Time Keeping - When To Leave?

Status
Not open for further replies.

So I just left an appointment before the client showed up.

She was supposed to see the house I am renting out at 4pm, called me at 4:30 to say she was running late. That was ok, I forgot to put her in my diary so we said 5 worked for both of us.

5:15 rolls round, no show and no call so I leave and head back to the office. She calls me at 5:20 to tell me she won't be long traffic was a nightmare. I tell her not to bother, that I have left the house and won't be returning.

Well she went ballistic, complaining that she had driven a distance to get to the house and she was nearly there. When I reminded her that she was in fact 80 minutes later for her 4pm and and 20 minutes late for her 5pm rescheduled she went even crazier.

I hung up... couldn't be arsed with her in this heat.

so how long would you wait for someone if they didn't call to let you know they were running late?

The scenario you describe is weird, i’d be pissed off in both your shoes. You’re both wrong yet are being reasonable at the same time.

No score draw

So I just left an appointment before the client showed up.

She was supposed to see the house I am renting out at 4pm, called me at 4:30 to say she was running late. That was ok, I forgot to put her in my diary so we said 5 worked for both of us.

5:15 rolls round, no show and no call so I leave and head back to the office. She calls me at 5:20 to tell me she won't be long traffic was a nightmare. I tell her not to bother, that I have left the house and won't be returning.

Well she went ballistic, complaining that she had driven a distance to get to the house and she was nearly there. When I reminded her that she was in fact 80 minutes later for her 4pm and and 20 minutes late for her 5pm rescheduled she went even crazier.

I hung up... couldn't be arsed with her in this heat.

so how long would you wait for someone if they didn't call to let you know they were running late?
I would probably have rung to check the situation.

Most likely the sack...
Lucky boy - is she cute?

If people aren’t there on time and without a phonecall letting me know they will be late I leave whatever appointment I am at. Haven’t got time to be wasting on people who can’t manage their time.

If I am arranging a meeting with someone who has time keeping like herbal I tell them the meeting is 15 minutes earlier than I tell everyone else. It usually gets them there about 5 minutes before you are due to start

:lol: So you are trying to sell a house, presumably on a hefty commission, and you've told a potential buyer not to bother, then hung up on her?
This, bad salesmanship.

Basically OP should've sucked it up and gone back to the house. You agreed on a 5pm appointment so the 80 minutes argument is horseshit.

She'll be phoning someone and throwing shade arl ower.

Depends where I was. On a job, 45 minutes I reckon, in a pub I'd probably give them a day or two.
:lol:

I would probably have rung to check the situation.
Exactly. If the client didn't show up at the agreed time, I would have called and checked to find out what was going on.

This, bad salesmanship.

Basically OP should've sucked it up and gone back to the house. You agreed on a 5pm appointment so the 80 minutes argument is horseshit.

She'll be phoning someone and throwing shade arl ower.
Agree

Last edited by a moderator:
Our lass works in a call centre and reckons if someone rings in at 16.59 she has to take the call. Even if it lasts 30 minutes and she’s got to be somewhere, she’s not allowed to hang up or ask them to call back. That must be pretty annoying.
mm mhh

I'd have been annoyed if I was her. She wasn't 80 mins late she was 20.

She only wouldve only been 20 mins late had she phone to rearrange well before the original time slot. She phoned 30 mins after. So she was 80 mins late. The fact he also forgot wouldve only come into it had she been on time in the first place.

She only wouldve only been 20 mins late had she phone to rearrange well before the original time slot. She phoned 30 mins after. So she was 80 mins late. The fact he also forgot wouldve only come into it had she been on time in the first place.
The fact he forgot cancels out the first hour of lateness. How can you be late to an appointment that the other person doesn't know about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back