Time Keeping - When To Leave?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The real answer here is it depends how important the meeting is.

Regardless of personal annoyance at time keeping I'm sure if someone had a client or work on that was going to net them a big deal they would be more flexible.

If not, a meeting they didn't want to go to or similar then any excuse to fuck of if they hadn't turned up in the first 15 minutes would be taken.

:lol: So you are trying to sell a house, presumably on a hefty commission, and you've told a potential buyer not to bother, then hung up on her?

Not a sale just a rental, one I had shown to 8 other people who were on time.

Sounds like you’ll be getting a rollicking in the morning. Most likely the sack...

nah, self employed mate.

The real answer here is it depends how important the meeting is.

Regardless of personal annoyance at time keeping I'm sure if someone had a client or work on that was going to net them a big deal they would be more flexible.

If not, a meeting they didn't want to go to or similar then any excuse to fuck of if they hadn't turned up in the first 15 minutes would be taken.

Given how busy I am right now, it was an appointment I can afford not to take. Woke up to an email this morning apologising for the 'confusion' and guaranteeing she will be on time for a viewing of the apartment this afternoon.

Last edited:
Not a sale just a rental, one I had shown to 8 other people who were on time.

nah, self employed mate.

Given how busy I am right now, it was an appointment I can afford not to take. Woke up to an email this morning apologising for the 'confusion' and guaranteeing she will be on time for a viewing of the apartment this afternoon.

Will she show up? We need to know.

I have a mate who doesn't leave the house until the time your actually meant to be meeting them, it's annoying as fuck. Ignorant bassa.

I have a mate who doesn't leave the house until the time your actually meant to be meeting them, it's annoying as fuck. Ignorant bassa.

I have a Cuban wife (no).. She has a clock in the kitchen that has the words 'y pico' next to every number... which roughly translates to or there abouts...

I have a Cuban wife (no).. She has a clock in the kitchen that has the words 'y pico' next to every number... which roughly translates to or there abouts...
The boat I work on is currently in Spain in a shipyard and a lot of the contractors are German. The different approaches to time keeping are quite noticeable :lol:

Lateness is the height if ignorance in my opinion.

Once the ex Mrs was off work all day and we were due to be at a function at 7, I'd been in from work, shaved, showered, shite and dressed, she was still not ready on time.

No wonder I divorced the bitch.

So I just left an appointment before the client showed up.

She was supposed to see the house I am renting out at 4pm, called me at 4:30 to say she was running late. That was ok, I forgot to put her in my diary so we said 5 worked for both of us.

5:15 rolls round, no show and no call so I leave and head back to the office. She calls me at 5:20 to tell me she won't be long traffic was a nightmare. I tell her not to bother, that I have left the house and won't be returning.

Well she went ballistic, complaining that she had driven a distance to get to the house and she was nearly there. When I reminded her that she was in fact 80 minutes later for her 4pm and and 20 minutes late for her 5pm rescheduled she went even crazier.

I hung up... couldn't be arsed with her in this heat.

so how long would you wait for someone if they didn't call to let you know they were running late?

You are both at fault. Her timekeeping is useless but you forgot the initial appointment. If she'd turned up for the original time it would be you that was late as you'd have forgotten all about it. She called you to say she was running behind due to traffic. You could easily have called her at 5:15 to check what was going on before you left the house.

In answer to your question. A professional/client appointment I'd give 20 minutes, then I'd try to contact them if I had their number.

So I just left an appointment before the client showed up.

She was supposed to see the house I am renting out at 4pm, called me at 4:30 to say she was running late. That was ok, I forgot to put her in my diary so we said 5 worked for both of us.

5:15 rolls round, no show and no call so I leave and head back to the office. She calls me at 5:20 to tell me she won't be long traffic was a nightmare. I tell her not to bother, that I have left the house and won't be returning.

Well she went ballistic, complaining that she had driven a distance to get to the house and she was nearly there. When I reminded her that she was in fact 80 minutes later for her 4pm and and 20 minutes late for her 5pm rescheduled she went even crazier.

I hung up... couldn't be arsed with her in this heat.

so how long would you wait for someone if they didn't call to let you know they were running late?

She sounds like she could be Aunty Herbal.

Sounds like the OP had a bad day and took it out on her.

She wont turn up this afternoon but if she does it will be awkward.

Sounds like the OP had a bad day and took it out on her.

She wont turn up this afternoon but if she does it will be awkward.

OP had a cracking day yesterday. Was knackered and back at the rental apartment at 6:30 for final appointment of the day.

As for awkward, I have 5 applications on this apartment already so don't particularly care if she wants it or not at this stage. If she doesn't turn up I'll watch Sky Sports if she does I'll be polite.

OP had a cracking day yesterday. Was knackered and back at the rental apartment at 6:30 for final appointment of the day.

As for awkward, I have 5 applications on this apartment already so don't particularly care if she wants it or not at this stage. If she doesn't turn up I'll watch Sky Sports if she does I'll be polite.

She sounds like a twat tbf. I bet she doesn't turn up.

Did she turn up?

When I first read your post I completely missed the "l" in "clock" and, man, did that change the meaning.

The life of a call centre operative. I've been there
The trick is to pretend to hear somone call your name at 16:58 and put yourself at "not available", take off your headset and go "yes? did someone say my name?"
Then, when no-one answers, you go back to "available", comfortably at the back of the queue for calls.
Simples
Knows. I did seven years at British Gas. I never finished late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back