Time Keeping - When To Leave?

njmackem

Striker
So I just left an appointment before the client showed up.

She was supposed to see the house I am renting out at 4pm, called me at 4:30 to say she was running late. That was ok, I forgot to put her in my diary so we said 5 worked for both of us.

5:15 rolls round, no show and no call so I leave and head back to the office. She calls me at 5:20 to tell me she won't be long traffic was a nightmare. I tell her not to bother, that I have left the house and won't be returning.

Well she went ballistic, complaining that she had driven a distance to get to the house and she was nearly there. When I reminded her that she was in fact 80 minutes later for her 4pm and and 20 minutes late for her 5pm rescheduled she went even crazier.

I hung up... couldn't be arsed with her in this heat.

so how long would you wait for someone if they didn't call to let you know they were running late?

She was supposed to see the house I am renting out at 4pm, called me at 4:30 to say she was running late. That was ok, I forgot to put her in my diary so we said 5 worked for both of us.

5:15 rolls round, no show and no call so I leave and head back to the office. She calls me at 5:20 to tell me she won't be long traffic was a nightmare. I tell her not to bother, that I have left the house and won't be returning.

Well she went ballistic, complaining that she had driven a distance to get to the house and she was nearly there. When I reminded her that she was in fact 80 minutes later for her 4pm and and 20 minutes late for her 5pm rescheduled she went even crazier.

so how long would you wait for someone if they didn't call to let you know they were running late?
Depends where I was. On a job, 45 minutes I reckon, in a pub I'd probably give them a day or two.

She's basically saying that your time is worth absolutely nothing. That hers is more important.

Fuck that cocksucing whore.
I hate whores who can't suc cock properly.

Our lass works in a call centre and reckons if someone rings in at 16.59 she has to take the call. Even if it lasts 30 minutes and she’s got to be somewhere, she’s not allowed to hang up or ask them to call back. That must be pretty annoying.
Especially if it's you. :lol:

If it was a client it depends how busy I am. If I was supposed to be meeting them somwhere and wasn't that arsed I'd probably give them 15-30 minutes and tell them I've got another appointment I need to get to or summat.

...you forgot she was turning up originally:rolleyes::rolleyes:

She shouldve phoned just before 4:00 (at the very latest) to say she was running late. I'd have written her off as a no show after 15 mins.

In fact if she wanted to see the house 90 mins later, id have said ok if she was willing to pay you an OT rate for the additional 2 hrs she's wasted.

Our lass works in a call centre and reckons if someone rings in at 16.59 she has to take the call. Even if it lasts 30 minutes and she’s got to be somewhere, she’s not allowed to hang up or ask them to call back. That must be pretty annoying.
The life of a call centre operative. I've been there
The trick is to pretend to hear somone call your name at 16:58 and put yourself at "not available", take off your headset and go "yes? did someone say my name?"
Then, when no-one answers, you go back to "available", comfortably at the back of the queue for calls.
Simples

Back