Toys that were crap....

Status
Not open for further replies.

The World Cup Cricket game that was like subbuteo was shite. I knew someone who had that. Absolute bollocks of a game.

Although I have to say The Crystal Maze board game was one of the worst things I ever had. Utter shit

I had to look up the Crystal Maze board game, because I couldn't believe it was possible to capture the atmosphere and excitement of the TV show in board game. I was absolutely right, that looks terrible. Describes itself as "A time travel adventure game" and never really recovers from that.

Last edited:
The Thomas the Tank Engine board game that was so complicated that no one let alone the four year old that received it as a gift could understand
That had one out of the box outing and was never used again .

Does anyone else remember those shit "handheld arcade" games that you filled with water. I think they were made by Tomy

I had one where you had to press a button to "shoot" a tiny basketball through a hoop. No skill or ability needed. Pure luck.

They really did pass off any old crap as a toy back in the day!

Does anyone else remember those shit "handheld arcade" games that you filled with water. I think they were made by Tomy

I had one where you had to press a button to "shoot" a tiny basketball through a hoop. No skill or ability needed. Pure luck.

They really did pass off any old crap as a toy back in the day!
Yup.

There was skill involved. You needed to hit the button just right to get it in the hoop.

Still f***ing shite though.

Another idiot.

If you mean the cricket one where the bowler launched the ball down a pipe thing and you controlled the bat with a string, I thought that was quite fun.
I had a golf game like that too, where you set up your own fairways with bunkers and rough, and you played the game like tiddlywinks.

If you mean the cricket one where the bowler launched the ball down a pipe thing and you controlled the bat with a string, I thought that was quite fun.
I had a golf game like that too, where you set up your own fairways with bunkers and rough, and you played the game like tiddlywinks.
Aye. Had to be careful not to knock ya stumps over with the string mind :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back