Time to close this now, surely.

Can anyone remember how many times we changed the criteria for counting deaths.
Astonishing that a group of senior figures can get round a table and agree on a formula, only to change it weeks later

We changed the criteria for important reasons.

The 28 day count is effectively a count of every NHS number that has had a positive test and has been marked as deceased, regardless of cause, with a date of death within 28 days of their test date.

The death certificate count is a count of death certificates logged by registry offices, where COVID appears in fields 1a, 1b, 1c or 2.

There are variations of the 28 day count, but what other ways of counting deaths are there?

The 28 day count is effectively a count of every NHS number that has had a positive test and has been marked as deceased, regardless of cause, with a date of death within 28 days of their test date.
Yes, but wasn't the official count originally over more than 28 days then they shortened it.

I personally think after it dominating every ones lives for two year we needed this summer with it by and large out of the main headlines. I was worried about some elderly relatives of mine and there attitude to leaving the house. These were people who pre pandemic lead good social lives. Its good to see them getting out and about again enjoying the weather and I think the fact it hasn't dominated the headlines for a few months has helped them get out and about again

On a separate note I can't see how they could fetch any restrictions in without first giving everyone eligible a chance of a vaccine first. As that doesn't look like it's going to happen I'd be very surprised if we see any meaningful restrictions brought in this winter. I thought the government made the right choice last winter riding it out

The big test will always be the winter.Itll be up down several times before it reaches its yearly peak late December early January.

It certainly will bomber, most people getting on with things and cracking on thankfully.
Most of us have got with things on the last 2 summers.The summers aren't the big challenge tho.Iam yet to get it but iam not confident of going another winter unscathed.

Most of us have got with things on the last 2 summers.The summers aren't the big challenge tho.Iam yet to get it but iam not confident of going another winter unscathed.
You've probably had it but shown no symptoms. Im a big believer that probably everyone has had it by now, but a lot with no symptoms and haven't realised. Im in the same boat, the wife and daughter both had it and i didn't get it, all in the same house, well i mean i didn't test positive.

You've probably had it but shown no symptoms. Im a big believer that probably everyone has had it by now, but a lot with no symptoms and haven't realised. Im in the same boat, the wife and daughter both had it and i didn't get it, all in the same house, well i mean i didn't test positive.
Possible but unlikely imo.Would mean nothing anyway.Plenty getting in worse the 2nd and 3rd time.

I never once said Covid was over. There should still be a Covid thread in general chat (even pin it if you want). But this whole sub section is just the same few posters bickering on going round in circles. If you go lower down the threads (even on the first page) there's very little that's new. Yes I think Covid is probably here to stay but it's not healthy winding other posters up whenever the infection rates go up.

I never once said Covid was over. There should still be a Covid thread in general chat (even pin it if you want). But this whole sub section is just the same few posters bickering on going round in circles. If you go lower down the threads (even on the first page) there's very little that's new. Yes I think Covid is probably here to stay but it's not healthy winding other posters up whenever the infection rates go up.
Last sentence is spot on.

Back