Tudor watches

Status
Not open for further replies.

What’s everyone’s thoughts on them? Beautiful timepieces or Rolex’s inferior little brother?

Thinking about ordering a Tudor Black Bay GMT Pepsi. I’d love the Rolex Pepsi but could never afford the inflated and quite frankly ridiculous market price.

Here’s a pic if anyone’s interested. Retail at £2830.

Logon or register to see this image
Surely it's a question of which you prefer. Most sensible lads buy a lifetime watch at 25 to 30 years. Either to impress others or to love the watch. Its elegance, comfort, reliability etc.

I bought a Raymond Weil Parsifal in about 1977. It is quietly elegant, subltle and for me adorable. A watch that has never let me down and sits quetly on my wrist makig me feel good and keeping accurate time.

The watch you show looks a little loud to me, but we all differ. I find Rolex watches vulgar and overpriced. Since you may wear the watch for 50 years you may want to bear in mind that your tastes may change over the years when buying.

I'm thinking about an omega, just because James Bond wears one like so I'm thinking they may be good? How to they compare against the other makes as I have no idea.

I'm thinking about an omega, just because James Bond wears one like so I'm thinking they may be good? How to they compare against the other makes as I have no idea.

I had a seamaster and loved it.

James Bond wears Rolex. Only in the newer films does he wear Omega.

The Omega Railmaster is an absolute beauty mind.

I made nearly 50k on a property I sold about 5 years ago and blew almost all of it on a car bike and two watches :lol:

Omega seamaster and limited edition Junkers typhoon.

I've also got a fake Rolex submariner off the net for £295 and it looks like the real thing. Non chrono and date only but it works and keeps the time better than the other 2 when they need servicing.

Never had it serviced in 4 years :D
James Bond wears Rolex. Only in the newer films does he wear Omega.

The Omega Railmaster is an absolute beauty mind.
Who was the last bond to wear a Rolex,?

Last edited:
I made nearly 50k on a property I sold about 5 years ago and blew almost all of it on a car bike and two watches :lol:

I've also got a fake Rolex submariner off the net for £295 and it looks like the real thing. Non chrono and date only but it works and keeps the time better than the other 2 when they need servicing.

Not sure but he wear a Rolex in the books.

Sean Connery’s was an Explorer or whatever preceded it on a striped nato/one-piece nylon strap.

When I got my last piece the ceramic stainless sub dates were all going for over 9k

If I had the patience I’d buy two and sell one off. They’re almost double retail on the grey market over here.
This. Bought a black Sub no date for £5.7k last year after 9 month oh waiting list - Could sell it for £8k now (wouldn’t because I love it) but also on waiting lists for a hulk and a ‘pepsi’ purely to make a few grand on
Tudor’s are nice but as others have said they don’t have the resale of a Rolex equivalent
Personally I don't like the styling of Rolex and Tudor, but each to their own.

I have an Omega Seamaster 300m (James Bond watch - not the special edition), a Speedmaster (Moon watch) and for sub £500 a Bulova Lunar Pilot (the other Moon watch) - which is my everyday watch. All three keep great time. However the Tag Heuer Carrera I had kept horrific time and at the end of the day they are watches.
Had 2 seamasters and a de ville- love omegas and looking at a planet ocean at the moment but prefer me Rolex - much better resale value also

Last edited:
This. Bought a black Sub no date for £5.7k last year after 9 month oh waiting list - Could sell it for £8k now (wouldn’t because I love it) but also on waiting lists for a hulk and a ‘pepsi’ purely to make a few grand on
Tudor’s are nice but as others have said they don’t have the resale of a Rolex equivalent

Had 2 seamasters and a de ville- love omegas and looking at a planet ocean at the moment but prefer me Rolex - much better resale value also

I wouldn’t know but no comparison surely considering Omegas use ETA movements and Rolex is all in-house?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back