Time to close this now, surely.

Covid is not the common cold though

Well it is getting that way though isnt it? You have it once, and build up some immunity. Plus the jabs. Both myself and the Mrs had 3 jabs and had it in January. We were both knocked off out feet. We both had it two weeks ago and it was much easier a sight sore throat and a sniffle this time vs being a couple of days in bed in January.

Well it is getting that way though isnt it? You have it once, and build up some immunity. Plus the jabs. Both myself and the Mrs had 3 jabs and had it in January. We were both knocked off out feet. We both had it two weeks ago and it was much easier a sight sore throat and a sniffle this time vs being a couple of days in bed in January.

I get what you and @FootballFan are saying

It isn’t the common cold, and it’s had significant societal impact well beyond any common cold. COVID has probably forever changed how we work for example.

That said, it isn’t the killer it once was, and unless a new strain emerges, it will eventually reach endemic status and covid cases will wax and wane, much like the common cold.

Personally I’d close the forum but I am not yet in charge.

I get what you and @FootballFan are saying

It isn’t the common cold, and it’s had significant societal impact well beyond any common cold. COVID has probably forever changed how we work for example.

That said, it isn’t the killer it once was, and unless a new strain emerges, it will eventually reach endemic status and covid cases will wax and wane, much like the common cold.

Personally I’d close the forum but I am not yet in charge.
No one is saying Covid has gone so we shouldn't discuss it. Like I say have a single Covid thread on General Chat (by all means sticky it). But this now is just the same few posters going round in circles.

It never ends. Look forward to a new strain every 3 months, along with a new "vaccine".

It never ends. Look forward to a new strain every 3 months, along with a new "vaccine".

Yet more attention seeking conspiracy drivel 🤡

Did you ever post about the fact we get a new flu vaccine each year, using the current data on the strains of flu thats most common, or is it only Covid that upsets you?

Welcome back, anything to add to the op or just back to see if you can get bites?

Back to the OP, I think its now time to have a single thread on the main board as a sticky or rename it to General Health forum, where people can discuss all health issues that effect us all and have a covid thread on then, could be interesting having a place where other more important issues regarding health can be discussed.

Back to the OP, I think its now time to have a single thread on the main board as a sticky or rename it to General Health forum, where people can discuss all health issues that effect us all and have a covid thread on then, could be interesting having a place where other more important issues regarding health can be discussed.

Gets my vote

I’m quite surprised this forum is still open tbh. There can only be 5-6 posters that regularly post on here and if you removed the holiday thread, traffic must be tiny.
The hysteria and rhetoric surrounding the virus has tailed off - perhaps due to the more prevalent acceptance that it is with us now and we have to learn to live with it. Not throw our arms up in the air and wail 'Oh, woe is us' whenever there is an upsurge in cases.

Strangely, this has coincided with a noticeable downturn in the amount of airtime and headline space afforded the virus by our mainstream media. Who would have thought it, eh?

Did you ever post about the fact we get a new flu vaccine each year, using the current data on the strains of flu thats most common, or is it only Covid that upsets you?
Covid upsets me? What on earth are you talking about?

We will be dealing with Covid variants forever was my ONLY point.

Sort your outrage out.

Back