Time Keeping - When To Leave?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The fact he forgot cancels out the first hour of lateness. How can you be late to an appointment that the other person doesn't know about.

Easy. The appointment still existed. And that she phoned 30 mins after to say she was late is shocking. Ive known people like this & they are an absolute pain in the arse with zero consideration for your time.

Easy. The appointment still existed. And that she phoned 30 mins after to say she was late is shocking. Ive known people like this & they are an absolute pain in the arse with zero consideration for your time.
Well it seemed she was stuck in bad traffic so that’s a perfectly good excuse.

All these people saying they’d leave, I doubt they would.

Well she sounds a bit better than the OP who cares so much that the appointment totally slipped his mind.

I was meant to be be meeting a colleague on site at 4pm yesterday, I finish a job and travel to the meeting location for 3.50. Gets to 4.30 and she hasn't turned up, I call the office and they tell me she went home early. The lazy bint couldn't even be arsed to txt me.

Well it seemed she was stuck in bad traffic so that’s a perfectly good excuse.

All these people saying they’d leave, I doubt they would.

It would be had she phoned up 40 mins earlier. I think it was just an excuse for her bad time keeping. Its funny that people who are always late, theres always seems to be something in the way that makes them late.

Well she sounds a bit better than the OP who cares so much that the appointment totally slipped his mind.

She doesnt. OP wins 2-1 as he only missed initial appointment. She's missed both. And if I follow your argument of that she was only 20 mins. You turn upto a doctors appointment or airport 20 mins late, you wont be seeing your doctor that day (some think you should be find anarl) or will be going on holiday.

You must be one of those selfish people who constantly mess folk about by always turning up late if you're defending her.

Last edited:
The fact he forgot cancels out the first hour of lateness. How can you be late to an appointment that the other person doesn't know about.

Is she telepathic? She was late to the appointment.

Is she telepathic? She was late to the appointment.

But she didn’t delay the OP by the time he’s suggesting.

She was 80 minutes late but only cost him 20 minutes of his time.

He totally forgot about the appointment. Has she been on time, in another universe somewhere on a messageboard in the US, she’d have started this thread :lol:

It would be had she phoned up 40 mins earlier. I think it was just an excuse for her bad time keeping. Its funny that people who are always late, theres always seems to be something in the way that makes them late.

She doesnt. OP wins 2-1 as he only missed initial appointment. She's missed both. And if I follow your argument of that she was only 20 mins. You turn upto a doctors appointment or airport 20 mins late, you wont be seeing your doctor that day (some think you should be find anarl) or will be going on holiday.

You must be one of those selfish people who constantly mess folk about by always turning up late if you're defending her.
Completely different when you’re trying to sell something.

But she didn’t delay the OP by the time he’s suggesting.

She was 80 minutes late but only cost him 20 minutes of his time.

He totally forgot about the appointment. Has she been on time, in another universe somewhere on a messageboard in the US, she’d have started this thread :lol:

But she was oblivious, thus was still that late. She just didn't inconvenience the OP out of as much time as he seems to feel she has.

I dont know if she's telepathic or not but if I was her I'd be seeking out a more competent agent who won't forget appointments.

Wouldn't disagree with that :lol:

She was still late and didn't have the decency to call as soon as she knew she would be.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 42
I dont know if she's telepathic or not but if I was her I'd be seeking out a more competent agent who won't forget appointments.
What time was she meant to be there? 4pm
What time did she turn up? Some time after 5.20

How late was she for her original appointment?

What time was she meant to be there? 4pm
What time did she turn up? Some time after 5.20

How late was she for her original appointment?
Her original appointment was rescheduled so it's moot. She was 20 mins late and after the OP completely forgot she existed you'd think he'd just be grateful the meeting could even take place at all.

Her original appointment was rescheduled so it's moot. She was 20 mins late and after the OP completely forgot she existed you'd think he'd just be grateful the meeting could even take place at all.
Well she was already 30 minutes late before she even bothered to contact the OP and was blatantly unaware that the OP forgot about it so that is a completely moot point.

I hate lateness of any kind. No excuse for it. Its down to people being fcuking stupid and not preparing. Guess its a sign of society today when people just think they can do what they want and have no effect on anyone else

Reactions: 42
So I just left an appointment before the client showed up.

She was supposed to see the house I am renting out at 4pm, called me at 4:30 to say she was running late. That was ok, I forgot to put her in my diary so we said 5 worked for both of us.

5:15 rolls round, no show and no call so I leave and head back to the office. She calls me at 5:20 to tell me she won't be long traffic was a nightmare. I tell her not to bother, that I have left the house and won't be returning.

Well she went ballistic, complaining that she had driven a distance to get to the house and she was nearly there. When I reminded her that she was in fact 80 minutes later for her 4pm and and 20 minutes late for her 5pm rescheduled she went even crazier.

I hung up... couldn't be arsed with her in this heat.

so how long would you wait for someone if they didn't call to let you know they were running late?

The rule of thumb is 20 minutes for a professional appointment or say 30 minutes for a social engagement (meet at pub for drinks) or 40 minutes for a date bearing in mind it's done women always come late.

If they ring to say they're going to be late, another 20 minutes on both is about right or rearrange for another, mutually agreeable time.

You waiting 80 minutes was way beyond what was reasonable even with her ringing back. She can't expect you to hang around as she doesn't know what else you have scheduled.

That said, he'd forgotten himself, so that would reset the effective start time to 5 pm.

If he's forgotten and rescheduled, then 5.40 sounds more reasonable and she has a right to complain in this instance.

Last edited:
I love being late for stuff. Really enjoy the sense of power it gives me. Making somebody wait for me. I'm usually deliberately late by a couple of minutes for most things. Usually just some throw away excuse. They know I'm lying but I don't care. Even if they don't wait for me at least I've inconvenienced them enough to annoy them.

Is probably what the woman is thinking.

I love being late for stuff. Really enjoy the sense of power it gives me. Making somebody wait for me. I'm usually deliberately late by a couple of minutes for most things. Usually just some throw away excuse. They know I'm lying but I don't care. Even if they don't wait for me at least I've inconvenienced them enough to annoy them.

Is probably what the woman is thinking.

If the woman is checking out a bloke at a distance for a date before going up to him or sacking him off, I get that hence the 40 minute rule.

But a professional appointment, no.

That said, the original appointment had been forgotten so all is negated.

She was 20 minutes late to an appointment she made 30 minutes before. She could have had the courtesy to inform him again. I would have binned her off first time and told her to re arrange.
I have contempt for people with no basic manners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back