option IMO

Don’t buy an omega speedmaster whatever you do. Mine quickly fell apart (bezel fell off and the winding mechanism broke). Now it sits in a draw as a reminder of what a prat I was to waste so much money on a watch. I wear a £20 sekonda that I can wear in the pool and sea and not care about. Much the better option IMO
Was it a real one?
Surely it's a question of which you prefer. Most sensible lads buy a lifetime watch at 25 to 30 years. Either to impress others or to love the watch. Its elegance, comfort, reliability etc.

I bought a Raymond Weil Parsifal in about 1977. It is quietly elegant, subltle and for me adorable. A watch that has never let me down and sits quetly on my wrist makig me feel good and keeping accurate time.

The watch you show looks a little loud to me, but we all differ. I find Rolex watches vulgar and overpriced. Since you may wear the watch for 50 years you may want to bear in mind that your tastes may change over the years when buying.
I’ve a few Weil W1s. Love em.

Last edited:
I heard somewhere that oris are the most Swiss. Might of been from the salesman when I bought my oris as they would say that.

Some Oris look mint but I think they use ETA and Valjous movements. Not in-house.

Rolex was founded in London so it depends what you mean by ‘most Swiss’.

I'm thinking about an omega, just because James Bond wears one like so I'm thinking they may be good? How to they compare against the other makes as I have no idea.

I have the Omega MoonWatch and it’s great.

I was going to get a Rolex next, but I’m going to save and get a Patek

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back