Time to close this now, surely.

It’s interesting we have so many frequenting the forum that claim they are past covid but theyre clamming to get the subforum shut. Or clamming to ram it down peoples throats it is over. Ironic.

The forum has died, which is only right and natural because the singular issue it addresses has become less and less a burden on our lives.

Maybe archive it though. It could well become very significant again.
Imo the numbers we are seeing at present are cause for alarm. In so much as, you can only imagine what the craic is going to be in Winter come 6 months time.

It’s interesting we have so many frequenting the forum that claim they are past covid but theyre clamming to get the subforum shut. Or clamming to ram it down peoples throats it is over. Ironic.

Imo the numbers we are seeing at present are cause for alarm. In so much as, you can only imagine what the craic is going to be in Winter come 6 months time.
You say current numbers are a cause for concern, what part of the numbers concern you?

Maybe we should open a FLU part of the forum, I mean we have had such low numbers and isolation we could be in for a hell of a time in 6 months, its as if you still dont understand how covid being endemic means the world has changed for us all, Its a fact all Respiratory infections and illnesses go up over winter, Flu can bring the NHS to its knees, what makes covid so special now it gone endemic, we should be concerned about ALL diseases not just one and make sure we have measure's in place like booster programs and early warning for a shift in the known viruses, which correct me if I am wrong, is the plan.

Or maybe we should keep a watch on the big killers in the country, you know things linked to poverty and poor diet, how many people are going to die this winter from not being able to heat there homes I wonder, how many vulnerable people are going to end up bed blocking the NHS this year due to the cost of living crisis?

This forum has served its purpose and I thank the posters who helped pass on important information, it was a great place to get up to date stats and valuable insights, even if the forum did suffer from the odd troll, but I do think its time to move on.

UK25,82970,418-63%3773551,238-71%568,551,138

couple of weeks ago people where all over the stat threads as we had a little bump in the downward trend, why are these same people not cheering from the roof tops that we have just seen a 71% drop in deaths?
COVID-19 Weekly Trends by Country - Worldometer

Fact is we will see more waves as we progress then the only question is will it be a all year long thing or move to a more winter focused illness, so long as people get boosters when needed I think we will cope with covid just as well as we cope with Flu.

The forum has died, which is only right and natural because the singular issue it addresses has become less and less a burden on our lives.

Maybe archive it though. It could well become very significant again.
Does no harm leaving it. Could go back to one Covid thread on SMB to cover any news on the matter.

Once it is in a sub forum people tend not to look in.

Can we change it to Women's Health
I'm an expert on that...would be good đź‘Ť

It will be flu craic, but most won't give toss 'cos it's not Covd.
“Keep it short & punchy”
Is that your "nick" ?

Last edited:
I disagree, I've just got over having Covid for the first time in the last week and found this part of the forum helpful with speaking to others who currently had it too. If you're not interested in it, don't f***ing read it :lol:
Same here mate, came down with it on Easter Sunday and I found the info on here , and support, very helpful.
And almost a full momth later I'm nowhere near back to fitness or well-being.

Back