1. The forums are temporarily closed for new registrations
    We expect to re-open for new users towards the end of July.
    Dismiss Notice

Thunder warning

Discussion in 'SMB' started by Ginger John, Jun 29, 2019.

1. tooliohelmet

tooliohelmet Midfield

Fnar Fnar........

JohnSmithUK likes this.
  2. Nipped into town before the rain.:(
    [​IMG]
    Telly has now gone off, both the Sky Box and aerial and I'm expecting my bathroom ceiling to collapse any minute.
    Started the week with getting my toot howked out and it hasn't really got any better.:lol:

3. Baloo

Baloo Striker Contributor

It’s ruining my day watching the cricket!

RestlessNatives likes this.
  4. Bob Fleming

Bob Fleming Striker

Was absolutely lashing down in NE11 earlier. I didn't bring a coat with me today.
    Heard nee rumblings though.

5. Cookie

Cookie Midfield

Nivver heard of ironing your collar like?

myleftfoot1978 and Lukas73 like this.
  6. BDI

BDI Winger

TBF thou, you're probably safest in a car/van than if ya were out walking, or even in the hoose! ;)

7. luvulongtime

luvulongtime Striker

the rains lifted the manhole cover off on Strawberry bank and at the bottom beside the shops and beside the convent the roads flooded

muggboots likes this.
  8. Chester Road, Hylton Road and around St Lukes Church in Pallion are all flooded too.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Geronimo

Geronimo Striker

I'm in Tampa. Lightning capitol of the world.

Plenty of thunder gannin on currently.

10. SAFC_Jack

SAFC_Jack Striker

Hasn’t even rained in DH6 :lol:

Kenna likes this.
  11. andyj73

andyj73 Striker

.. Was like driving through a river all the way from Barns Park, trough to Pallion an hour or so ago .. Was off to B&Q but aborted plan after driving through Pallion ..

.. Think that's my car on there. The first on on the pick. Looks like it and remember the taxi on the left ..

.. Edit .. Naw it isn't ..

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
  12. Absolutely pissing it down, thunder / lightening forecast for 2pm - hope the bastard has stopped by the time I go to pick the bairn up at 3pm ffs :confused:

13. small mythos

small mythos Full Back

Nature always seemed to save apocalyptic downpours for the 8.45 walk to school and the 3.20 pick up when my boys were little :evil:

14. I don't drive either so it's just me and my umbrella (too hot for a winter coat).

15. Marty Moose

Marty Moose Striker

The bairns school has turfed all the kids out due to leaks. Turned up there and it was absolute chaos, like a scene from threads

16. DJP

DJP Striker

And it was a white shirt before you went out.

A nice metal umbrella or "lightning conductor" as they are know in the trade?

17. Jon Dough

Jon Dough Goalkeeper

I am in Ottawa,we are expecting thunder and lightening later today.

18. hungrymackem

hungrymackem Goalkeeper

Bit further along on Brookeside terrace, another manhole lifted, looks like the "hole" has claimed a police van. The flood here also claimed a mini, I suspect engine may need a lot of work!

19. max wartbug

max wartbug Winger

Noticed quite a few of the drains in my street were blocked and assume this will be the same all over town as you never see the drain clearers out now.
    No the wonder the streets flood easily.

Wdsc