Thunder warning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thunder now predicted from 2am to 8am Wednesday morning.

It won't happen. Ever since Michael Fish fucked up the weather forecasters always err on the dramatic just in case it happens.

Thunder now predicted from 2am to 8am Wednesday morning.

It won't happen. Ever since Michael Fish fucked up the weather forecasters always err on the dramatic just in case it happens.

Huge thunderstorm woke me up in Stafford about an hour ago. Still thundering now although the rain is now down to a fairly normal level whereas it was pretty much apocalyptic for about 15 minutes. I thought I was going to need an ark.

Fantastic light show and biblical rain in Somerset at around midnight for about an hour, got up this morning and to look at the pavements amd roads you wouldn't think it had rained

Surprised you haven’t blamed Brexit tbh.

The EU joint research centre provides and updates Interpolated Meterological Datasets daily. This is used as a basis set for meteorologists to predict and model weather patterns which are then presented on TV as predictions. Fully 100 of the scientists who work there are British and expected to leave, plus obviously funding will be reduced. So in fact he could legitimately have blamed brexit for reduced accuracy in weather forecasting. ;)

Always wondered what it would be like being a storm chaser, running after Twisters, etc.

Love a good lightning show....

It’s on my list for sure, I was fishing in Canada a few weeks back and just over the boarder the USA got a load of twisters.

The Storm cells we could see developing. Truly humbling

It’s heading north. Absolutely lashing down right now.
Looks like it will miss east Durham as you say

Last edited:
It’s on my list for sure, I was fishing in Canada a few weeks back and just over the boarder the USA got a load of twisters.

The Storm cells we could see developing. Truly humbling

Aye used to have relatives to who lived on the outskirts of Austin, Texas.... tornado alley they called it. Some of the scenes they used to describe to us was pretty amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back