Tudor watches

Discussion in 'SMB' started by LondonMackem, Jul 12, 2019 at 11:51 AM.

1. LondonMackem

LondonMackem Winger

What’s everyone’s thoughts on them? Beautiful timepieces or Rolex’s inferior little brother?

Thinking about ordering a Tudor Black Bay GMT Pepsi. I’d love the Rolex Pepsi but could never afford the inflated and quite frankly ridiculous market price.

Here’s a pic if anyone’s interested. Retail at £2830.

[​IMG]

Aituk7 likes this.
  2. Barnacle Boy

Barnacle Boy Striker

Might as well save up for the real thing if you're willing to pay best part of 3k for a bonny and clyde

Adamsy, chriswallace85, Frijj and 3 others like this.
  3. Boz33

Boz33 Winger

Nothing but the best for you lad, id climb a mountain for tudor

Rotten Johnny, ouro, Frijj and 12 others like this.
  4. Jon Dough

Jon Dough Goalkeeper

Downmarket Roley.

LondonMackem likes this.
  5. Farfrom Athletic

Farfrom Athletic Full Back

Lovely watches but one day you’ll be stood at a bar and somebody in a Rolex GMT will be standing next to you, and you’ll quietly pull down your sleeve to cover your Tudor.

By the time you’ve been served and get back to your Mrs with the drinks, she’ll have fucked off with the bloke with the Rolex.

6. LondonMackem

LondonMackem Winger

That’s the worry mate :lol: what a nightmare

GTG likes this.
  7. ned_werby

ned_werby Striker

Fine watches, I've got A Black Bay. Fuck the Rolex wankers.

sedling and LondonMackem like this.
  8. oROSSo

oROSSo Striker Staff Member

not for me, shame they stick so close to Rolex. So much more respectable if they did their own thing.

9. Teed

Teed Striker

:eek: ........:confused:

Hodgie1979 and LondonMackem like this.
  10. ozz

ozz Midfield

The Tudor will depreciate to next to nothing- your Rolex will at least maintain its purchase price.

riffraff and Jon Dough like this.
  11. What's the point...

12. Leon Solent

Leon Solent Midfield

It will always be a Tudor and never a Sub or a GMT Master. Me? I'd keep saving and buy the Rolex. That said, the Black Bay is a decent watch in the same price range as a Breitling GMT Avenger and a few others. All decent, just a matter of taste (and budget).

ozz, LondonMackem and Jon Dough like this.
  13. Ramshanker

Ramshanker Winger

Didn't realise people still wore watches ;)

14. LondonMackem

LondonMackem Winger

The Tudor I’m looking at has actually appreciated given the popularity of “Pepsi” watches on the market. I know that may not be the case in the future of course.

ozz likes this.
  15. EDGE

EDGE Winger

Why would you want to measure how quickly your life is slipping away.

Rotten Johnny likes this.
  16. ozz

ozz Midfield

and some bigger jewellers offer 3-4 years decent finance packages.
    i think, and i have thought about it a lot, if you bought the Tudor you will always think you got second best. Save up or get finance and you will like it all the more.

Leon Solent and LondonMackem like this.
  17. Tex

Tex Striker

It’s a canny bit of kit and Tudor are trying hard to shake off the ‘poor man’s Rolex’ image with variations in their design styles.

Unfortunately judging by the above comments it’s not working!!:)

I once bought an epiphone ES 335 in cherry red. Absolute bargain for about $300 IIRC but I didn’t have it long and soon saved up for the Gibson it was based on. Make of that what you will.

(I’ve had me name down on the waiting list for the new Rolex GMT Pepsi for over a year. Surely it can’t be much longer now?)

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019 at 12:29 PM
  18. bowers2

bowers2 Winger

19. TheWanderer

TheWanderer Striker

A Rolex is a good mid-luxury watch to purchase from a financial point of view, but every man and his dog seems to have them so not really that exclusive despite what Rolex watch wearers will tell you.

A Tudor watch is basically the same case, but a different motion making them much cheaper. You’re getting Rolex looks for less investment.

personally, as a day watch I wouldn’t fancy a spending Rolex money to be honest, but if you’re not a clumsy fucker like me then wearing a mid-luxury watch daily is less of a gamble.

If I was in your shoes, make the Tudor purchase, you’re getting a good watch, and if you keep it in good nick, if your pockets become deeper you’ll still get a good resale value for the Tudor, sell it and upgrade to that Rolex if you wish.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019 at 12:31 PM
    LondonMackem likes this.
  20. LondonMackem

LondonMackem Winger

You better believe it :lol:

Or you can buy one now from a reseller for 15k :rolleyes: